Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

philippe2026
0 Kudos

Telstra Outgoing Mail Server

Hey Guys,

I am trying to work out what Telstra's outgoing mail sever is for my apple iphone 4s so i can send emails from my email.

thanks

philippe2026

Re: Telstra Outgoing Mail Server

problem solved.

turn off your ssl
RickH
0 Kudos

Hi Team

Can you please advise on the correct e-mail settings for my ipad

I can receive and send mail via my PC, but can only receive e-mail on my ipad

Keep getting a message that my bigpond email address has been rejected by the server.

I have set up the mail account as per the windows live settings, but no success

Any suggestions?

Rick

Community Leader
jokiin
0 Kudos

are you using a Telstra based service on the iPad when trying to send, if on another network you normally use the SMTP server of the provider to send any mail, for a mobile device where you might use at multiple locations using a 3rd party service to manage your email, Hotmail, Gmail etc can avoid these issues, the new Telstra mail setup that uses the Live service might get around this issue though as that is the same as Hotmail for the most part, has your email account been migrated onto the Live service yet?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
RickH
0 Kudos

Thanks Jokiin

I am using the ipad within our home wireless network, which is connected to the bigpond cable service.

The e-mail account is only 1 month old, and appears to be have been migrated on to the Live service.

The Telstra Netgear router is set up in 'Bridge' mode, & connected with a LinkSys wireless router.

I have connected directly to the Telstra Netgear router, via wireless, and tried to send e-mails, but no success.

I had set up the mail account on the ipad, as per the settings for the Live service

Community Leader
jokiin
0 Kudos

I don't have a Telstra email account so not sure of anything unusual in the setup, assuming you have your settings correct though it should be straightforward considering you have a Telstra based service at home anyway
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Hi Rick, if your on the live platform, you need to set the account up as a hotmail account, have you done this?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

RickH
0 Kudos

Ben

Apologies for the delayed response

Setting it up as a hotmail account, was the solution!

Thank you all, for your help