Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Contributor
Lolita_Linda
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

You won't receive a confirmation email over the weekend.

Hey everyone,

Just spoke to Telstra. If you put through an order for the iPhone on Friday the 21st. You won't receive the second confirmation email in regards to your credit check and dispatch until Monday at the earliest. She advised me that that department doesn't work on the weekends. 

So be patient and hold out for it :smileyhappy:

Linda

Contributor
Lolita_Linda
0 Kudos

Can someone shed some light

I am noticing that alot of people on here are worried that they will miss out on the stock due to the time the credit checks are taking to go through. Can anyone shed some light. 

If we put through orders on Friday at 8am BEFORE the site said out of stock are we guaranteed stock from that batch if our credit check is successful? 

Thank in advance for any help.

Annelisa

Re: You won't receive a confirmation email over the weekend.

Thanks Linda.

I also spoke with the 1300 centre without much success but the LiveChat was able to help me. They confirmed that my order has been processed but still no confirmation email, so I guess it should come through tomorrow...

Also it does seem that, unless your credit check is not approved, you are guaranteed a handset if you ordered online when they were still available. They also confirmed the 3 day delivery time for metro areas and 5 days for regional... so in theory I should be a happy camper by Wed!

I have to say Telstra appear to have been smashed this weekend... especially the 'overseas' branch at the end of the 1300 number...

Be patient... hopefully they will be able to sort it all out soon.

Contributor
Lolita_Linda
0 Kudos

It's great to see someone else with patience on here :smileyhappy: Thank you for your reply!

Occasional Contributor
Tejas
0 Kudos

It would save confusion if ALL live chat staff knew this. All I got yesterday was 24 hours. When I pointed out this had passed I was told to wait 24 hours. I once again advised it had been more than that and was just told to wait.
Contributor
Lolita_Linda

@Tejas

It is a little frustrating to get conflicting information. But I did get the same response as you just maybe explained in a more thourough way. We should all hopefully get our second confirmation email tomorrow sometime or tuesday morning. Also if they need any further information for it to be processed they will call you from a private number. If you do not answer they won't leave a voicemail and your order will remain pending until they get a hold of you. 

So tomorrow lets all be standing by our phones and emails and go from there :smileyhappy:

Contributor
LIV2
0 Kudos

Thanks Linda!

Nobody on the phone could tell me that, I called them several times and all i got was either "you'll get an email soon" or "I can't find your order"

Now I know it's all good

Contributor
Lolita_Linda
0 Kudos

@LIV2

No worries :smileyhappy:
Wylt
0 Kudos

Unfortuantely for me they rang today to confirm details on my online order and they couldn't understand me for some reason so when i called various numbers to give them the details they needed they said they were unable to resolve my order due to my not supplying my work address (they never even asked for it) i was happy to give it to them then to continue the processing but they simply said they were cancelling it and to start a new online order... Too much hassle i guess and wanted to free up the stock for someone else.

>