Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Visitor
chelle83
0 Kudos

Cost to replace a SG3 screen

Hi all, I was a complete idiot tonight and dropped my phone for a moment. The screen has completely shattered on me. Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace it? I didnt get the insurance either (I know really really bad)

Community Leader
Caaf

Re: Cost to replace a SG3 screen

It would depend on which path you would like to travel. Out of contract? Just get a new phone on a contract, what about tackling it your self? The screens them selves can be bought for less than $20. 

Not knowing your location. I would be you'd have a little store either in or around a close by shopping centre and at a guess they'd charge around $75 to $120 clams.

Good luck and happy hunting.

Cheers,
Dave

Note. Although it appears, this is not a main stream support forum!! It's a conglomerate of both fellow consumers/customers and Telstra employees helping you out!
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
TheL
0 Kudos

chelle83 wrote:

Hi all, I was a complete idiot tonight and dropped my phone for a moment. The screen has completely shattered on me. Does anyone know how much it would cost to replace it? I didnt get the insurance either (I know really really bad)

Hi chelle83, 

Ouch :smileysad: 

There are two options that I can think of to have this fixed:

- Bring the handset into your local Telstra Tech Bar to be sent away to our National Repair Centre, so that a qualified repairer can assess the extent of the damage to the handset. Whilst the screen may be smashed, there could be other parts on the phone that'll need fixing. 

After the assessment, you will then be contacted and given a quote before they go ahead with the repair. If you decide to go ahead, most of our Telstra Stores will have loan phones, that you can use until you get your handset back. 

- The second option, is to look for a third party mobile repairs centre. They do need to be approved Samsung repairers, so definitely ask for their accreditation, or there may be implications on your warranty. 

I hope this helps. 

Telstra Social media Team.

Need help with your account? You can Chat with us here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

ararat
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a 3rd option.

Get on Ebay and buy the frame and screen, this mandates you tranplant some itmes like microphone, camera, speaker and other sensors that are not directly glued to the mainboard.

I did it twice on my SGS2 and it was easy, took me in total 20 mins each time.

Just remember, it has to have a home screen in the pic or else it is much harder to glue back the frame to the new screen.

Most of the screens come with the tools for the job.

Just need to be a bit handy and not pull hard on wires.

Y