Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

pssmith
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

bigpond.net.au HTC one android settings

Hi, In the process of adding additional accounts to my android mail I have stuffed up the settings on my primary account.

I have a secondary @bigpond.com account and used the .live.com settings and ports for that but now all the .net.au mails are being received via the .com secondary account.

What are the correct settings for the .net.au account, I believe the server names and port numbers are different to the .com account.

Cheers,

Paul.

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

Re: bigpond.net.au HTC one android settings

Hi Paul, the mail settings are the same for our .net.au and .com BigPond accounts and can be found at http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings. If you have a .net.au account you just need to enter the full email address in the username field.

Greg
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
pssmith
0 Kudos

Thank You.

pssmith
0 Kudos

Hi Greg, I tried your settings and got the @bigpond.net.au to function on all 3 devices (Outlook2010, Android phone and iPad).

One issue remained, I have an @bigpond.com account as well and this one was duplicating all messages from the .net.au account but none of it's own. Over an hour on the phone with Telstra last night found a webmail fault which has now stopped the duplicates but I am still left with the issue that the mails to @bigpond.com are not coming through although I can see them in webmail and each device showed no faults with the settings I put in.

How should I proceed with this?

Cheers, Paul.

Technical Support
Brodie_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hey Paul,

Can you try resetting the password for this one? There could be something interferring with the pop server. Failing this, you might need to give us another call. If all the settings are correct the emails should come through.

Brodie

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support

Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here: