Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
cholly
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Primary account transferred to Live but not 2nd account

The primary bigpond account transferred to Live successfully, second bigpond email account did not transfer.  A message on the  http://messaging/bigpond.com/update site says that this account is not elligible to be transfered.

When the primary account was being transfered, the update screen explicitely listed the second email would be transfered.

Any ideas?

DanK

Re: Primary account transferred to Live but not 2nd account

Hi cholly,

I am not aware of customers being able to organise transfer of mailboxes to the new mail platform. I know that we are testing this internally at the moment so if you could send your details via a private message I will see if this can be followed up.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
New Contributor
cholly
0 Kudos

PM sent.
New Contributor
cholly
0 Kudos

Now 5 days with the message that  not.realname@bigpond.com  Your mailbox is currently being updated.

Is the migration process working?

New Contributor
cholly
0 Kudos

Help please?  Password updated to a new longer password with capitals and numerics.  8 digit password not long enough. 

DanK

Hi cholly,

I have replied to your most recent message with confirmation of the details. I am confident that we are on the right track to get this done for you.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
New Contributor
cholly

The delay in migration seemed to be entirely related to password length.  I am sure I saw some guidelines somewhere, that required the password to be at least 8 characters.   This is not correct. Passwords need to be longer than 8 characters.

• 8 character password  with a mix of capitals, numerics and lowercase will NOT work.
  • 11 character password with just lowercase and numerics does work, put a capital in to be sure.
>