Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

shanem
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can't access www.stocknessmonster.com

[ Edited ]

This has been bugging me for a while, everytime I try and access www.stocknessmonster.com via telstra/iphone I get:

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET http://www.stocknessmonster.com/.

Reason: DNS lookup failure for: www.stocknessmonster.com

Apache Server at www.stocknessmonster.com Port 3128 

is this a problem with the Telstra DNS servers?

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Re: Can't access www.stocknessmonster.com

I can replicate this on my iPhone as well.

I've flagged this post for moderator attention, as it seems like something may need to be looked at :smileyhappy:

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

gekkonaut
0 Kudos

I have this issue with HEAPS of websites that I access through nextg.

I always get proxy errors from Telstra's apache proxy farm - they even make it look like the website is at fault by signing it with "Apache Server at _________" port 3128. 

I also run some websites and get complaints from customers who are citing these proxy errors .. and they have nothing to do wtih me!

Why does Tesltra have these proxy servers? What exactly are they doing with them? And why do they stuff up so much?

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Not sure why the proxies exist, however I've not found proxy issues on a majority of websites.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Community Manager
DanK
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have had a chat with our mobile team and there does appear to be an issue accessing the www.stocknessmonster.com website. I suggest that anyone who is affected by this call 13 22 00 and say Mobile Faults and ask to log this as a fault so that it can be investigated. The more examples that are provided to our team the easier it will be for the exact cause to be identified and resolved.

In the meantime I have been advised that m.stocknessmonster.com is unaffected.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
shanem
0 Kudos

Yeah thanks for that advice. After 15minutes on the call, the operator kept telling me that m.stocknessmonster.com was working so I should just use that and go away. I got escalated but I had to hang up to go to a meeting.
shanem
0 Kudos

Well, its working now, so somethign must have got fixed, thanks