Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

N-tropix
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Scam emails

[ Edited ]

I have recieved an email which looks very much like a genuine email from Telstra using the Its how we connect logo.

It starts with "

Dear_Valued Member,

our billing system was unable to process your last payment...."

It contains a link to http://www.funactivities4kids.in/zoom/accountNum=10090856amp/billNum=0845066288amp/login.php indicating a scam.

Is it possible to stop these types of scams at the ISP server?

Community Leader
DEANJA

Re: Scam email - YOUR EMAIL BILL

[ Edited ]

Fake Fake Fake, get rid of it - And certainly don't open it, you never know whats hiding in it, most important.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution.
NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Thanks
Jeff
Community Leader
Wanglese

It would be nice if it could be automatically stopped, I agree.

I haven't had one in a while, but there was a period when I was getting at least 2 a month, and ALWAYS on the day my monthly period was switching over.....

If I've helped in some way, a Kudos would be appreciated.

I'm an accredited "Telstra Hero", but I don't work for Telstra, I'm here purely voluntarily to help out others and any opinions I express or advice I give are purely my own, and don't represent Telstra.

Senior Moderators
Deanna

We are aware that these emails are being circulated.  If you receive one, it would be greatly appreciated if could you please take the time to report it here: Report Misuse of Service 

Thanks

Deanna 

If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution as this will help other members find solutions faster.

Has someone been helpful? Give them a Kudos to show your appreciation
N-tropix

Thanks Deana

I have logged it as requested.

Occasional Visitor
zseries
0 Kudos

I received one today stating that we had paid our bill twice, click here to get your refund, I didn't.

Community Leader
DEANJA
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Make sure you delete it completly from your computer. There's a whole lot of variations of these things going around at the moment. Just so annoying.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution.

Thanks
Jeff
Marnie2014
0 Kudos

Scam emails - is this one??? or is it real

A TBX virus has been found
in your e-mail folders Your e-

mail account should be upgraded
to our new DGTFX Secure Anti-

Virus 2014 version for damages
prevent your important files.

Login with the COMZE-DGTFX
Secure Anti-Virus link below to update

your email account or your
e-mail account will be terminated

immediately to prevent spread of
the virus into our webmail log.

http://www.virusscann.comze.com/

Save Your Webmail e-Mail Folders
From Spyware! Your Webmail Security Is

Our Utmost Priority

www.telstra.com.au
Telstra Technical Support
Team

Powered by DGTFX Secure (WebMail
Anti- Virus), Pro version.

Community Leader
DEANJA
0 Kudos

Re: Scam emails - is this one??? or is it real

Yes Marnie, that's another of the scammers text tools. Don't open the links in the message and delete immediately.

Thanks
Jeff
New Contributor
CoolCat456
0 Kudos

Re: Scam emails

Bounce the little so and so's.

I use mailwasher. They have a free version for one email address or buy the pro version for more than one email address.

http://www.mailwasher.net/

DryWater1
0 Kudos

Is this a scam?

Dear customer,

The purpose of this communication is to call your attention,that the last payment date is 12/09/2014 for invoice 8884378365 with outstanding balance $31.19

Pay Bill View Bill

Thank you,by using online services you save your time and give us an opportunity to improve our services.

Pay bill paperless is the choice of millions of people today. Let's give our children a green future.

� 2014 Telstra - mobile phones, prepaid phones, broadband
internet, home phones, business phones
You can unsubscribe from all other types of email
Community Leader
DEANJA
0 Kudos

Hi Drywater, you should be able to decide foryourself if this is a scam.

1) What date is your useual bill due?

2) Is that your account number show, I would think not.

3) Would the amount shown tally with your usual bill?

Yes of course it's a scam, don't click on any of the links and delete the email.

If you take a look at the following official Telstra page, you'll see a range of scam emails doing the rounds under the Telstra logo: http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/warning-bigpond-telstra-phishing-scams

sig

Thanks
Jeff
magpie1
0 Kudos

Hello I keep getting emails that say to Confirm my Details I think they are scams can you please help me It's happened before. I just added my Yahoo account as well.

Community Leader
DEANJA

Maggie, don't i repeat don't click on links in any of these emails, yes they are 99.9999% scammers out to get your idendity, bank or credit card details. Just delete they straight away.

These days you just can't trust emails and phone calls that follow thse lines.

sig

Thanks
Jeff
magpie1
0 Kudos

I keep getting emails from Other Banks I only Bank with The Commonwealth Bank, No One else and also is E-bay and Paypal Safe Thanks Jeff From Magpie1

DingoDan

Hey magpie1,

Thanks for the feedback on your recent experience and am glad that this has been resolved for you when on the call recently :smileyhappy:

I will have this passed on for you. 

Dingo
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team
Please send Kudo's to replies you think are worthy :smileytongue:

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
magpie1
0 Kudos

Thank you for your help. DEANJA. I thought you worked for Telstra.

magpie1
0 Kudos

Jeff can you please help me regarding the bank email and E-bay and Paypal message I just want to know what to do and is it safe to use

Community Leader
DEANJA

No mate, just another mug customer. They should pay me though for all the appearances I and some of the others make around here.

Same thing with those gems, Pay Pal, Banks etc. just ignore them. 99 times out of 100 they are just trying to get to your personal details and finances.

Have a great day.

sig

Thanks
Jeff
mezza168
0 Kudos

I received this email on Thu 6/11/14.  I believe this maybe a scam email???  As I have not recently change any of my details.

<http://www.userlogos.org/files/logos/Sedsigafew/Bigpond_Trans.png>

Dear BigPond User,

Telstra BigPond is sending you this e-mail to inform you that our service to you could be suspended. This might be due to either of the following reasons:

1. You have changed your billing address.

2. You have Submitted incorrect information during bill payment process.

3. Your credit/debit card has expired.

4. You didnt update your bigpond profile.

According to above, and to ensure that your service is not interrupted, we request you to confirm and update your billing information now

BY CLICKING HERE.

http://myacct.bigpond.com/accountManagement?execution=login <http://candorcontracting.com/news/index.php

If you have already confirmed your billing information then please disregard this message as we are processing the changes you have made.

Regards,

Telstra

Billing Department

Thanks for your co-operation.

Accounts Management As outlined in our User Agreement, Telstra ® will periodically send you information about site changes and enhancements.

DingoDan
0 Kudos

Hey mezza168,

Thanks for the update and yes this is a scam email and has not been sent by us at all. We would never direct you t a link to have personal information provided. We always direct you to call, visit Live Chat or access your own account online and make any necessary updates to your service. 

Dingo
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team
Please send Kudo's to replies you think are worthy :smileytongue:

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
magpie1
0 Kudos

info@sanmarcosiena.it This is a Scam Email Can you Please Check it out for me. Thanks DEANJA

Community Leader
DEANJA

Hi Maggy, this would appear to be the email address for an Italian Hotel not far outside of Florenece.

But I'd still flick the email in the dust bin and wouldn't click on any links in it.

Signature.gif

Thanks
Jeff
magpie1
0 Kudos

Thank you Should I keep Sending them to you or Just put in the Spam Box DEANJA

Community Leader
DEANJA

Nah, just give them the flick into the spam and delete boxes at your end.

Signature.gif

Thanks
Jeff