Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

bassteq

Galaxy S3 3G 4.1.2 when?

Since telstra pushed out v4.1.1 Ive had severe battery drain, Im lucky to get 10 hrs, prior to the update I'd get almost 3 days.

I see v4.1.2 fixes a known issue that causes this drain, when is telstra planning to push out this version?

Occasional Visitor
appledroid3

Re: Galaxy S3 3G 4.1.2 when?

I hope it's soon as well! I've had an issue with my copy/paste since installing 4.1.1.

Community Manager
DanK

Hi all, welcome to the forum.

I would suggest a review of the apps that are running on the phone starting with battery saving apps. Try disabling these or making sure they are all up to date. I have had reports from customers that had issues with apps that stop services after updating.

At this stage I do not have any information to share about upcoming updates.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Occasional Contributor
tryanc
0 Kudos

doing a factory reset of you phone should fix this. mine is all better since
bassteq
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan, I don't use any battery saving apps. All apps are the same prior to the update.

Tryanc: If I do a factory reset, can only the apps/data be restored from Kies, or does Kies flash back a whole system image when restoring?

Cheers
New Contributor
unrealshots
0 Kudos

The Kies backup is rubbish. You're better off backing up your SMS history, music and photos using Market apps and via PC connection, and reloading everything from scratch...

There is a a serious issue with 4.1.1, that Telstra seem to be pushing under the rug at the moment, so if you're still on 4.0.4 refuse the update, otherwise your phone may become a brick
Occasional Contributor
tryanc
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

unrealshots wrote:
The Kies backup is rubbish. You're better off backing up your SMS history, music and photos using Market apps and via PC connection, and reloading everything from scratch.

+1
Occasional Visitor
wigfish

This update has killed my s3. basic functions such as messaging drop out on loading and the time lag is shocking. it is now a brick. Telstra need to urgently reissue the new upgrade or the previous one which worked well.

Occasional Contributor
tryanc
0 Kudos

wigfish wrote:

This update has killed my s3. basic functions such as messaging drop out on loading and the time lag is shocking. it is now a brick. Telstra need to urgently reissue the new upgrade or the previous one which worked well.

wigfish have you tried doing a factory reset? this definitely cleared up a few of the issues i had with 4.1.1
redeye84
0 Kudos

I bought my Galaxy S3 3g unlocked so it isn't a Telstra phone but I'm on a Telstra plan.  Two days ago I got a notification of a software update which I wasn't expecting.  I fired up my home wifi and it was about a 90 meg download.  Now I've got Android version 4.1.2 with the apps tab and multi screen.  It's great but where do my updates come from?

Baseband Version is 19300xxella if that tells you anything.

New Contributor
Builty

Samsung released generic Australian firmware a few weeks ago. Yours in unbranded so gets it direct from them without the usual carrier delays the rest of us suffer with.
redeye84
0 Kudos

Samsung released generic Australian firmware a few weeks ago. Yours in unbranded so gets it direct from them without the usual carrier delays the rest of us suffer with.

Thanks Builty, I wonder if that's good or bad.  I've only had the phone a couple of months and the 'sudden death' syndrome seems to strike sometime after that.  I hope this new firmware takes care of that.  Time will tell

Occasional Contributor
tryanc
0 Kudos

redeye84 wrote:

Thanks Builty, I wonder if that's good or bad.  I've only had the phone a couple of months and the 'sudden death' syndrome seems to strike sometime after that.  I hope this new firmware takes care of that.  Time will tell

Serious? There is a 'SIDS' for phones now? Hope I don't seen this, I bought my phone in July :smileysurprised:
New Contributor
Builty
0 Kudos

4.1.2 unbranded Aussie release certainly has what the development community thinks is a fix for sudden death bug. Its patching the firmware of the flash memory chip.

Samsung has made no official statement but its pretty likely once on 4.1.2 you are OK.