Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Visitor
CattyB

Recent Software Update (Samsung Galaxy S2) - Problems!!

Hi,

Has anyone found the update from last week to be nothing but a drama? Ever since the software upgrade, my Samsung Galaxy S2 has had numerous problems & less features - it constantly freezes & force closes applications, photos do not auto rotate in Gallery, you cannot send photos directly from Gallery anymore, instead you must go to the method (messages, facebook, email etc) by which you wish to do it, the lock screen is crap, I cannot figure out how to take a screen shot anymore, I can't follow links from Facebook, amongst other things.

I'm very unhappy! Does anyone know of any solutions to these problems?

Thanks! :smileyhappy:

amanda6393
0 Kudos

Re: Recent Software Update (Samsung Galaxy S2) - Problems!!

Yes! Yes! Yes! It's driving me nuts. While I don't mind the new font, etc, my phone has been shutting down randomly ever since doing the upgrade. VERY frustrating. It usually does it when going into sleep mode, I go to use my phone again and find it won't turn on.The only way I can get it to turn back on is to remove the battery, reinsert then switch back on. Not being able to rotate my gallery shots is also very annoying. Hopefully they're working on a fix for this....sooner rather than later.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Can you both try Backup and Factory Reset to see if this resolves the issue?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

scottlong86
0 Kudos

Im also having issues, mainly with my battery life.

I have performed a factory reset and nothing changed

wombat929
0 Kudos

I'm super, super unhappy following the update a couple of weeks ago. (I actually did it on 12.05.2012).

I went to a telstra shop this morning - amazingly I was attended to immediately. The crowds must have worked out that it's a waste of time.

A very nice guy spent ages - didn't time him, anywhere between 30 and sixty minutes at a guess - but he frankly didn't have a clue how to fix anything. I was sent home to save my data before him doing a factory re-set (which I can do myself) or send phone to Samsung. I figured out one solution after getting home so didn't go back.

My problems - that I've found so far ....

- 'touch' barely works - more like a hard jab to access most things

- Hotmail: can't reply from the phone. There's a message that says the email couldn't be sent and it's stored in my drafts folder. No it's not. It will allow me to forward an email so that's a work around.

- Hotmail: synced all my contacts - which I didn't want to do. When I deleted the unwanted ones they deleted from the Hotmail account. I'm writing this as a break from doing a word.doc with all my contact details so if phone and hotmail mess up again I'll have the data backed up where they can't get it

- Hotmail: when I delete messages they're still there when I access hotmail via my pc. Compare that with the loss of contacts!!

- Downloading photos & videos from text messages. There's no menu when you touch the menu icon. Finally figured out that if you hold your finger on the message it will eventually bring up the menu that used to appear when you touched the menu icon. Go figure.  You can save the image/video at this point.

- Finding the image after saving it is problematic. It might be in downloads or might be in attachments, or you might have to save it a second time and look again. Here, if you find the image in the scrolling thimbnails - "press" your finger on it and again, the menu you used to get when you touched the menu icon will appear.

Probably the easiest thing to do now is choose copy then from that create a new folder and copy to it. At least you'll know where to find the image whenever you want to do something with it. Hint: Name the folder so it appears at the top of the folders list.

If you skip that, there is the 'share' optionwhich brings up quite a list. I'm not sure if it's a generic list or whether some are particular to me, eg WordPress because I have a WordPress Blog

- when I deleted some images the names didn't go with them - they went to the photos that moved up in the collection. Helpful. Not!

- my app killer doesn't work any more. It takes me to the list of apps that I can turn on and off. One more thing to do - work out how to get it to kill when I want it to.

- Worst of all in a different sense - I now get adverts. Why??!! Well yes, I know why really.  I didn't get ads before the update. I'll be boycotting all the products that turn up advertised on a menu list.

That's all I can think of - for now! Really. I shouldn't have any to think of at all.

The best thing that samsung could do would be to roll out an update that rolls back the update we've just had. It must be one of the dumbest updates I've ever seen. And that's saying something when you think of some of the things Micro$hit and Windoze have done.

motocross_mike

I too have noticed many of the things noted in the last post. Photos not rotating, having to press an app for a second or 2 to get it to launch rather than just tap it etc.  My phone has also turned it self off 4 times since the update. It did it again this afternoon after having an overnight charge. Previously I could get it to start again by pressing the power button (and holding it in for about 15 secs) But that didnt work this time. I had to remove the battery and refit it. Powered up ok after that , but I had to search for a network again to get the phone back on telstra 3g. When I took the battery out I noticed the phone was quite hot, so it has been doing something in the background (i dont know what though). When I restarted the phone it had 25% charge left. I can usually get 2 days out of a charge when I dont run apps etc and just leave it in standby mode, as I did today.

The phone is not much use if it is going to turn itself off from time to time. I am not one of these people who are constently looking at their phone, so it is only when I come to use it I find it has turned itself off, for how long it has been off I do not know.

Telstra he better fix the problem soon or at least give us the option to go back to the previous version of Android that never gave me any problems.

Occasional Visitor
kdeisel
0 Kudos

I've also had problems with my Samsung Galaxy S2 since the recent updates.

I had really been enjoying my phone and now find it really annoying to use (almost hoping I lose it so I can get a new phone!).

Most annoying things are that it is slower and will not send emails from my hotmail (though I can receive).

I notice no reply from anyone from Telstra to these posts...I wonder what help there can be for this problem which many people are experiencing?!

Telstra Employee
QwertFu
0 Kudos

HI Crowd,

This is a concern. Havnt really had any calls in to Mobile Assurance regarding this. Has anyone found a fix? Is the issue still occurring?

Please let me know and I will try to get some answers for you.

Also, can you let me know the exact firmware and software you have from the about screen on your phone.

Cheers

I'm glad I can offer help, but please note all posts are my personal advice or opinion and do not necessarily reflect the view or policy of Telstra.
New Contributor
Smitty0412

Telstra should really get a move on with this ..whole issue. Samsung do not want know about it (they say ring Telstra)

and in the case of Telstra forums...issues with the ICS upgrade are everywhere!

Just in case someone from Telstra is interested (hello is there anyone out there??) -

here - http://exchange.telstra.com.au/2012/04/27/samsung-galaxy-s-ii-gets-ice-cream-sandwich/comment-page-1...

here -  http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Android/Galaxy-S2-ICS-Upgrade-Battery-Drains-Fast/td-p/44885/p...

here - http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Android/Galaxy-S2-updates-source/m-p/43007

and   I have to say based on my experience  -

The upgrade wipes ALL email accounts except gmail accounts (Samsung Help Desk have admitted this whilst teaching me how to get them back..which is long and slow)

Battery life is now a joke. I have Samsung’s extended battery in mine and its life was good on Android 2.3. Now?
Down to less than 50% in about 4 hours from fully charged ..very ugly! Battery usage shows ANDROID OS using 60%!

Also I have to turn the phone off to charge it. Yes the phone is discharging quicker than the charger can charge it.

The new keyboard setup is a joke. You type a word in ..and its changes it! The software behind this also does NOT like people’s names nor recognise that fact. A simple message of a few lines can take you 15 mins to get it right!

Most downloaded Apps are shunted off the system and you have to download or update them (who remembers all the apps on their phone and are able to check which ones are still there after the ICS upgrade?)

The upgrade also clobbers all other settings (WiFi, Acount sync etc) and you have to go and re-set them. Have a bluetooth connection with your car or PC?..its GONE with this update. 

…and just to add insult to injury,  the ICS update on my Samsung SII also split up all of my contact details.

Previously have one contact with email, a work phone, a home phone and a mobile number stored in your contacts?.. The ICS upgrade makes that now FOUR separate contacts.!! I had maybe 200 contacts before the upgrade…

I now have over 800! and that is just plain ridiculous…

so

WARNING ..the Telstra ICS upgrade on SII is a seriously BAD move!

Chasing fixes, I have googled this ICS upgrade issue and it appears to be worldwise... people on Europe UK India Asia and screaming about their phones now being useless after the upgrade

And a  final note, with zilch support so far from either Samsung (their phone Help is useless) or Telstra, after speaking to Consumer Affairs and ACCC I am putting a case together for them to take on.  As ACCC said, if your seller has modified what you bought ( a phone in this case) and it is 'no longer fit for purpose' ...as in it no longer does what it did before ..then they will get a resolution for you. Consumer Affairs have been inundated also...

