CROWDSUPPORT ®

Contributor
Joshua
0 Kudos

Galaxy Note 1 Update

Overnight the following from Samsung has been around the news wires... would be nice to have an assurance from Telstra that they will not impede the availability of this update for Telstra Samsung Galaxy Note 1 phone owners...

Samsung has now confirmed plans to bring the Note not just Jelly Bean, but also a Premium Suite upgrade delivering Multi Window View and other Note II features.

Beyond Multi Window, the Premium Suite will bring the Note an enhanced S Note app, popup videos and browser, and other features borrowed from the Galaxy S III and Note II.

RocknRollJoel

Re: Galaxy Note 1 Update

Why on earth would Telstra impede the availability of the update? Do you have ANY evidence that they've done that in the past? Given that Samsung phones are the ones that seem to have the most delays with their updates, and every other manufacturer has little trouble getting them out, do you think maybe the problem lies with Samsung rather than Telstra?

Also, when are you going to apologise to Telstra for claiming that Optus are rolling out the update to their customers, when in reality the update hadn't even been announced by Samsung at that point?

Occasional Contributor
JamieOliver88
0 Kudos

Someone is backing Telstra 110%
Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

Joshua wrote:

would be nice to have an assurance from Telstra that they will not impede the availability of this update for Telstra Samsung Galaxy Note 1 phone owners...

I'm sure Telstra will test and assess the update Samsung submits for review using standard due process, and approve it promptly if the update meets the criteria for approval. Not making this a priority or going out of its way to push it through extraordinarliy is not the same thing as impeding it.

Now that Telstra is going to give me a SGN1 as a gift, I guess I'm an SGN1 owner too and have a vested interest in seeing the update become available sooner rather than later, but there is simply no good reason – technical or commercial – to rush the process, especially when the model appears to have dropped off Telstra's current handset range/catalogue. Our keeness as users for getting the update is precisely the wrong thing on which an network carrier should base a decision.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
freecuddles
0 Kudos

whens the jelly bean update for galaxy note  one   ,,,,,the 4.0.4   is really bad slow laggy freezes my phone

Established Member
Alizah
0 Kudos

Yes mine is so bad I got an SGSIII to use so I could make normal phone calls. Really hoping JB update will improve it. I have the JB update on the SGSIII and I'm quite happy with the result. Although to be honest, I really haven't noticed that much of a difference - except with Google +

====================================================
Alizah MacLeod-King
Android Fan Girl