Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
gyro58
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Network connection to 192.168.1.10 via Ethernet, through a TG587n v3.

TG587n v3 is a failure for me. I have connection to the Internet, i have DSL connection, i can even access the Internet programes on my Plasma connected via Ethernet. My wireless network is in order, have my laptop, mobile and PS3 connected. But my most treasured connection to my security DVR is a loss. Plug my old TG585V8 back in and there it is, after trying to configure it, to re-serve me, i realise it wont because it was supplied to me by another service provider (into the bin with both those DSL2 modems). And with no responce, as to how to connect to 192.168.1.10 via the TG587n v3, i guess i have to purchase another, open to whoever TG585V8. Why Telstra provided me with a modem capable of optic fibre connection, and 4G connection when i live in a rural city, not needing optic fibre connection, nor have 4G access, has me realising that there is no investigation, as to where we live when provided with these modems.I'm not a complete novice, and i'm capable of port fowarding so as to view my home via the DVR from the web, but how to get access from my DeskTop has me stumped. All the best for the New Year readers.

Technical Support
Shelly_Telstra

Re: Network connection to 192.168.1.10 via Ethernet, through a TG587n v3.

Hi Gyro58,

While assisting customers with this particular configuration falls outside of the BigPond support boundaries I did a bit of quick research on Security DVR and setting it up for remote viewing.

I found this guide on how to configure remote viewing.

Have you set the public IP for your DVR within the new modem?

Also this thread on port forwarding might help you with your modem. Even though the model of the modem is different, the steps should be identical. 

Telstra BigPond Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

Shelly_Telstra wrote:
While assisting customers with this particular configuration falls outside of the BigPond support boundaries…

So say we all. :robotwink:

… I did a bit of quick research on Security DVR and setting it up for remote viewing.

I found this guide on how to configure remote viewing.

Kudos to you! :smileyhappy:

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
New Contributor
gyro58
0 Kudos

Thanks Shelly,

Iv'e had this particular Avtech DVR in place for some six years now, it was way ahead of it's time back then and the current push type are identical except for the mouse, and, that they don't support port 80 fowarding. In the past I have had it configured DHCP, and with my last TG585v8 had it STATIC. Then configured portfowarding through Dynamic DNS. I have been at it for some time just today, and, went down to the telstra shop to see what is available other than this modem. I'm giving up for a few days, and rethinking the configuration. Thanks for the investigation, and the link to Patric Nelson, this configuration i have completed more than once in my prior connections, my DVR manual states his method. You see, i'm not just wanting to access my surveilance from the Internet via where ever, but just as importantly from my Desk Top. I wont give up, and i'll eventually work it out.

Thankyou, to yourself and Deanna, for taking time to investigate findings for me,

regards

Slick.

New Contributor
gyro58
0 Kudos

Hi Shelly,

Again thanks for your help, what i did prior to your message was go to Setup my TG587n v3, and at the choice of (DHCP) I chose 192.168.1/24 , instead of the 10.0.0.0/24, there i had access to my DVR via the desktop software. Arter a reset at the Modem hole, i then had Internet. So as i have it set, all's well in my HomeCamp. After rereading the link you sent me to Salon, i rememberd what it was i did years back moving to Static. As i have it set now is i guess, the same proceedure, except in reverse, i changed the DHCP at the modem instead of changing the IPv4 and Gateway in the DVR, either way the Subnet Mask stays the same.

Does it matter to Telstra, or does it to me in anyway, having the DHCP in the Modem setup to 192.168.1.0/24, instead of 10.0.0.0/24. If so i'll put it back and configure the DVR static address.

regards

Slick.

Technical Support
Shelly_Telstra

Hi Gyro58,

The IP address assigned to the gateway does not impact your service from a network perspective, as BYO ADSL modems come in a range of IP depending upon the manufacturer.

The only provision that I make on this is that if you contact our Technical Support team they will by default direct you to the 10.0.0.138 to access the modem and if the modem requires a factory reset for any reason, the modem will return to its default IP settings.

Telstra BigPond Technical Support
Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
New Contributor
gyro58

Hi Shelly,

Yeah i'm ok with that, once into a modem home page i save it as a favourite, it's the quickest path to get back to it. Once i changed the DHCP in set up, and it reset, of course i lost connection to it. Then had to type in the 192.168 etc address to find it, then again saved it as a favourite and deleted the other one that took me via 10.0.0 etc. What i did do, was after reseting the DHCP to 192.168 etc, and everything was as i wanted it to be, and now knew how to get it to that state, i closed everything and utilised the reset button on the back of the modem, intending it to default to 10.0.0.138 upon starting, but it didn't, it was as i had left it with 192.168.etc.

thanks again,

i wouldn't have access with out you, Chi and Deanna.(Crowd Support is by far, better than phoning into a line up, and taking voice commands, this way allows me to go over, again and again what has been sugested to do. Love it.)

>