New Contributor
Smitty0412
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Qwertfu you ask still happening..?? yes
see my post!. Telstra are telling us who ring or go to a store to contact Samsung ..probably why there is nothing at Telstra... its called a handpass in street lingo!

my details are Android 4.0.3
Version .. I9100 TDVLP3
Build No .. IML74K.DVLP4

Telstra Employee
QwertFu
0 Kudos

Ok, so ongoing then...

I understand you're frustrated Smitty. But, I have colleagues here with the same exact phone and ICS update NOT experiencing these problems. So far, I see you have a long list of niggling problems that are mostly about the device and its interface and usability, not the Telstra network. So, if I may ask, please, what have you tried so far to SOLVE your issues?

• Have you downloaded the Kies software from Samsung and performed a full backup and restore of the handset?
  • Have you asked the Telstra Store to send your handset away under warranty to ensure it is not physically faulty?

If these 2 steps have been completed, and you believe that Telstra is still at fault, please log a complaint via the Contact Us section of Telstra.com.

I really do feel this is the best advice I can give you.

cheers

I'm glad I can offer help, but please note all posts are my personal advice or opinion and do not necessarily reflect the view or policy of Telstra.
Dr_Kipperlips
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have posted a few items in the thread referred to in previous post here - '...battery drains fast'.... detailing the issues I have had with ICS, but really they are the same as all the other users' issues. For me, the real showstoppers are the battery issues and the mail, especially the broken Exchange push mail issue.

Since I posted in the other threads week or so ago, I have done a complete factory reset of the handset using Kies. The only thing I backed up and restored was the contact list and the SMS messages. I downloaded the latest versions of everything from the Android store and set up my email boxes, screen layout, uploaded music etc from scratch. This has slightly improved battery life, but it is still nowhere near the levels I saw on Gingerbread. If anything, the battery life seemed to start off ok, but has got steadily worse over the last week and I'm almost back to the levels I had when I performed the intial GB > ICS install.  This recent reduction in battery life has not coinicded with any additional useage, new app download or update.

I too understand Smitty's frustration as for many people the post-ICS-update galaxy S2 is pretty much un-useable as a smartphone in the state that it seems many users have it in... data switched off to make battery last = $800 a-year-phone as much use as a nokia brick from the late 90s.....data switched on = insufficient battery life to complete a day's work.

There are too many users reporting similar issues for this to be an isolated incident or due to hardware failure - unless a whole batch of handsets that landed in Australia is the cause.

The simple fact is that these issues were not apparent on Gingerbread for any users but Telstra has not issued any instructions on how to roll back and seems very reluctant to admit the issues exist - it is no wonder to me the user base is beginning to get frustrated.

I am not interested in logging complaints because that will not result in a phone that works. Instead I will put my time into assisting the investigation by providing any information as to my experience in the hope that a Telstra rep can identify the issue and provide assistance, or at least accept there are issues and issue instructions on reverting to the Gingerbread OS.

Any questions or instructions Telstra reps have, I will try to answer/test..... just give us something.

Same OS versions and build as Smitty's post.

New Contributor
Smitty0412
0 Kudos

Qwertfu..thanks for the reply. (and the interest)

In answer...

1) yes and a factory re-set as well (then restored my contacts mail etc) but have not restored any apps ..except AVG antivirus

2) yes..have approached 2 Telstra stores asked for assistance but both have replied that it is NOT..repeat NOT

a Telstra issue, it is a Samsung issue.  They also told me nothing is wrong with the phone. (yes technically correct I know as it actually makes calls) howvere Samsung are repeating the mantra.... the ICS was to Telstra's specifications so talk to them. Frustrated? ..yes I am !

in the meantime, I conducted a little experiment.(yes it cost me!)

