Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Executive Director, Telstra Digital
gerdschenkel
0 Kudos

how to mute a call on Samsung galaxy s2

The mute button isn't on the call screen
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Re: how to mute a call on Samsung galaxy s2

Hi!

Have you upgraded your mobile to the new ICS operating system from Telstra? Or are you still on the factory firmware? On factory firmware the mute button should be in the middle of the bottom row whilst in a call.

Just checking, you're referring of muting someone else mid call and not mute an incoming call? If thats what you mean then I'm pretty sure its default settings to just turn the phone upside down :smileywink:

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

Executive Director, Telstra Digital
gerdschenkel
0 Kudos

Hi & thanks,
I'm after muting my own mic whilst on a call. The mute button is visible when the call starts, but when I do something else (like check email) I cant get back to that initial screen with the mute button.
Thanks, Gerd
Gerd Schenkel
Telstra Digital
Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

Ok, tried to post a reply and it didn't submit apparently?

I think I know what you're doing, so you press the home key to get out of the call and check your emails etc and want to get back into the main call screen? To do this drag the task bar from the top of the screen and then push on the green phone icon which will bring you back into it. Hope this helps.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.