Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Problems with LG smart TV connecting to wifi?

I have recently bought an LG smart TV - LG 32LS575T Full HD 32" LED TV however whenever I try to connect to my home broadband it won't.

It has found the name of my broadband and asks for "security key" which I have put in exactly as what is on my box; it is all upper case with no spaces. I tried both lower and uppercase to see if this was the problem. After I put in my security key its tries to connect then a message comes up "connection failed, going back to list"

I am unsure if it is me being daft or an actual issue can anyone help please?

• Sky router/broadband box
  • LG 32LS575T
  • My TV is upstairs and the modem is downstairs

Community Leader
0 Kudos

Re: Problems with LG smart TV connecting to wifi?

Try this addy

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Home-Broadband/LG-Smart-TV-fails-to-connect-to-BP-Wireless-Mod...

Cheers,
Dave

Note. Although it appears, this is not a main stream support forum!! It's a conglomerate of both fellow consumers/customers and Telstra employees helping you out!
Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

I have problem in samsung smart tv 8 series 55 inches. I could connect internet in my smart tv but when I watch youtube in smart hub videos running for 2 to 3 minutes and suddenly internet disconnects. Again I got to network setting and connect my network and when I watch the videos in youtube again get disconnected. I don't know what would be the problem. All was working properly until last week. Pls could you help sort this issue
0 Kudos

Heya srikante08,

Have you recently had any problems with your internet connection at all or moved anything around the house that's maybe interfering with the signal?

Renee :smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
0 Kudos

I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?
Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi everyone.

I had the same problems with my LG 42 inch smart TV and connection using wi fi.

Th compalined to LG and they suggested the following which sort of cleared the problem.

This is what they suggested..................

Thank you for taking the time to contact LG in relation to your 42LN575V. I am very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing. I have to say this it is an extremely unusual fault.

So I can look into this further for you can you please advise me how far away from the TV do you have the router and are there any floors or walls inbetween?

Typically, if the TV can see the router then the TV isn't at fault. It tends to be that the router is not optimised to connect with our TV. Our smart TV's are classed as a low priority connection by the router and this means the connection to the TV may suffer whilst other devices which are high priority such as a PC or Tablet connect fine.

Therefore, what I would also recommend, is that you get in contact with your internet service provider and ask them to make some changes to the settings of your router which are as follows:

- Open wireless port 80.
- Increase decibel output.
- Enable UPNP
- Change the Wi-Fi channel to 5ghz if neccassary.

If you have already applied these changes then please let me know Steve and I will escalate this issue to one of our senior technicians here to see how we can get this resolved for you. I appreciate your patience with this matter.

You can reply to this email by clicking the more questions link below.

I hope my email has answered your query and assisted you today; I would really appreciate your feedback. Please help us to improve our customer service by completing the short survey after this email.
Thank you in advance.

Kind regards  
Nathan
LG Electronics UK Help desk 

I  could not increase the output level or switch it to 5Ghz but I could openbe the port 80 ( allow it also throiugh the firewall) and enable UPNP.

I can now connect wirelessly but I have a buffering issue which I am attempting to resolve.  If i connect woith a long ethernbet cable istead of wireless it is perfect.

Awaiting to see what LG advise.

tnavarro652 wrote:
I'm having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out?

Regular Visitor
0 Kudos

There is your answer.hard wired is better.