Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

DeeV
0 Kudos

Why can't I receive or send photos by MMS on my iPhone 3GS?

It is a work phone. It prompts me to go to a Telstra website to look at the message/photo. I suspect its under restrictions on the phone which I can't access. MMS is turned ON.

Dee

Tech Bar Team
Tbeers
0 Kudos

Re: Why can't I receive or send photos by MMS on my iPhone 3GS?

[ Edited ]

more than likely the codes have been incorrectly applied on your telstra account, I would suggest calling 132200 and speaking with mobile faults or going to your nearest telstra tech bar for support

EDIT: also try sending an mms to yourself with i-message turned off

Valued Contributor
Boggles
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Do you have your data turned on in your phone settings as MMS needs access to the data network? :smileyhappy:

Otherwise you can get your APN settings here. Ausdroid APN'S

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Telstra Thought Leader
ChrisF
0 Kudos

Hi Dee,

If the network isn't sure that your phone supports MMS, then it sends you an SMS with the link to the website rather than sending the MMS to you directly. This can happen for a number of reasons, esp for numbers that have been in service for a while.

The easiest way to let the network know that your phone supports MMS is to send one. There is a special number you can use that will reply with a picture message to check it's all working ok.

So send an MMS to 176MMS (176 667) and you should get an MMS back to your phone.

--
Chris F
Telstra Team Member - Digital & Online
Visitor
CMO1754
0 Kudos

I have this exact same problem.  I have called tech support, and they said they fixed the settings from their end, and told me to turn my phone off and wait a while.  I did this - yet I still can't receive MMS's or send them now. My cellular data is on, and  I have sent an MMS to 176667 to try to fix the problem, and I still get the same msg saying 'You have a new MMS Picture or Video Message.  To view your message, go to bigpond.com/myinbox and log in to MyInbox with your username and password.' 

You see, I wouldn't mind accessing this website to view a picture persay, yet it doesn't work!  The link takes you to a email and messaging website where I can't even access a 'MyInbox'?  I don't have a 'MyInbox' as according to the website as I signed up after 10 February 2012, I only have a Telstra 'Hotmail Live' account which I can access, yet MMS's don't go there?? 

I've also tried logging in to the 'My Messages' wesbite (https://mymessages-1.mymessages.telstra.com/mmbox/otp.html), yet it doesn't recognise my user ID and password which I log into my Telstra account with??

Very confused!  Please help!

kiislandgirl
0 Kudos

I've had exactly the same problem and run around from Telstra with my phone. One consultant said she had fixed the phone and it would be working whithin 24 hours, but what she had done was activate the mobile message bank, which I didn't ask for. Help???

kiislandgirl
0 Kudos

Hi, CMO1754

As I posted 3 weeks ago I was having the exact  same problem with my phone and the same run around with the Telstra overseas mobile phone call centre.

I took my phone into a Telstra Shop and the tech in there said sometimes the phones haven't been programmed with the  correct 'codes'  to receive MMS and he fixed the problem in 10 minutes.

I had to travel interstate (Melbourne & Sydney) and found I wasn't receiving text messages, I could send them, but couldn't receive them. Again, numerous phone calls to the overseas call centre, again being told to switch the phone on and off, take the sim card out, blah, blah, blah, nothing worked. After being left on hold, my patience was running very thin, I asked to speak to a supervisor and was disconnected. I rang back and again asked to speak to a supervisor and was left on hold.

Again I took my phone into a Telstra shop and they replaced the sim card...problem solved. Time...10minutes.

Don't bother with the call centre, take your phone into a Telstra shop.

Cheers,

PK

Eddyotway
0 Kudos

Go into settings under "phone" if it says my number unknown enter your number and it should work
>