Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

how long does it take to process the online orders made today??

Community Manager
Yannick
0 Kudos

Re: how long does it take to process the online orders made today??

[ Edited ]

For orders placed today (21st September) you should have it within five to nine business days in metro areas and regional areas.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as a Accepted Solution this will help other members find solutions faster.

Purchase Telstra iPhone 6 and 6 Plus direct links:  http://tel.st/iphone6
You can also find us on:
Twitter @TelstraFacebook 24x7Google +

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

Ok cool but when should i expect an email confirming my order was successfully processed?

I received an email confirming my order has been placed, in that email it says "once my order has been successfully processed"

are you able to shed some light on how long it takes to process?
Mikel
0 Kudos

Jensta83. My experience was I preordered about 6:15pm last Friday and had my order summarily rejected yesterday afternoon with no other comms since the order acceptance.   Order confirmation at that time said the order would be processed immediately. Arguable immediately = 5 days, so who knows how long it will take this time around given the processing time declaration is more vague.

Like a desperate puppy I again jumped online at 8am today for the second batch of pre-orders, hoping this time around my order is "just-so" and acceptable to the gatekeepers at mobile sales.

I can't believe I'm getting so worked up about this iphone 5 - it wasn't even this hard to get the very first "as big as a brick" phones 20 years ago:-)

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

it rejected after 5 days?! wow thats a long time of being in limbo.

I understand they would have orders pouring through and only have limited operators processing these but surely they should be able to give some more solid timelines.

i guess i will just have to wait it out and see!
Regular Visitor
cdstratfold
0 Kudos

Online order

I ordered an iPhone 5 on Friday morning.  Is there any way to track this order please?

Contributor
LIV2

Re: Online order

Latest info from someone who ordered on friday at 8:30am seems to be that we'll all receive confirmation of the order within the next 3-5 working days... and if you call them they'll tell you the same. I've already tried.

I'm starting to wonder why i bothered ordering online
Contributor
remi1au
0 Kudos

Has anyone who order on-line on the 21st received their second email yet ?

As of today (the 24th), I have only recieved the initial email with the 'SBS' reference number ... just curious.

Contributor
Lolita_Linda
0 Kudos

Re: Has anyone who order on-line on the 21st received their second email yet ?

Not as of yet. From reading through here people who have called were told it could be another 3-5 days before we hear anything.

Occasional Contributor
Raspberry
0 Kudos

No, not yet.  I'm checking my emails constantly even though I know it could be days away.  

Valued Contributor
Boggles
0 Kudos

From what is floating around the forums and tech pages, Telstras next delivery of iPhone wont be before 28/9. Only rumours I have heard, nothing official.

:smileyhappy:

Windows Phone Enthusiast, Nokia Lumia 920, 1020 & 520, Microsoft Surface. Windows 8.1. Employed in Telecommunications industry.

I DO NOT work for Telstra, all views and opinions are my own and I do not represent any company whilst in this forum. Follow any advice I give at your own risk as I hold no liability if my advice is wrong.
Occasional Contributor
lukew90
0 Kudos

I spoke to telstra today and if you ordered on Friday the 21st your phone will be sent ASAP. And u will receive the second email with delivery timeframe. The rumour about them not sending more till the 28th is not true

Mikel

I  just received my confirmation email and the device is with Star Track. Things seem to be going smoother for this second round of pre orders. 

Established Member
richjol
0 Kudos

Thats good news for you Mikel.  I'm still waiting for my email, ordered on the 21st.  Anyone else recieved the email that their order has been confirmed?

Occasional Contributor
Tejas

i ordered 21st, only got the first email.spoke to the phone droids today and was told i passed credit check and that i need to wait for dispatch for the 2nd email. surely it's not that hard to send a 2nd email saysing somehting along the lines of " congratulations, your recent application for an iPhone 5 has been approved. we are working hard to get this out to you and you will recive an email in X days with all your traking info once your phone has been dispatched. " this has got to cut down on calls and live chats - just keep me in the loop with infotmaton
Occasional Contributor
Tejas
0 Kudos

i have not recived it but spoke to telstra today and was advised i passed credit check... if i didn't have a big presentaion on thursday for a client i would have gone and got one from the shop myself...

