Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

nixnax
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Using mobile in New Zealand

[ Edited ]
I'm going to NZ in afew weeks, wanting to take my Samsung Galaxy S3 over there, but not too keen on going on global roaming. I'm interested in grabbing a pre-paid micro sim with telecom NZ while I'm over there, does anyone know if there will be any issues using this carriers sim in the mobile? I.e- locking issues etc.
Also I have a Telstra elite pre-paid mobile wi-fi, does anyone know if I can also use another carriers sim in this overseas?
Any help would be much appreciated.
Community Leader
Drat

Re: Using mobile in New Zealand

If you bought your Samsung handset outright, or acquired it by Mobile Repayment Option (MRO) in conjunction with a new post-paid mobile service contract, then the handset is not locked to Telstra's network.

Your pre-paid mobile wi-fi device is locked to Telstra's network, unless you have previously requested for it to be unlock and have paid the applicable unlocking fee.
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.