CROWDSUPPORT ®

Rustygurl
0 Kudos

Samsung Galaxy S3 Stopped working

Hi, I signed up to Telstra last week and got the Samsung Galaxy S3 on my plan.

On the weekend I left for holidays to NSW and was relying on this phone for my communications.

On Saturday, it did a software update. Since then, it will not charge. Battery is at 18% and dropping and I have another week before I am even back to somewhere I can find a Telstra shop. I am literally in the middle of no-where and can't get to an optus shop and have no way of charging the phone.

I need to know 2 things...

1: has anyone had this problem and how did they fix it and

2: when I take it to Telstra when I return to QLD, will they replace the phone, send it for repairs or make me pay for a new one as I didnt get insurance on it?
Rustygurl
0 Kudos

Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Stopped working

Haha whoops, can't get to a Telstra shop, not Optus!
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Hey Rustygurl,

Not sure if you have found the answer elsewhere, but provided the update was one approved by Telstra (ie: You didn't download it from somewhere) they will generally repair the phone, tho you might loose all data. Most stores they need to send it away, however you can ask them to deliver it back to your address instead of back to the Store in question (the option exists in the system AFAIK).

As for fixing it, have you tried a Factory Reset at all?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Rustygurl
0 Kudos

Hi Ben, thanks for your reply. The update I did was one that appeared in the notification bar 'software update is available' message. Got me to restart the phone for it to take effect and that's when It has stopped charging.

How do I do a factory reset please, I don't have any of the paperwork for the.phone on me!
Rustygurl
0 Kudos

I managed to find out how to do a hard reset (as I got no response on here, thanks....) But there is no difference. Phone still does not charge. Still another few days until I am home... Can no-one else offer a fix?
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Sorry rusty, I'm not a S3 expert so I'm not sure.

If a factory reset hasn't fixed it, perhaps taking it into a Telstra store or tech bar may be a good idea?

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!