Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Contributor
jenbes
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

htc one xl SIM card error

I've just stated getting intermittent and increasing SIM card errors on this phone. Have cleaned the SIM and that made no difference. It has a sim tray and that's about where I rest my finger. I'm wondering if this is the problem. It's in an Otterbox defender case. Restart of the phone fixes it. Any help appreciated.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Re: htc one xl SIM card error

You can try getting a SIM card replacement for free from any Telstra Store, if that doesn't fix it then you know its not a SIM card fault :smileyhappy:

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Occasional Contributor
jenbes

Thanks, all good today but if it starts again I'll take your advice.
Occasional Contributor
jenbes
0 Kudos

Replaced the SIM card, no drama, no more errors and slightly better service. Thanks heaps
Julid
0 Kudos

Have bought two HTC XL phones on contract from Telstra a few months ago for my small family business. Both have the Sim card error. The first one became faulty after a week. Telstra have tried to rectify the fault on several occasions. The most recent repair took 37 calendar days without any valid progress communication. We have refused to submit the second phone until the first phone is replaced by a new current alternate model and credits are applied for loss of use of 4G, new phone experience & no phone connection.

It appears others have had the same problem in this Telstra community.

The funny thing is nobody in authority will talk to us to resolve the issue. After two months a shop attendant verbally advised Telstra would provide a credit for about 50-60% of the value of a new current phone - phones we have not been able to use. This is an insult.

Telstra's handling of this issue is appauling.

Hopefully the Ombudsman will sort this out.

Occasional Visitor
Kathd
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue with my phone. It is getting worse. It has happened intermittently since I got the phone but it is at least four or five times a day. The nature of my work means I need to be able to be contactable on both my personal and work mobile as a safety issue. This is really frustrating. It seems as if it is a HTC one XL issue as when I googled it the issue comes up on multiple international forums. What are Telstra's current stance on this? Obviously it isn't a SIM issue rather the phone itself.
Occasional Contributor
jenbes
0 Kudos

I took the phone to Telstra, they replaced the SIM, I brought all my contacts and apps in from Google and have had no problem at all since. I suggest you try that and if it doesn't work take it to Telstra, for a repair.
MMA
Occasional Visitor
MMA
0 Kudos

Jenbes

Has the problem started again ? I got the one Xl November, SIM card errors started around feb, got worse. I tried the new SIM card and had the SIM card reader replaced by telstra. It's started for me again was wondering if you're still all clear ??
Occasional Contributor
jenbes
0 Kudos

No, it hasn't. The phone occasionally shuts down and reboots especially if it's squashed in my jeans pocket. This has happened maybe four times. Otherwise it's fine. Best of luck.
Fave
0 Kudos

I hope you has some luck with that. Telstra are masters at failing to resolve anything quickly or conclusively. It seems a little unreasonable to view unresolved issues as sales opportunities. I think it's sad to experience this culture when Telstra could have become an Australian icon that we are proud of.

jessikah21
0 Kudos

I had the same problem on my HTC One xl. I rubbed an eraser over the chip in the sim card and it stopped it happening so often.

Good luck.