Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

lisalisa
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

sim locked

i just upgraded my new iphone4S to 5.1.1 and now it says sim locked. have tried the puk code given in the store but it says invalid. what to do?

Lindy

Re: sim locked

hi Lisa :smileyhappy:

That's certainly a bit of a pain. I'm not sure why that would have happened, but am happy to try to help you to unlock the SIM on your phone.

-     Do you still have the card that your SIM card was attached to when you purchased the phone? If not, refer to next step, If you do happen to have it, the SIM unlock code will be on that card.

-     If you do not know the SIM unlock code, but know the PUK code, you can try the last four digits of that.

-     If this doesn't work for you, enter some random numbers until you are prompted to enter the PUK code. 

-     If you do not know the PUK code, its now time to contact us to find out what the PUK code is, so you can then re-access your phone again.

To contact us, you can click on the following link, for our Live Chat team http://bit.ly/TChat24x7 or you can call us on 132200 and say Mobile after the prompt.

Lindy, Social Media Team,

Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Lindy :smileyhappy:

24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

Need help? Why not check our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
lisalisa

Re: sim locked

hi lindy,

i finally got it worked out. when i got the phone it came with a sim code; if the phone is turned off it needs to be re-entered, or the last four digits do. it turns out the whole puk code was needed. the odd thing is, when i entered the code (and i double checked by having it generated on your site), the phone told me it was incorrect. entered it again, then it said it was correct, then a message came up saying incorrect, tries exceeded. turned off phone, turned back on and five minutes later sim started working again. told me to change sim code which i did. i think i will now go to the telstra store with the code i put in to see if they can turn it off safely. i think maybe the upgraded operating system causes the sim code to lock the device and throws in some curve balls.