My phone with the ICS ugrade AND the genuine Samsung EXTENDED battery

vs a 2nd hand SII I bought off ebay..with the original Samsung battery and GB 2.3.4

I set both phones up the same...same mail accounts, no apps etc

Battery life - my phone (after re-set) about 8 hours to totallly dead (actually a reported 2% left) 

and the 2nd hand used SII..it got cranky after 22 hours as it was down to 8%.

I then popped the Extended battery into my 2nd hand find... and at present it has run

37 hours and reports 12% left!

Also...

the 2nd hand phone with GB also does not suffer from the keyboard issues..in that you type and its stays what you typed. No word changes, no other changes unlike ICS. I was also able to have my 200 contacts back as prior to the ICS upgrade

I am using the 2nd hand SII in preference to my now very expensive paperweight of an SII...because it does everything

that I originally bought an SII from telstra for.

New Contributor
Smitty0412
0 Kudos

and to add to my previous post....

another experiment.!

I bought a nongenuine 3500mAH Battery for the SII. It is a big thick mother and required a completely

new back and protective cover (they fortunately come with the battery) This is to compare with the

standard Samsung 1300mAH battery.

With my original SII ( the one with ICS upgrade) and with all normal functions turned on (BT wiFi etc)

it has now been running 19 hours with 59% battery left (after being charged to 100% (with phone SWITCHED OFF)

this is interesting..... see my post above with the comments on the 2nd hand  SII with GB 2.3.4 for a comparison

re batteries .

Established Member
helidude
0 Kudos

the ICS update was a big mistake. I've tried the factory reset but still having issues. My download speeds are incredibly slow and battery life has been halved.

I'd go back to 2.3.6 but then the gps wont work for me on that so theres no easy way out. very frustrating.

ANDY3R
0 Kudos

argh! ever since the upgrade I've had the same issues, I have never been so frustrated, I cannot download pics and if I try, not only will it not download, good luck in trying to send that contact a text again, they will all fail - yet I can send anyone else a text.

freezes at least once a day, battery life is far poorer and touch is practically 'force' now - how do I go back to the previous software taht made me love my samsung galaxy SII??!!

New Contributor
Smitty0412
0 Kudos

..thanks not to Telstra for fixing this issue and thanks to the little mobile phone repair shop near work

who converted me back to GB 2.3.6 and joy oh joy...a phone that now again does everything it did when i bought it
(and +36hours battery life with the Samsung extended battery...even better) result?? ...its brilliant

...thanks not to Telstra for r emoving all their mobile phone packages and replacing them with more expensive

and less featured ones . When my contract ceases, its off elsewhere. There are plenty of places now offering

less expensive AND better packages!

and thanks not not to whoever has been deleting my other recent posts here. Seems as though censorship

of both critical..and helpful posts here is the order of the day.

Ben_F
0 Kudos

Smitty0412 wrote: 

and thanks not not to whoever has been deleting my other recent posts here. Seems as though censorship

of both critical..and helpful posts here is the order of the day.

If you have problems with Moderation, please send a PM to StephenD or to DanK.

New Users - Click Here!

Occasional Visitor
pennywise
0 Kudos

Just purchased 2 new s2 phones last month and now both are freezing and also require to pull battery to turn on. Even took one phone into store in bad state to show them, of course had to send them to repair centre and just heard back that they have found no fault, both under 30 days and store will not replace.

Not feeling the buzz telstra!
Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Thanks for all your posts with your feedback regarding the issues you've been having with your Samsung Galaxy S2 handset since the latest ICS update.

Firstly, I'm sorry for any frustrations and inconvenience caused by this.

I've now forwarded this issue to our Mobile experts to be looked into and to see if there is a fix in development to address these problems.

I will update the thread as soon as I get further information. I really appreciate your patience at this time. Thank you.

With kind regards,

-Joe:smileyhappy:
Telstra Social Media Team - Community Moderator

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Occasional Contributor
Devilman05
0 Kudos

pennywise wrote:
Just purchased 2 new s2 phones last month and now both are freezing and also require to pull battery to turn on. Even took one phone into store in bad state to show them, of course had to send them to repair centre and just heard back that they have found no fault, both under 30 days and store will not replace.

Not feeling the buzz telstra!

I Find I have the same issue, leave for work and 15 minutes later when I'm at work its frozen and battery drained to 70%..