Occasional Contributor
Raspberry

I totally agree tejas. I'd be happy with that. I just want to know I've been approved. I rang over the weekend after being told by live help that they couldn't help me. The person on the phone could see I'd put in an order but that was about all they could tell me. I don't want to keep ringing when I know they are so busy.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

Tejas wrote:
i ordered 21st, only got the first email.spoke to the phone droids today and was told i passed credit check and that i need to wait for dispatch for the 2nd email. surely it's not that hard to send a 2nd email saysing somehting along the lines of " congratulations, your recent application for an iPhone 5 has been approved. we are working hard to get this out to you and you will recive an email in X days with all your traking info once your phone has been dispatched. " this has got to cut down on calls and live chats - just keep me in the loop with infotmaton

I agree (somewhat) and its part of the excitement of getting a phone, to know where the order is at each step of the way.

Another option (potentially) is to enable the systems so you can track it like a normal Telstra order currently. Enter Order number, DOB and Email address and it gives you all your order details and an idea as to the status....

That would be a far way off, but it might be something that could be considered

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

New Contributor
kane92
0 Kudos

I ordered on friday too, so i contacted them just then on their online live chat and they contacted the sales department on my behalf and confirmed that my order had been confirmed, alternitavely i would have found out that it got approved in the same email showing the delivery status of the order. Anyone else wondering if it has been confirmed or not i suggest doing the same on the live chat, that way a person from telstra will ask on your behalf..
otherwise a direct contact number for the online sales department is

Thanks

Kane

Occasional Contributor
Tejas
0 Kudos

it's not the fact i want to know where my order is - it's that i want to know i HAVE an order and everything is OK. i will begetting an iPhone. the question was if i am getting through Telstra or apple directly, and the longer iot took telstra to get back to me the longer down the line i would be for on from apple if they said no
New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

like everyone else on this thread...i ordered on the 21st,

still i have not recieved any confirmation.....thanks telstra.......rather disgruntled withthe low and very dismalled service

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

Yep i still havent received anything either, i was told i should recieve a confirmation on monday..... still nothing..... might talk to live chat soon.
New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

lol they cant tell you much i am currently talking to them now

Contributor
Lolita_Linda
0 Kudos

Although it completely sucks. I am glad to see that so many of us who ordered on Friday still havent received the second email. This means that there isn't a problem but more just a back up of orders to put through. It has only been a maximum of 3 business days and really its only been 2 cause I wouldnt include Friday, it says 5-9 business days so they havent broken any commitments as yet :smileywink: 

They told me yesterday if I havent heard anything by close of business Wednesday to call up Thursday :smileyhappy: 

I bet we will all receive them and be super happy, just going to take a little longer. 

New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

hun they actually have gone against their contractual agreement, on the last page of the store process once it says your order has been recieved, it says if you have not recieved you email in 24 hours...therefore under the fair trade agreement ...they techniqually have

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

i just spoke with live chat, they have confirmed my order has been approved and is pending dispatch.

I completely agree with everyone else though, they should have an automated email or some kind of online tracking system to see the progress of the order in stages.
New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

let me know when you recieve your email hun,

cause it wont be coming for atleast another couple of days i can assure you, they have over committed and now are under the pump...

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

Reggie in my email for the order confirmation there is no timeframe as to when i should receive an email confirmation, i just checked through it. Doesnt say 24 hours at all.

New Contributor
Morechilli
0 Kudos

Yeah I'm pretty annoyed. Spoke to the 1300 number. They have no eta on the next batch. 

If I order something that is 'in stock' I expect it to be as such!

Not a great start to my Telstra experience! 

Occasional Contributor
Raspberry
0 Kudos

I just chatted with someone from live chat and was told the same about no stock.  I got the order confirmation email 7 minutes after they first started so it seems a bit strange.   At least they could confirm I'd been approved.  Hopefully the next batch coming wont' have all the scuff mark issues.  I'm happy to know one is coming (eventually) though. 

