Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Surfingmum1972
0 Kudos

Get back old email system and lost emails

I am very frustrated.... My account was moved over to the new windows outlook system but it wasn't explained I would lose all of my previous emails and sent emails. As a result I have lost business emails and important info. The are still saying they are on my computer as I have not updated the mail system but I can't access them as it tells me the password is incorrect even though it's not... I really really need them. The new system can only be accessed through Telstra webmail and I can't get them on my iphone.
Community Leader
Caaf
0 Kudos

Re: Get back old email system and lost emails

Hi Mum,

Prior to the move to outlook.com how would you normally view your emails? On a computer via what program?

The move means you now need to update the way you access your emails as the old settings are now defunct.

The link below will instruct how to change those settings.
https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/email-settings

If you accessed your emails via a PC your inbox and sent emails will be there as they've always been unless you have deleted them.

Being a business you'd run with backups (I know I do, daily infact of some stuff) can you not restore? If no backup, maybe it's time to implement something, if these things are important it'll be you proactively keeping things safe and not some outside source.

Cheers,
Dave

Note. Although it appears, this is not a main stream support forum!! It's a conglomerate of both fellow consumers/customers and Telstra employees helping you out!
Surfingmum1972
0 Kudos

on my computer from the previous old system I can see the old emails, but I can only actually open some not the full amount... The inbox says 200 messages but I can only access 12... As it says wrong password which it's not!
The new emails can only be opened via Telstra webmail not through windows as it says I don't exist. So I feel I'm not on old system or new system???? I can't access email via any mail on iPhone, iPad or computer as none oft he Telstra settings work as it says wrong password, address incorrect, won't verify etc
As for business, yes there were some backups of very important info but sent messages that were recent and other info wasn't transferred before the move.
I was told I had to move over to new system to get cable which is so untrue, and was not told I would lose everything and I am looking to take this further.
Community Leader
Caaf
0 Kudos

Let's try again, I don't need to know who told what ect I'm only here to try and help you get connected without contacting telstra directly, free customer support supplied by customers :smileywink:

When you log in to your webmail is there reference that you're on outlook.com, microsoft or live.com or does it seem that your still using bigpond/telstra site?

What program do you use to access emails on the computer!!

If you're sure that you've been upgraded to outlook.com....

On you iphone/iPad.

Open settings. Open "Mail, Contacts, Calenders" select "Add Account" select "Outlook.com" enter your full email address, your password (all the same as if you was logging into webmail and finish up by adding a description then touch "next"

Cheers,
Dave

Note. Although it appears, this is not a main stream support forum!! It's a conglomerate of both fellow consumers/customers and Telstra employees helping you out!