I stumbled over it by mistake.. If I switch off the wifi before I leave home the phone is fine..

still a pain in the ass having to manually switch it as I often forget.

Apart from a schedule app, does anyone know a fix for this issue?

Regular Visitor
Trkinneys2

Hey,

I've had my S2 for about a year now and just recently updated it to the new operating system. At first, I was having nothing but problems with the new os. My battery was dying like 5 times faster than it did with gingerbread and for some reason my swift key keyboard is squished in landscape mode. I can barely see what I am typing and  i have to scroll down to hit send on te stock sms app.

Anyways, after days of looking to fix my battery life issue, I found the solution. In the developer options in the settings you can limit how many back ground processes  can run. That helped at first, but as it turned out the root of my problem was the official facebook app. If you have it open then just hit the home key to exit it, it runs in the background and uses over 50 percent of your phones cpu, which just nukes your battery and it dies so fast. I found an app called Fast for facebook , which exits itself when you are done viewing your facebook and it barely uses any cpu. After I got rid of the official facebook app, I didnt even need to limit background processes anymore and now my phone goes two days without needing charged, instead of a few hours.

well 

sherimurphy
0 Kudos

Hi There!

I'm right there with you on the frustrations with the update and my samsung galazy S2!  My main issue is it now won't pair with my bluetooth that's installed in my car.  I have a Parrot in the car and the phone just keeps "thinking" and "thinking" and never actually pairs with the device.  I did a hard reset on the phone through the Sprint store and it didn't fix anything. 

I checked to see if there was any updates that could be done on the bluetooth and there aren't.  To add to the frustration, in the past I could delete or remove any devices my phone had paired with and now there isn't even an option to remove the device.  AND, the phone keep appearing to show my bluetooth device twice in the menu (and since I can't delete one this makes the problem worse) yet in the end it won't let me actually pair to either display of the device!!!!!!!!

No one from the Sprint store or Best Buy seems to know what to do.  They all have told me to just wait and see if another update comes out to fix it but I don't know if that will happen and in the meantime I don't have my bluetooth!

Any suggestions?

Sheri

Rosmusin
0 Kudos

I have same slow internet connection after upgrading from android 2.3.6 to 4.0.3.  My problem seems to be very very slow connection (most times a website simply times out).  I have contacted telstra twice and they gave me different settings for my APN each time.  Neither works any better.

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Rosmusin wrote:

I have same slow internet connection after upgrading from android 2.3.6 to 4.0.3.  My problem seems to be very very slow connection (most times a website simply times out).  I have contacted telstra twice and they gave me different settings for my APN each time.  Neither works any better.

Hi Rosmusin,

Could you please remove all your current APN settings and configure your mobile and MMS settings through the Mobile Configurator Tool.

Please make that you save each setting, each before exiting the settings menu.

Please keep us updated if this has made any difference after you've saved and restarted your handset. Thank you.

With kind regards,

-Joe:smileyhappy:
Telstra Social Media Team - Community Moderator

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Rosmusin
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,  Where do I find the Mobile Configurator Tool.? Thanks  Ros

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Ben
0 Kudos

Hi Rosmusin,

The Mobile Configurator Joe refers to is located at configure.telstra.com.au

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?
Rosmusin
0 Kudos

Hi Smitty,  I have had major problems connecting to the internet both on my phone, and on my PC, using the phone as a tethering device.  The phone was great until I upgraded to ICS 2 weeks ago.  Now I want to go back to  2.3.6 and you mention a phone shop that can do the job. 'thanks to the little mobile phone repair shop near work'.  Any chance of an indiication of the shop concerned?  Just for interest my phone details are:

Model GT 19100T

Android Version – 4.0.3

Baseband version 19100TDVLP3

Kernel version 3.0.15 – 19100TDVLP4 – CL345054

dpi@Dell129#3

Build number IML74K.DVLP4

Upgraded from Gingerbread 2.3.6 a couple of weeks ago and pathetic internet connection now.  Sometimes go to site perfectly OK then on other sites it just hangs and eventually I get 'Timed out'

Cheers, Ross

Occasional Visitor
SuzyB
0 Kudos

I am also not happy with the upgrade and would love to go back to the old version, could you please give us a hint as to where your work is................ Your little mobile phone repair shop would love the work I am sure :smileyhappy:

Occasional Visitor
sjhwong

Hi there

I am not tech savvy but I found a comment online as I had the same issue with bluetooth and my Samsung Galaxy 2.  They said to force close the bluetooth app, take out the battery and then reboot the phone which I did and it then connected to my car bluetooth.