New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

about the 24 hours for confirmation isn't on an email it is on the last screen/page of the online ordering process

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

LOL Reggie, i honestly didnt pay attention i was in such a rush to get the order through cos i was at work

I still think there should be some kind of tracking system for progress on orders, especially with such high demand for a product it would ease the hold times people are trying to contact telstra.
Occasional Contributor
Tejas

i'm waiitng to live chat to confirm if they bhave stock of my phone. if they don't i'm going to raise holy hell
Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

which one did u order Tejas?
Occasional Contributor
probably
0 Kudos

So I placed my online order on Frdiay 21/09 just after 8am and got the initial email back with my order reference number but have heard nothing since. Checked with social media team this morning who advised I should call the 1300 number to check up on it. They could see that I was porting from Optus - but that's about it. All they could tell me is that my order hasn't been verified yet. I asked them whether they needed anything from me to help verify it but they couldn't say or give me any kind of update, in fact she said all I could do was wait to hear something back via email telling me whether my order would be approved or cancelled. I asked how long that would take to find out and was told 5 to 9 days!

I'm starting to regret switching over to Telstra from Optus already.. and I'm not even a Telstra customer yet :smileysad:  I don't mind having to wait 5-9 days for delivery, but I'm not happy to wait that long just be told whether me order will even be processed.. If they want to cancel my order I'd be fine with that, Optus have said they could deliver a phone by the end of the week if I stayed with them, starting to think that might be my best option.

New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

i just spoke to someone on the 1300 number and was told, they have no stock, the reason we haven't recieved our confirmation email is because they are delaying all communications until stock has arrived in their dc...in other words they didnt have enough stock when the went live, instead it all went to instores....i was told to go to a telstra shop if i didn't want to wait.....

Occasional Contributor
Tejas
0 Kudos

interesting.. just spoke to them on the phone and the guy i spoke to said he would process it now and i'll get a confirmation email in1 hour.. i'll see but i got his atff ID number (ALWAYS get a staff id no... normally begins with letters C or D (you may get a B froma  long time employee and has six numbers after it - eg D123456)

New Contributor
Morechilli

Problem with going I store after having ordered online, is that technically you'll be entering two contracts and will have to stuff around cancelling the online one. 

Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

I know that they were outta stock for Black 32GB on friday halfway throughout the day, but they still had stock for 16GB & 64GB... i ordered black 64GB...here's hoping.
New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

yeah plus all the stores in my area are sold out
New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

i was told yesterday id have one by 5pm....than was told id have one by 11am this morning....they are full of it
New Contributor
Morechilli
0 Kudos

I ordered a white 16gb at like 8:03  still no love. Just spoke to live chat. Same as everyone just being told to wait. 

I did get my order tracking info though. Just not courier tracking or order number. So my account I guess is being processed just don't have the physical phone. 

Occasional Contributor
Raspberry
0 Kudos

Mine is a 16GB White one and I was told that was out of stock.  Ordered as soon as it would let me on 21st. 

Contributor
jensta83

yeah i think its true about all the stock going to the stores. Yet they are all sold out as well.

Its all one big waiting game
New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

Telstra is proving to be very unhelpful. at least the wait times to have a call answered isn't an hour now
Contributor
jensta83

Telstra Shop Online Order process[ New ] .Options
Mark as NewBookmarkSubscribeSubscribe to RSS FeedHighlightPrintEmail to a FriendReport Inappropriate Content....an hour ago - last edited an hour ago

Hoping to provide a little more clarity around the order process and the email notifications that you will receive:

•Order is placed online through the Telstra Shop - confirmation of order email issued
•Order is then physically processed (normally 1-2 days - currently 1-4 days)
•Email notification is then generated to confirm order completed and dispatched (delivery 5-9 days)
or

•Email notification is sent to advise order was unsucessful (currently issuing 1-4 days)
Hoping that provides a little more background on the process and timeframes...

CrowdSurfer

New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

LOL nice to see more excuses
Occasional Contributor
Tejas
0 Kudos

I AM SO PISSED OFF!!!!!

just got the "we can't verify who you are so go to a telstra store" email. i placed this ordr on friday.

i have almost no hope of getting an iphone now.. and i'm 200 KM from my nearest telstra shop at the moment,

when i do get one it will not be on telstra, especilly when i asked multiple times on live chat "have i passecd credit check" and eas told many times yes i had

New Contributor
reggie24
0 Kudos

see yet another monumental f up by telstra the wait on optus is 5 days for delivery
Contributor
jensta83
0 Kudos

Yeah i would definitely be putting in a complaint for that Tejas, thats really not fair.

are you going to just cancel it and go with a different provider?