Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Jam
Jam
0 Kudos

Telstra Dave phone

Has anyone tried the new Telstra Dave mobile phone yet. Just wondering if it is as tough and rugged as they say it is before I upgrade from the old Telstra tough 2.

Contributor
the_ph0n3r
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra Dave phone

Yes, it is much better than the tough 2. It is great because its a true android smartphone with heaps of protection around it, you should find it easy and safe to use.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found a then don't forget to mark that post accordingly.
If you think I've been of assistance please remember to click on the
Neil_mc
0 Kudos

On My experience, I wouldn't recommend it. There are some significant issues that we experienced in a limited rollout of  10 of these devices

- Bluetooth randomly disables itself. This could be some unknown gesture or shortcut but so far it's a mystery. (3/10 users)

- Bluetooth audio disappears during calls. Hard reset of the phone is required to restore.  (6/10 users)

Reception quality seems to be a long way down on comparible devices (HTC one xl, apple iphone, Nokia 625 (2/10 users)

Voice dialling is almost non existant - the unit barely even registers that you are speaking to it, and when it does, it is not good at detecting voice input. (10/10 users). Integration between carkit and voice dialling seems impossible. Voicedialling is an app that must be started from the phone.

Occasional Visitor
mookster1367
0 Kudos

Have had four Dave's in 12 months for my tradie staff. 3 cracked screens. Calls drop out. Bluetooth/handsfree quality extremely poor. Just handed four Daves back to Telstra still on contract and am purchasing Samsung outright from Kogan.com