Cheers

djgt
0 Kudos

I also have found the upgrade (strange term to use) extremely frustrating. Wifi, sending from the gallery, I could go on and on all now don't work. Annoying!
djgt

Dear Telstra. My phone details are the same axs Smitty0412. It's hard to believe you are not aware of these problems or the amazing turnaround from complete satisfaction with the S2 to complete DISSATISFACTION and annoyance. Please work with Samsung asap for a fix. Thanks
Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

After a factory reset, my wife's S2 has made 3 trips to the repair centre (the first they swapped out the battery, the second time they said nothing wrong, the third time they ran all sorts of tests and concluded that it must've been an issue with third party apps)... I'm still now waiting for the issues we've had to re-present themselves, even with a pretty base line level of third party apps running..  

Haven't been very impressed - between this and the delay for ICS on the SGS2 4G, Samsung have been just as bad as Motorola was with the Xoom!

mttfo
0 Kudos

I completely agree with djgt above - I was completely happy with my GSII prior to the upgrade. Since then, my phone keeps:
- freezes (like all the time)
- shuts down (once or twice a day)
- turns off and doesn't turn back on.
In addition:
- a process called gapps doesn't work (I have had to switch off syncing to stop the failure messages)
- sporadically it seems to lose track of my sound settings
- tethering doesn't work properly (a connection is made, but then doesn't download anything)

In short, the "upgrade" has largely made my phone unuseable.

As with djgt, I would strongly urge Telstra to develop some sort of solution to these ICS issues. In the meantime, CAN YOU PLEASE ENABLE US TO REVERT BACK TO GINGERBREAD!!
DynamicLocks
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oh I am so glad I am not alone.....

I did this update a few days after getting the text sms from Telstra and before the upgrade I thought the Samsung S2 was an awesome bit of kit......

But now I would rather use my old Nokia.....

I went into Telstra shop and at that time the guy had no idea what the upgrade was about and could not help...

I googled and there was nothing but now! crikey...

I too wish I too could go back to 2.3.4 and even offered my business partner money to swap her S2 2.3.4 for my S2 "upgraded" obviously she no way LOL

So now I am a business owner who has gone backwards now using and old pre smart phone Nokia...

I just cant believe how an "upgrade" can turn a wonderful bit of technology into a very expensive paper weight sitting on my desk..

Darren

Rosmusin
0 Kudos

Hi Joe, I have used the mobile configurator tool as you suggest but still the same.  Slow intermitant internet connection.  Sometimes loads - other times get the message timed out or web page unavailable

About Phone

Model GT 19100T

Android Version – 4.0.3

Baseband version 19100TDVLP3

Kernel version 3.0.15 – 19100TDVLP4 – CL345054

dpi@Dell129#3

Build number IML74K.DVLP4

Upgraded to ICS from Gingerbread 2.3.6 a couple of weeks ago.(22nd July).  On Gingerbread 2.3.6 the phone worked perfectly.  Now very slow.   I have contacted Telstra several times.  They direct me to Samsung and Samsung direct me to Telstra.  All I want is to go back to  Gingerbread 2.3.6.  It cant be that hard!!!!

dano
0 Kudos

Yes I am having the same problems as mentioned here ever since upgrading as recommended by a text message from Telstra. I used to love the Samsung galaxy s2. now I hate the piece of crap. Telstra fix this up now you have wasted my time, my phone is my business and you force these unwanted so called upgrades on us full of glitches, bugs and money/data gobbling rubbish. I want an iPhone now, you can jam this up your galaxy as far as I am concerned!
Occasional Contributor
Ianford147
0 Kudos

Hey mate, I'd be very interested in hearing how things work out with the ACCC. I too have the ICS update, however, apart from the few minor difficulties, I have no real probs with it. I would like to know what the toothless tigers have to say about it, there is always the possibility that a large civil suit could render our contracts null and void. Now that would be quite awesome as they failed to tell me that a few weeks after signing for my SGS2, the SGS2 came out!
Occasional Contributor
Ianford147
0 Kudos

Sgs3 I meant.
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Ianford147 wrote:
Now that would be quite awesome as they failed to tell me that a few weeks after signing for my SGS2, the SGS3 came out!

