Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

thedylan
Accepted Solution

How do I report a fault with my home line?

[ Edited ]

Just thought this was as good a place as any for this little tidbit: if you're having problems with your phone line service like not being able to make or receive calls, or your line is crackly and drops out the people you need to talk are our Fixed Line Faults team on 132203. However sometimes the phone isn't convenient for you. That's why we also have our https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/reporting-a-fault-with-your-home-phone-line

Using that form, we can identify a number of common faults and if it's required we'll ask you to fill out some details so we can call you back. Of course if your problem doesn't fall into any of the categories on the form then your best bet is to give us a call on 132203 and talk to someone to work out exactly what's going on with you over the phone.

I hope this helps, and if you have any thoughts about this or think I've left anything out feel free to comment away!

-Dylan

Dylan
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Telstra Employee
Chris_S

Re: How do I report a fault with my home line?

[ Edited ]

One of them is an ‘Isolation Test’ and it involves unplugging all of your phones/devices from every socket in the house and testing them one at a time. This helps rule out if it is a particular phone or device causing the problem.

karin
0 Kudos

hi, i can't use my phone (home) for over a week now because of severe crackling/static. Tried online reporting but it's being repaired/changed. could i report it to you? i wondered if it has anything to do with my internet dropping out constantly and needing resetting. my home number is 0266871280. naturally calling me on it wont do any good, nor will leaving a message. email works. There have been electricity guys working near by for possibly the same time period, could they have... ? OK thanks very much, i hope you can help, karin

Occasional Visitor
aileenandjeff
0 Kudos

The crackling is so bad when you either answer or try to make a call, please advise, Telstra has been working on our corner for a couple of days now, plus we have had rain..Thank you for a fast reply...

Occasional Visitor
diannec
0 Kudos

The above mentioned online fault reporting form and web page to request help came up with an error, ie "not found".
Have done the isolation 5 step test without success.
I am one of the few people left on the planet that does not have a mobile, so with the failure of online support and no mobile how do I get Telstra to fix the land line?
Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

Hi Dianne, sorry to hear about the problems with the connection. The online referral page is still down at the moment, but we hope to have it restored soon - in the meantime, if you don't have access to another phone to report the fault you can also chat with a consultant online from the links on the front page of these CrowdSupport forums.

Greg

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

Just a quick notification to say that the online reporting form is now available again - it can be found along with details of the line isolation test at https://help.telstra.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/16985/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzMzE1MTg2NS9zaWQvaXhsdjlxV...

Greg

Occasional Visitor
CJNW
0 Kudos

Hi,

Phone lines been reported as down again. Sigh...

I think we're up to the fifth time in the last 30 days that it's gone down... (Stopped counting the number of times over the last three months).

Haven't even reported the times that one of us has got up in the middle of the night as the hands free set's been beeping registering a lack of dial tone.  Sometimes it's back up again by break of day, othertimes - not so much.

Bit over it really, wish Telstra would just fork out for whatever piece of equipment up at the main road branch pegs out whenever we've had more than an inch of rain. You get that a bit in the tropics.  Airlie Beach has spectacularly bad phone service and roads....

As you're meant to phone and report on 132203 if the lines been reported as faulty in the last 30 days, I've spent way too much time on that number.  I've actually just had that number on speakerphone on the mobile for the last five minutes.  I've almost given up reporting line faults, have Telstra given up answering them too??  

I've never been a conspiracy theorist, but are you lot trying to get us all to move to Skype and mobile??  Does Telstra own Skype shares??  Is there such a thing as Skype shares???  Whatever...

Could you just fix the line already???

georgio
0 Kudos

i have tried to log my fault online with the form and i was also on hold earlier tonight well before 8 o'clock for over half an hour and still no answer. both my home line and modem are dead (no dial tone) and i have reported this fault once already this week. last time my line was apparently fixed, my phone line is hanging out of the telstra pit out the front of my house in some sort of coke bottle contraption instead of being in the pit. can someone come and fix my line for good. in three years i have had to report the same fault on my line at least 8 times. i am starting to think about telling my fiance to not pay the bill for a while till it is fixed for good!!!

georgio
0 Kudos

the online form gives me an error message as well!!!
Occasional Visitor
rajisen7
0 Kudos

i send my fault report for my landline online and within 5 minutes i got a SMS and email saying that i should contact 132203 how????....my landline is faulty!!!!!...

Telstra Employee
JustinB
0 Kudos

I see your point, but 132203 can be called at no cost from any Telstra mobile, which doesn't render the SMS completely pointless.  That said, it is strange that lodging your fault online led to an almost immediate prompt to call us - what was the nature of the fault?

- Justin

Telstra Social Media Team

ft83
0 Kudos

I canmake phone calls but nobody can make a call to my side the phone is not working