Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Contributor
Essem
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Reward Options to be discontinued

In my last bill I was notified Telstra Reward Options to be discontinued so my $20 discount per month will end in October and home line plan going up.  Gotta say, not happy Jan!  As I rarely use my home phone now looking to cancel my home line completely.  I have home line, 50gb bigpond and mobile all with Telstra.  I have to keep mobile as its on contract but will cancel home line and looking at Naked ADSL which i can't find with Telstra so have to look elsewhere.  I live in Balhannah, Adelaide Hills so may not be able to get Naked ADSL coverage.  I can hot spot iPad to phone data but don't like the idea of doing that with laptop/pc.  Is Telstra looking to offering Naked ADSL?  I'm happy to stay with Telstra but not paying any extra. Any suggestions? 

Occasional Contributor
Essem
0 Kudos

Re: Reward Options to be discontinued

OK so now i've found there is a Telstra Naked plan that I will investigate further.
Esther
0 Kudos

Hi Essem,

In regards to the Telstra Reward options, we do regularly update our discounts to make sure they are in line with what our customers are using.

I would suggest to get in touch with our Live chat team here http://tel.st/iWZsx to discuss other options that might be more suitable for your usage.

In regards to our Naked plan this is available on Cable so providing Cable is available at your address this may be a good option for you.

For more information check here http://www.telstra.com.au/latest-offers/broadband-offer/ 

Thanks

Esther
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
graym
0 Kudos

The link from Esther for more information re latest broadband offer is a dead link for me- 'page not found'
Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Hi Graym, 

Clear your cookies and temp internet files, and it should load for you :-) 

Steph

Steph
Senior Moderator
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Honoured Contributor
Jupiter
0 Kudos

Or just click on the address bar after it goes to the error page and hit enter, it should load it then.

jades223
0 Kudos

Hi. I am not happy with Telstra re this either. Signed up for two years last oct with my plan (home phone, mobile and wireless broadband) and would at least expect Telstra to stay with that till the 2 years is up. Will be looking at others come november.

Occasional Contributor
Essem
0 Kudos

thanks Esther, I did some more research and found that cable is not available in my area but that my existing Bigpond Elite Liberty 50GB at $79.95 that I get a $10 discount on for having a fixed line and pay $69.95 I can get for $49.95 if I contract for 2 years.  I also looked at changing my Homeline Plus to Homeline Budget as I don't make calls from home just receive the occasional call.  I used LiveChat to initiate the changes so that I am now on a 2 year contract  @ $49.95 for the same Elite 50gb and $22.95 for the home line.   Its a pity the option to contract to save on Bigpond isn't promoted it wasn't until i started researching this that I saw that existing members had to re-contract to get this saving.  Anyway its all sorted now and doing it via LiveChat was seamless.  Cheers

Occasional Contributor
Essem

Jades, if you have a contract at a fixed amount they can't change that until the contract ends.  My discounts were not attached to contracts, just the fact that I had 3 services on one account.  You should be right until the end of the contract period.

Established Member
Phil_
0 Kudos

I am shortly to renew my contract, which is currently with Telstra........ I was previously advised that I could not have more than one benefit option. My possible benefits were.......
1. Free local calls (no longer available to me from Nov 2013) as it has been removed by Telstra.
2. Alumni discount - previous employee (I was receiving this plus the free calls) I still receive the Alumni discount.
3. Although eligible for a Pensioner discount I was not previously eligible to receive 'free local calls' and the Pensioner discount so I had elected to take the now removed benefit of free local calls.

I have now been advised that because I receive the Alumni discount I am not eligible for the Pensioner discount......this makes the Alumni offer look like a cheap gimmick.

Further to this, because I have Homeliness Plus, $30 mobile plan and an 8gb mobile internet plan with Bigpond I am receiving a Multiple Product discount $10 and a Member Benefit discount of $10. I have been advised by Telstra that these two discounts have also been removed. I am becoming very disappointed with Telstra and the constant changes to the plans held by existing customers. When past employees start to consider alternative telcos, it's time to review your practices Telstra
Occasional Visitor
Crapper
0 Kudos

Thanks for this post. I've only just noticed my Free Local Calls rebate is no longer on my monthly bill. I thought it had only just disappeared but on examination of past bills find it was withdrawn six months ago. I have no recollection of being informed of this. I must try to be more alert in future.