CROWDSUPPORT ®

Telstra Products & Services Team
CraigR

HTC One 4.2 update

All,

HTC have informed us of a slight delay in the deployment of this update. It is now expected to begin deploying on Thursday 1 August. No specific time of day has been provided yet - when it is I will let you all know.

Device Updates – Important Info & Terminology
adz
New Contributor
adz
0 Kudos

Re: HTC One 4.2 update

Thanks Craig! :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
mariomart
0 Kudos

Great news, thanks :smileyvery-happy:
BrockM
0 Kudos

HOORAY :smileyhappy:

jinandrew
0 Kudos

Great news let's hope no further delays....
raghav001
0 Kudos

Craige sir 

Hi Myself Adi i want to know about the update of 4.2.2 by Vodafone in Australia. when they will rollout on HTC One???

I bought this Set from Australia which is under Vodafone network..but i m using this HTC One which is factory unlocked that i m using in India. Yet i didnt get any update..so i have read that HTC has submitted in Vodafone Also which is now Testing Underway. so can u suggest me that maximum how many days they can take to rollout on HTC One???

becoz its too late and i m not getting any latest news from vodafone so i got to u..i hope u will surely help me about this update. plz do reply ..thanks

New Contributor
Molaram

Hi Adi,

From my understanding, vodafone haven't provided a date when the update will be available, presumably it will be fairly soon too. 

Just for future reference, asking a telstra employee on a telstra website about a vodafone update is probably not the best use of anyone's time. :-)

Telstra Products & Services Team
CraigR

All,

HTC are expecting the update to being deploying at 3:00PM today (Sydney time). If there are any changes I will let you know.

Device Updates – Important Info & Terminology
Occasional Contributor
looktall
0 Kudos

CraigR wrote:

All,

HTC are expecting the update to being deploying at 3:00PM today (Sydney time). If there are any changes I will let you know.

Craig, can you tell me if the download for this update would count towards our monthly data cap?

my wife has a one X with vodafone and when the 4.1.1 update rolled out VF made the download free data.

does telstra do the same?

Honoured Contributor
DEANJA
0 Kudos

Looktall, for a number of reasons you should always try to do updates over a WiFi connection. Not just a cost saving, because over 3G/4G it will count on your data useage, but it's less likely that you would experience drop outs whilst updating, and for better reliability that the end result will work and be stable.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated.
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark your question as SOLVED.
NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Thanks
Jeff
Occasional Contributor
looktall
0 Kudos

DEANJA wrote:

it's less likely that you would experience drop outs whilst updating

you wouldn't say that if you had my adsl conneciton. :smileyhappy:

Occasional Contributor
Dimi194
0 Kudos

As a general rule (as with other updates of this nature) no.

Dimitrous Charles, author of Stories of Earth: WWIII
Occasional Visitor
brendonc
0 Kudos

Got it! Thanks for the updates Craig.

FenceSitter
0 Kudos

I just got ... something.

An update to the OTA updater, I think. Hahaha.

No 4.2.2 just yet.

Visitor
stuartf
0 Kudos

Down it comes....

An initial software update prior to the OS update.

Now 415MB downloading at snail's pace......waiting

FenceSitter
0 Kudos

Weird. I got the small update, but now it's still saying there are no updates for me... :-/

ntsiotinos
0 Kudos

I have an unlocked One purchased from HN. My sim is Optus. I've tried taking out the sim card. Does anyone know if this would hinder or help to get the update?

Cheers,

Nick

FenceSitter
0 Kudos

woot! Got it.

Honoured Contributor
DEANJA
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Don't really know what all the fuss is about.

Small download re start and then main update, took all of about 3 mins. :smileyhappy: Then it installed, turned itself off and back on with no troubles.

Painless and quick.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated.
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark your question as SOLVED.

Thanks
Jeff
Established Member
iajanus
0 Kudos

Installing the big update now.

Word of advice - first time I tried to download it I got about 25MB in 10 mins. 

Restarted and got the 415MB in about 5 :smileyhappy:.

