Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Visitor
Lincoln
0 Kudos

samsung galaxy note mms not working

can someone help me, Samsung Galaxy Note MMS settings

I cannot send or receive photos etc on MMS, they simply will not send, I have followed links through the telstra site to download the setting to my note, but they have not had any effect,

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Re: samsung galaxy note mms not working

Hello Lincoln,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport :smileyhappy: Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics here in our Community.

Thanks for your post regarding MMS service not working on your Samsung Galaxy note after downloading the configuration settings on the website.

Could you please try sending a free MMS to 176667 and you will get a free MMS reply to test that this service is working.

If it still does not work after what you've tried above, please contact our Mobile Faults Team on 13 22 00 (available 24/7), say 'Mobile Faults' when prompted by the IVR so our mobile tech team can go through the configurations and fixes for you. Thank you.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
claudelege
0 Kudos

i've been having the same problem all day my mms picture messages dont seem to be receiving by anyone.I've been on the phone to talktalk all day various different people and they can't seem to do anything about it.I would suggest to contact your network provider they should be able to assist you with sms mms internet connection etc. by i've had no luck unfortunatly or just pop to your nearest phone store and ask them to do it for you im sure they've got a better understanding then we do :smileyhappy: well should do anyway lol so good luck hope you get it working !

mpar
0 Kudos

I also am having the same poblem opening MMS on galaxy note. After trying to open get message telling me that the download has failed

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi claudelege and mpar,

Have you tried my suggestion above to send a free MMS to 176667 to get an MMS back from Telstra to confirm if it's working for you?

Make sure that you have the correct MMS APN which you can get from the Mobile Configuration page. 

Please let us know how you are going with this so I can follow this up, thank you.

With kind regards,

vk7xx
0 Kudos

"Joe", for what its worth, I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 (N7100) and, this new model does not appear in the current list of devices on the Mobile Configuration page.    

My MMS, like others here, was not working so I took the chance and used the Galaxy Note N7000 settings.  

After the settings installer ran, It worked.   I sent an MMS to that 176667 number and received the confirmation video back..  I am very pleased.

Tech Bar Team
Tbeers

"vk7XX" this phone is currently not supported on the Telstra configuration website you may need to enter the APN details into the device settings manually
Telstra – MMS
Name: Telstra MMS
APN: telstra.mms
Proxy:
Port:
Username:
Password:
Server:
MMSC: http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
MMS Proxy: 10.1.1.180
MMS Port: 80
MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0
MCC: 505
MNC: 01
Authentication Type: CHAP
APN Type: mms
vk7xx
0 Kudos

"Tbeers wrote '"vk7XX" this phone is currently not supported on the Telstra configuration website you may need to enter the APN details into the device settings manually" 

And you probably wonder why people scream !!    Did you actually read my post ??  If yes, then you didn't comprehend the information therein.

Occasional Visitor
Wiggy
0 Kudos

Did you get any resolution of the problem.

there seems to be a good deal of confusion and lack of understanding of the issue.

There is no point in someone advising people whose mms does not work to send a mms to the free number.

the GT-N7105 is not supported on Telstra's configuration site, and has no option to set a mms wap 2.0 protocol in its networking options.

I guess I will join the loooooong queue at the Telstra shop and let them try to sort out a relatively simple, and common requirement of a modern mobile phone

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hello Wiggy,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport :smileyhappy: Please stick around and offer any expertise you may have in the range of topics we have here in our Community.

Have you tried what vkx77 did to make it work on your handset?

"My MMS, like others here, was not working so I took the chance and used the Galaxy Note N7000 settings" - vkx77

Let me know how this goes for you or visit Tech Bar at your local Telstra store. Thanks Wiggy.

With kind regards,

Beautiful_Rose
0 Kudos

My picture wont even send to 176667..... that's how bad it wont send. Nor I can't download a picture. If I press download n its saying downloading n someone texts me...it will pop up the download button again n will not download....is there a number I can call to sort this out?
Occasional Visitor
vegemum
0 Kudos

Ok, so I read through the thread and I have tried turning wifi off, tried having it on. Made sure mobile data is enabled. Tried setting up the mobile using the Note option in the link given. And have sent a msg to the telstra number which says my mms is working - BUT - I STILL CANNOT download mms from people who have sent messages TO ME! This means I never get any pics anyone sends... What can I do???

eunmac
0 Kudos

Hi, been going on this for over an hour... no joy yet.

1. Followed all the instructions. MMS free test number 176667. Didn't work.

2. Used MMS Setup Page( http://configure.telstra.com.au/telstra/index.jsp), used Note 7000 settings because there is no NoteII on the list. Phone dinged but still MSM didn't work.

3. APN settings: Went to

Settings>More settings>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names> 

Added a new APN with all the settings from @tbeers. Rebooted. Fail.

(Please note ....There is no input on the Note 2 APN settings to enter "MMS Protocol: WAP 2.0") although there is a setting for APN protocol but it is greyed out and set on IPv4) - is this the issue????

So nothing working still.

Geez does it have to be this hard? Thx for help guys. Let's keep going we can fix this!

Occasional Visitor
Dvolve

I sugned up because I had been suffering with this same problem and tried every link and help page I could find.  This page helped me fix it. 

https://support.mobicity.com/entries/22384383-Telstra-Internet-and-MMS-settings-for-the-Samsung-Gala...

*Note that is is all under the one Access Point Name (Name: Telstra Internet ) for the Note 2.  I was making the mistake of making a new APN (Name: Telstra MMS) as seems to be the case for the 4G.  

I think this is where most of the confusion is coming from.

Hope this helps!