Not something that Telstra are required to do. I purchased a Macbook Pro and the Retina Macbook came out a week or 2 later....... I didn't need to be told :smileyhappy:

B.

New Users - Click Here!

mttfo
0 Kudos

Not sure where the ACCC come into the picture.

This is a thread that is concerned with problems resulting from the ICS "upgrade" for the SGS II. Problems that have not received much in the way of constructive help here.
ladybg65
0 Kudos

My husband and I just bought the Galaxy SII phones last night (09/26/12).  I started having problems with my phone freezing and turning off within the first 2 hours.  In less than a a 24 hour period i have had to take my battery out to unlock/unfreeze my phone approximately 15 times.  My husband's phone is fine.  Now I know why!  He did not install the upgrade and I did.  What a disappointment after being really excited about finally getting an android phone.

I am seriously thinking about taking it back and getting the IPhone as i have a 14 day grace period.

ladybg65
0 Kudos

Unless the IPhone is run on the same software..... Does anyone know if it does??
Visitor
camthelegend
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I stumbled across this Telstra thread while looking for something else, so thought I would post my Vodafone thread for your reference if you have problems with your phone running hot and appearing to shutdown. In my case it was still running and consuming a lot of battery power, but it didn't respond to any attempts to wake it.  I had to remove the battery or long-press the power button to restart the phone.  It only happened while the phone was in standby/asleep and only while moving away from home.

In short, Samsung released an over-the-air update for this (It was still 4.03) back in July. I don't know if Telstra got the same updates, but maybe it will help someone especially if they have bought old stock from Jul/Aug.  I used Telstra, but my phone is Vodafone branded.

Good luck!

Cam

Edit - Link removed

leigh5050
0 Kudos

Battery life gone

Hello,

this phone is one given to me by work.  Ridiculously unuseable now. Battery life is just gone.

txtornado82
0 Kudos

I'm SOOOO glad I'm not the only one experiencing issues. My phone has even done all of this with it connected to the charger. But now when I go to turn it back on, even with 98% battery, it will tell me my battery is critically low and then turn off. Which causes me to having to take the battery out and then put it back in and then connect my charger. I really hope they get this fixed ASAP. I don't want to do a hard reset on it just for this problem to continue. Especially since I can't remember any of my passwords for my GMail account or Facebook. I think I did my last update before Thanksgiving and now its all of a sudden giving me issues.

antfj
0 Kudos

I see still no response from telstra with problems. I have similar frustrating problems, phone turns of randomly, eats battery power is extremely slow. I like the comment from Telstra social mojo be happy. But when you are using a phone for business and it randomly turns off sometimes without you knowing about it it becomes a loss of business for myself. Telstra it is dissapointing for your consumers that you have not be proactive.

How Telstra have changed there technical department used to be extremely good but not even an update on what is happening.

Unless things change and Telstra takes some resposnibility I will be going elsewhere.

Occasional Visitor
Rara42
0 Kudos

Hi there. I recently did the update in my galaxy S2, I have exactly the same issues as every body else, my batterie day in about 2 hours!!

I've been reading all the claims and reports from back as June or December 2012. Did you ever have a ny answer or result for your phone?

VickiHyland
0 Kudos

I'm tempted to ask if anyone has had their phone die. I had all these problems it even would open other items on the phone when I selected something else (For example I selected to view my photo gallery instead it took me into something else. and hen I se;ected to go into contacts it would take me to the gallery) then one night I put my phone on charge...the next morning when I tried to turn it back on again it wouldn't.

Occasional Visitor
AbbyAmer
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same problem. Whenever I turn on my bluetooth, my phone will blank and the line is dissappeared. Can you pls help me?  :catsad:

>