FenceSitter
0 Kudos

DEANJA wrote:

Don't really know what all the fuss is about.

"Fuss"?

Just ripe with anticipation here! 4.2.2 is supposed to fix a few of the niggling problems I've been having. :smileyhappy:

Honoured Contributor
DEANJA
0 Kudos

Such drama, christmas is still months away....:smileyhappy:

screenshot_0801155212.png

Thanks
Jeff
FenceSitter
0 Kudos

No wonder you have zero kudos with a condescending demeanour like that.

Honoured Contributor
DEANJA
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

FenceSitter wrote:

No wonder you have zero kudos with a condescending demeanour like that.

Well I just find that the dramas people put around these updates astounding, it's as if there's no tomorrow if it didn't happen yesterday.
Yes my Kudos rating is bad isn't .... LoL...:smileyvery-happy:

Kudos.jpg
OR
Kudos 2.jpg

Thanks
Jeff
FenceSitter
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ah, that's my mistake. I thought your kudos was displayed below your name next to the post.

But on further inspection, that's not the case. I don't use this forum much, as you can tell.

But still, I can't see anything that qualifies as "fuss" or "drama", not in this thread anyway. Just a bunch of bored people discussing the update process as it happens. Twitter without the hashtags, as it were.

Nerd type people do get pretty agitated when they can't have the bleeding-edge latest update, two minutes ago. You can see it in the "Handset Updates - 18 July" thread. But not in here. I'm trying to understand what solicited that kind of response from you. 

parriss59
0 Kudos

Can any tell me if the HTC one XL gets the android 4.2.2 update

Honoured Contributor
DEANJA
0 Kudos

FenceSitter wrote:

Ah, that's my mistake. I thought your kudos was displayed below your name next to the post.

But on further inspection, that's not the case. I don't use this forum much, as you can tell.

But still, I can't see anything that qualifies as "fuss" or "drama", not in this thread anyway. Just a bunch of bored people discussing the update process as it happens. Twitter without the hashtags, as it were.

Nerd type people do get pretty agitated when they can't have the bleeding-edge latest update, two minutes ago. You can see it in the "Handset Updates - 18 July" thread. But not in here. I'm trying to understand what solicited that kind of response from you. 

No dramas (oops :smileysurprised:) my friend, just an old man's odd sense of humor, would be good to see you visit more often.

Thanks
Jeff
parriss59
0 Kudos

Hi Craig , does the HTC one xl recieve the 4.2.2 update ?

vampyric
0 Kudos

Hi everyone!
Could you please tell me if this update sees the return of the mail widget?
I'm running Trickdoid and don't want to flash back to the stock ROM only to find out that it doesn't...
Thanks!
Honoured Contributor
DEANJA
0 Kudos

Both the regular Mail and G-Mail are both there for me.

Thanks
Jeff
Visitor
Sawyer
0 Kudos

Paris, the devices are completely unrelated with regards to updates..
Contributor
maverick_john
0 Kudos

Im getting extremely frustrated.

The google home swipe up function is frustrating, i wish to keep it as the double tap only. If you can tell HTC to allow the option of only double tapping it would be greatly appreciated.. 

Tech Bar Team
AdrianG
0 Kudos

Updated with a small ota update 1st then a the actual 4.2.2 update i enjoy the quick panel where settings which are in pull down bar

Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Android Enthusiast, HTC One
Android 4.4.2, HTC Sense 5.5

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
Occasional Visitor
bigfnal
0 Kudos

Has anyone else notices a huge increas in power use by android system?
my power has dropped 20% in 3 hours and 53% of the useage has been attributed to Android System.
Tech Bar Team
AdrianG

Mine is sitting at around 51% but battery dosnt seem to be drianing quicker which is strange is your power saver on? if so i suggest a hard reset but make sure you back up your data first

Need additional help? Book a Telstra Tech Bar appointment.

Android Enthusiast, HTC One
Android 4.4.2, HTC Sense 5.5

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra
vampyric
0 Kudos

There is NO mail widget... *sigh*