Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
Rosco77
0 Kudos

Telstra Dave Phone

Hi All.

The time has arrived for me to upgrade to a new phone, through necessarily, not choice and I am interested in the Telstra Dave phone.

Reasons being.

1. I like Androic

2 I am a tradesman who needs a ruggedised phone, but I also need a smart phone, that can handle perspiration, being used at sometimes with dirty hands, and can handle a few bumps, but not purposly abused.

Important features I need.

1. Most important, a phone for making and receiving calls.

2. A camera, with good quality photo production.

3. Able to receive multimedia messages and also send.

4. Alarm clock.

5. Calendar for appointments with alert features

6. Able to use my micro SD card for music whilst travelling.

The Telstra Dave seems to meet my requirement and when you read the good stuff on the Telstra site, it looks Ok. Under one metre of water for 30 mins, dust proof, ruggedised etc.

HOWEVER, when I read the manual it stresses in a couple of locations.

DON'T allow to get wet. Don't use in rain. This appears to be a double standard to me and I would like to get some feedback from real users out there in the real world of tradesman type situations.

I don't intend purposely dunking it in water, BUT it will get wet from perspiration, dirty hands etc, which upset my existing HTC Desire phone.

I would appreciate feedback from users, both good and negative to help me make a choice.

Thanks.

Ross.

NixonT
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra Dave Phone

Have used my Telstra Dave in the rain and dirty hands and have not had any issues and quite happy.

Providing that you keep the port covers closed(memory, charger, SIM card inputs).

New Contributor
Rosco77
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Nixon.

I bought the Telstra Dave after I lodged the past post.

I have had nothing but trouble with it almost from the day I bought it.

Main issues being.

Drops me out during a call and then immediately rings one of my recently dialed numbers.

Drops me out during a call then displays my contacts.

Drops me out during a call then locks out, requiring pressing button on top to reset it.

Picks up a second caller (call waiting) during a call and hangs up/puts first caller on hold (I think) then I can't get second caller back and it often locks up.

And other things too numerous to recall..

I contacted the ZTE help desk who walked me through doing a factory reset TWICE with no desirable results.

Last week I went back to the shop I bought it from and they have sent it away, I don't know why they couldn't just give me a new one. I am now waiting for a report and hopefully a new one.

I spoke to a local plumber today who has one and he said he has had no problems other than making mistakes trying to learn it's functions. He has had his about two months. I had mine for JUST TWO WEEKS.

I AM NOT IMPRESSED.

If any telstra guru reads this and help me with information I would really appreciate it.

Regards.

Ross.

Lindy
0 Kudos

hi Rosco77

Welcome to Crowd Support :smileyhappy:

It's really disappointing to hear that your new Telstra Dave phone is not working as you expect it to, being a new device.

Our Mobile Phone faults are managed by our Local Telstra stores, and they make the determination if they can fix the phone in store, or if the issue is more complex, it needs to be sent away to our National Repair Centre for further investigation with a view to repair/replacement,

In most scenarios, the store is not able to authorise replacement of a phone, until it is assessed by the Repair Centre, as we need to be certain that the manufacturer will actually approve the replacement under warranty. 

I can imagine that this is really frustrating for you, and hoping your phone issues are resolved once it is returned. 

You can also keep track of what's happening with your Mobile Phone while it is out of your care 

http://www.mobile-repairs.info/

-   Lindy :smileyhappy: 

Lindy :smileyhappy:

24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

Need help? Why not check our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
New Contributor
Rosco77
0 Kudos

Hi Lindy..

I followed the link you gave me and entered my mobile number, (I didn't have my IEMI number), with the reply "No entry found". why would that be the case?

Regards.

Ross.

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

Hi Rosco77, if the tracking link on the site doesn't bring up any details then it may be best to speak with the store you returned it to - they can help follow up with our National Repairs Centre. 

Greg
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines