Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
Kwakka14r
0 Kudos

Re: Handset Software Updates - 4/12/2013

[ Edited ]

Well I have come to the realization that Telstra really don't care about the older phones because this profit hungry company wants everyone to upgrade and I think I will die of old age before I get another update for my i9305 Samsung 3s LTE.

It is a very disappointing situation but it seems to be a fact of life wherew this over charging, under servicing provider is concerned and it's not just with mobile services I have experienced overly poor service. 

lholling
0 Kudos

I agree that Telstra should be giving us some update as to whether they have even received the firmware from Samsung to begin the testing phase. You can at least see what is going to the Samsung servers by using the following URL

http://live.samsung-updates.com/index.php?device=GT-N7105T

This is for the Australian Note 2, as you can see no carrier has an update for 4.3 that Samsung is deploying, there is not even the unbranded XSA version listed.

For other Samsung phones you can change it to your model number (or use the drop down menu) to see what is available.

I think that it is a case that we are one of the last regions to be provided the firmware from Samsung which is why it has taken so long.

Occasional Contributor
Lilmeh
0 Kudos

Like most of you, I agree that Telstra needs to be more forthcoming with update statuses but some of the people on this thread isn't reading the whole thread, and making comments that Telstra have already given in oneway or another (such as Xperia update is now the 16th). Just my two cents but this is not helping in proving to Telstra they need improvement on comms.
bayleetaylor
0 Kudos

Lilmeh I think you mean't the 16th was the date the update was approved by sony because it still says TBC in the customer arrival section for the Z1

Established Member
Coolbreeze
0 Kudos

I've spoken to Telstra technical support regarding the S4. It all ok now, they have sent an email I was told.

Woohoo, thanks for going the extra mile.

Honoured Contributor
Jupiter
0 Kudos

bayleetaylor,

16th was the anticipated approval date by Telstra.  Sony provides the update to Telstra to test and approve.  Telstra then tells Sony whether they can release it or not.

Super Contributor
pedah
0 Kudos

Lumia 1020 GDR3, Black, update is available now

wp_ss_20140110_0009.jpg

#WinPhan

HTC Tytn II, HTC HD2, HTC DesireHTC Mozart, HTC HD7, HTC Titan 4G, HTC 8X, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 1020, 1320, 930

Telstra Hero
Contributor
icanfly

Still nothing on note 2? Cmon please!!

can't take a week to get an update from the team.. Seriously.. getting really pissed now.

Please don't think you can just keep side stepping this issue and hope the update will just come and we will stop asking for an update..

I am literally checking this thread every couple of hours hoping to see an update on where our note 2 4.3 is?? And you can't even tell us if you even have it for testing.. PM me if you have to.. Nearly 3 weeks overdue now with now clue as to whether you guys are even working on it

WhatUpYo

For those curious about the status of pending Windows Phone updates with Nokia, this site might have more accurate information

http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/

Established Member
jamesfisk
0 Kudos

I echo this question, its getting beyond a joke the lack of communication here.
Hardly a good advertisement for a telecommunications company.'
cheers

icanfly wrote:

Still nothing on note 2? Cmon please!!

can't take a week to get an update from the team.. Seriously.. getting really pissed now.

Please don't think you can just keep side stepping this issue and hope the update will just come and we will stop asking for an update..

I am literally checking this thread every couple of hours hoping to see an update on where our note 2 4.3 is?? And you can't even tell us if you even have it for testing.. PM me if you have to.. Nearly 3 weeks overdue now with now clue as to whether you guys are even working on it

TimBartel
0 Kudos

Hi james and Icanfly,

You'll notice that on the above chart it says "TBC" - standing for To Be Confirmed. That means at this stage we don't have a date that can provide.

If we had one, this thread would be updated to include that one. It doesn't benefit us in any way to withhold that information so please don't feel that we're simply choosing not to say anything.

As soon as we have a date, we'll provide it.
Tim Bartel
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Contributor
PALADiN
0 Kudos

It's January 10th, 2014 now. I think it's time for a new update post.

Contributor
icanfly
0 Kudos

@TimBartel 

@jamesfisk 

Hi Tim,

I am not sure if you haven't been following the thread or you are just trying to pull the wool over our eyes. 

I was the one that acually recommended you change the expected delivery date of the Note 2 to TBC because I thought it made Telstra look sort of bad still having an ETA of over 2 weeks ago. This would also help you out by stopping people coming in who havent been following this thread and posting why can't I get the firmware update yet when it says it came out 2 weeks ago? Now they can see when they come in, oh it's TBC so I guess I don't need to hassle anyone on this thread where it is and I shall wait longer

So yeah I know it says TBC but those in the know here know the history that this firmware was slated for delivery on Dev 23rd and it is know nearly 3 weeks later and we don't have any further updates on a new ETA or in fact if Telstra actually got the firmware from Samsung yet. Some more history to this is that an update was posted on Monday to track down with the team to see where it's at and that a new communications update will be given to use ASAP

So thats 5 days ago and still being told that you are waiting to hear back from your team to see what is happening with the firmware, so this is indeed what I was venting my frustration about. I cannot beleive it is taking 5 days to get any sort of information about a firmware which is nearly 3 weeks overdue.. I am sorry but that is really crap. I am sure whoover is innvolved is doing their best to chase this up but somwhere in your chain there are huge issues. Whether or not that can be fixed or in fact you don't really care about looking after your customers is still to be determined.

I think Telstra need to lift their game in this department and start to realise the amount of people that actually are more savvy these days about knowing a new firmware is coming and wanting to know where it is. Gone are the days where firmware for our nokias were just to fix issues which we probably didnt even notice. Like it or not the Apple system and now Android have made firmware updates a big deal. 

Thanks

Occasional Contributor
Lilmeh

Further to what icanfly said, I think the major issue is that these days, people ARE tech-savvy so when we see that something like a flagship phone such as the Xperia Z*s is in "first round testing", and then there is a delay and a new date is provided but the comment is still "first round testing", then it brings forth the question of what have you been doing these three weeks?
You can attribute this to stuck up consumers who think they know everything but the fact is, it's a case of WE DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU DON'T TELL US.
voodoomac

For those interested, it looks like the Samsung Galaxy S4 release of Android 4.3 is available (perhaps in some areas?).  Just did an update OTA on my device, I'm in the ACT.

New Contributor
OzMustangMan351
0 Kudos

Hi Craig

Can you advise when the next update for the Samsung Galaxy SIII - 4G model will be available please ?

It has been a while since we had an update, and I note the older SIII - 3G owners are able to update now, doesn't seem fair.

New Contributor
Greg18
0 Kudos

voodoomac wrote:

For those interested, it looks like the Samsung Galaxy S4 release of Android 4.3 is available (perhaps in some areas?).  Just did an update OTA on my device, I'm in the ACT.

im in NSW border of NSW an Vic an dont have it yet. but what are the changes 

Established Member
SavMatt
0 Kudos

woodsy
0 Kudos

I've been checking these forums for updates forever.  I've read the "it's Samsung, it's Telstra".  These are billion dollar companies. They should be able to get timely updates out.  Waiting 3 months, 1 year+ for an update is unacceptable.  It's Telstra's fault as other service providers around the developed world have no issues releasing updates to customers.  I can only assume it's all a sales ploy to get you to buy new hardware.   

I have Android 4.4.2 on my Telstra Galaxy Nexus.   I just used the CM installer. http://www.cyanogenmod.org/.  There's no technical knowledge required.  The installer only puts on a stable version. It's running perfectly and it's great.  And so many basic improvements over the last Telstra update (4.1.2) like battery, camera etc. along with the 50+ new features.

Established Member
Coolbreeze
0 Kudos

Is this update for the 9506 model as well? Telstra have told me that it is but I don't know of anyone that has this model who has upgraded to 4.3 using Kies or OTA.

Can Telstra please confirm if this update is also for the GT-I9506 model and if it's not can you please update the table and provide any info on testing rounds/ETA etcetera.

Cheers

GlennC
0 Kudos

I find it interesting that the rest of the world are receiving S3 3G 4.3 upgrade firmware, Note no  Australian carrier has a commitment date for this update. 

Established Member
oXiDe
0 Kudos

@icanfly 

- Okay. I'm new yes, could never be bothered to sign up, however, i have been reading and reading and trying to kepe up to date however, now I'm getting real fed up with waiting for an update just for the Galaxy Note 2.

As I'm sure icanfly could agree with me here, we don't even care if we have an ETA for release date yet, all we REALLY want to know is whether TELSTRA has received the firmware to even TEST yet?? If so, we know it could possibly be 2 weeks away. I'm sure someone would know whether or not telstra has even received the firmware for testing purposes?? It seems that as usual, telstra are being pathetic and not updating there customers. I myself have had massive issues with dealing with telstra lately, and none of you seem to give the same answers, communication within the company really needs to pick up. It's a simple answer, ready?

"Hello, my name is ...... i am wondering whether or not telstra have actually received the firmware from samsung for testing purposes yet?"

Yes or no answer, simple, surely, someone would know, you guys at "Crowd Support" are here for a reason.

DingoDan
0 Kudos

Hey oXiDe,

I wish that I had the straight up answer for you, but we are awaiting a further update on the device updates to be released. Once this is made available we will have a clearer picture if this has been submitted and hopefully when this will be made available for all customers. I do apologise for the delay in the next update for these device updates being provided :smileysad:

Dingo
Please send Kudo's to replies you think are worthy :smileytongue:

MarkTurnerImage
0 Kudos

I know this doesn't address the core issue, but try ODIN and the N7105 tar file.

It'll get you on 4.3, your galaxy Gear will connect correctly and you'll be sorted until the official 4.3 gets rolled out.

The tar file is named (I think) N7105XXEUMK5_N7105NEEEMK1_N7105XXEUMJ9_HOME.tar

I updated mine on the 24th and it's been sweet as.

Super Contributor
pedah

WOuld be cool if the table at the start of the thread could be updated to reflect that a couple of updates are now available, ie; Lumia 1020 and 925 black/gdr3 are now available

#WinPhan

HTC Tytn II, HTC HD2, HTC DesireHTC Mozart, HTC HD7, HTC Titan 4G, HTC 8X, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 1020, 1320, 930

Telstra Hero
Contributor
icanfly

@DingoDan While we appreciate you replying to this forum at this point we need to ask what is the holdup?

At first we were expecting a new update to be made out of courtesy as the ETA for the Note 2 release had passed and still no firmware. But at this point you are well well overdue for regular updates.

Your very worst update rollout was once a month but at ths point it has now been nearly 1 1/2 months and no update. Granted there was a Christmas break but even taking that into consideration one would have expected an update by now. I know I am wasting my breath here but what can we do but keep complaining. 

Sorry to sound so rude but your reply with your PR statement just does nothing for me now. No amount of replying saying you are working on updating and check back soon and apologising will excuse the no updates. It has been too long you have dropped the ball. And you have made looking forward to a new firmware lose its excitement for me now. When it does come it will be whatever finally rather than having that excitement of it being available to download. As it has been pointed out before at the very least all we want to know is has Telstra got the firmware from Samsung yet but you can't even tell us that. I no longer believe you are watiing to hear back from the team of the status of this. You have been waiting 2 weeks now to hear back from them. Any department that takes that long to get information would be in serious trouble in my experience. It is therefore clear to me you guys probably have all the information but refuse to share it to save from a PR nightmare to tell us yet again it is delayed and I think you are still under the impression that we are going to get annoyed if we find out its delayed again. At this stage you are dammed if you, dammed if you don't but not knowing is a lot worse than knowing and having to wait yet again

Occasional Contributor
GvhftrKijl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I echo icanfly's "I no longer believe you are watiing to hear back from the team of the status of this."

I find it impossible to believe that between all of your systems, computers, data storage and staff currently not on leave, that there is not any additional shred, any additional iota of information pertaining to the Galaxy Note 2 4.3 update (and others) floating around.
Contributor
icanfly
0 Kudos

Well Optus page for the Note 2 now says testing underway. Eta late Jan early Feb.

I am pretty sure it used to say waiting to receive firmware from Samsung.

So I can only hope and assume Telstra also received the firmware by now at least Optus are on the ball with their updates..

Community Manager
Yannick
0 Kudos

We expect to provide a new device update this week to share with the community.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as a Accepted Solution this will help other members find solutions faster.

Purchase Telstra iPhone 6 and 6 Plus direct links:  http://tel.st/iphone6
You can also find us on:
Twitter @TelstraFacebook 24x7Google +

Contributor
icanfly
0 Kudos

@Yannick 

That would be lovely. Nice to get some sort of update. Even if it is an update about an update.

Occasional Contributor
Lilmeh
0 Kudos

@Yannick

Can I just make a suggestion for the next device update to include Xperia Z and Xperia Z1 in the table?

Further, when the Z1f becomes available, to keep including these?

I don't know the release lengths of the Samsungs etc. but if companies are releasing flagships every 6 months (or less), it makes more sense to keep the information on previous flagships available - at least for 2-3 phones, given that most people are on 24 month contracts.

Occasional Contributor
kamael
0 Kudos

GDR3 for HTC 8X please!

Contributor
PALADiN
0 Kudos

Lumia 920 GDR3 update?
New Contributor
SimmyMelb
0 Kudos

My Galaxy S4 is getting an OTA update to 4.3 right now also. I'm in Melbourne.

Occasional Contributor
David_0011
0 Kudos

Forgive my scepticism, but weren't we promised an update 2 or so weeks ago Yannick?
Established Member
oXiDe
0 Kudos

@Yannick

You are expecting an update this week? Really?

So let's get this right. It takes 2 weeks to receive an update? I stand by my post previously. Communication in the business needs to be picked up. If it takes 2 weeks to receive an update from another department that is pretty damn sad.

I'm no longer expecting much from you guys nor am I excited to receive the update. When it happens it happens I'm over it... it shows where your priorities are, not with its customers of course.

However now that you have said that. All of us here will be expecting this update during the week. Make sure it happens eh?
Super Contributor
pedah
0 Kudos

Thanks for the news Yannick

#WinPhan

Telstra Hero
Honoured Contributor
Jupiter
0 Kudos

PALADIN,

Lumia 920 update won't be available until some time mid-late February.  Nokia has only just submitted the update to Telstra in the last few days. Check here to keep updated: http://www.nokia.com/global/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/wp8-availability-in-asia-pac...

Occasional Contributor
hodgo1981
0 Kudos

As RDH001 says, Motorola websites says that the "RAZR HD will be upgraded to KitKat".

Does Telstra have any advice on timeframe?

Visitor
Arinko

The Xperia Z1 4.3 update has been available since late December 2013 for the generic Australian model. I debranded my phone and have been getting updates via PCC and OTA.

Established Member
jamesfisk
0 Kudos

@Yannick

Is it possible for you to phone the testers/appropriate people, to confirm whether the Samsung Note 2 firmware update was actually received on the 6th december?

Did the person responsible go on leave over christmas/new year or something?

To have no status update since "Samsung have delayed submission to 6 December", OVER a month ago.

The lack of communication in regard to this firmware is pretty pathetic.  Is it some ploy to make people buy the note 3 so they can use their galaxy gear?  

regards

james

(very frustrated)

Contributor
icanfly
0 Kudos

@jamesfisk

you would think these requests would be so simple and easy to get an answer yet its taken 2 weeks and no response

like getting blood from a stone. As I said earlier Optus and Voda have communications on these sorted out and an update was given recently. They have got the firmware

I guess one person is solely in charge of handset testing in this company and no person put in place if they get sick or go on holidays

bayleetaylor
0 Kudos

@Yannick 

I was informed by the Telstra 24/7 facebook page that an update for when the xperia z1 androud 4.3 update will be arriving as it was expected last monday. 

We really need an update for all updates for all phones because its at that point where its just taking too long 

Occasional Contributor
Lilmeh
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

@Yannick - so I'm still holding my breath for tomorrow for Xperia Z* update...

Please let us know if this is no longer slated so I don't have to keep checking my phone.

Contributor
icanfly
0 Kudos

I just noticed something hopeful

Optus only has the N7105, Telstra has the N7105T

In history the firmware for the unbranded N7105T arrived in Feb 2013. It was available for Telstra the same month

However the firmware for the optus N7105 wasnt available until March 2013 one month later

Given that Optus has just received their firmware for their N7105 if history repeats itself the Telstra N7105T should have got it s firmware before this date and this should be available before Optus's slated end of Jan / Feb release date

of course this is all speculation but at this stage with no info from Telstra it's all we have to go on.

A_Geek
0 Kudos

The table simply states Samsung Galaxy S3. Does this mean just the GT-I9300, THE GT-I9305T or both?

Ashley
0 Kudos

Hi A_Geek,

The model in the table is the 3G version. Updates for the S3 4G will come through separately and be marked as the S3 4G

Ashley

ynefel
0 Kudos

So the Xperia Z1 4.3 update originally read 6/1/2014, and has since changed to 16/12/2013? Can we get some clarification, please? I'm not fussed if the update has been delayed, but I've read three completely different dates from Telstra, the other being 16/1/2014. I just want an accurate date, is all - even if it's been delayed a month, just tell us.

Occasional Contributor
CLoSeR
0 Kudos

Patiently waiting for an update on the Jellybean 4.3 for the S3 4G i9305T model. 

New Contributor
needz1updatetod

Telstra Please post date for Sony Xperia Z1 4.3 not TBC "commit to something"

Telstra couldn't meet the 6th and still 10 days later no updates for the customers.

This is starting to get a little annoying and I'm sure other customers will agree with me. 

Can you please post a contact for escalation or complaints?