Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Telstra Products & Services Team
CraigR

Handset updates - 6 December

Hi all,

Apologies for the delay in this update but a lot has been happening over the last 2 weeks. I will keep this update short as well for the same reason.

• The Nokia N8 PR 3.1 Belle update is now deploying
  • The big big news – the ICS update for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 4G has finally been approved. It is expected to begin deployment soon. When we get a more accurate estimate of the deployment start date I will let everyone know.
  • Unfortunately Samsung have further delayed the submission of the Galaxy Nexus Jelly Bean update – this is now expected 7 December. We will aim to test and approve this update in 1 version.
  • Samsung have submitted another version of the Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy S 3 that fixes an issue identified by their QA team. This version is currently in Telstra testing.
  • HTC have further delayed the HTC One XL Jelly Bean update. It is now expected on 7 December and we will aim to test and approve in 1 version.
  • The Jelly Bean update for the Motorola RAZR HD has been approved by Telstra. Deployment is expected to commence by 17 December
  • The Jelly Bean update for the Motorola RAZR M has been received and is currently in Telstra testing

That’s all for this update.

Update status for this week*:

Handset  Update Status Expected test rounds Expected approval date Expected customer availability date Notes
Nokia N8 PR 3.1 "Belle Refresh" Now available 2 15/11/2012 29/11/2012 Now deploying as a FOTA update and via the Nokia Software Update tool
Samsung Galaxy S2 4G  Android 4.0 ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’ update Approved by Telstra - waiting for deployment by vendor 2 26/11/2012 10/12/2012 Approved 30 November. Currently waiting for deployment by Samsung
Samsung Galaxy Nexus  Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ update Waiting for initial vendor submission 2 December TBC Samsung is preparing an update but have further slipped the test submission. Current estimate for test submission is 7 December
HTC One XL Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ update Waiting for initial vendor submission 2 TBC TBC HTC is preparing a submission which is now expected 7 December. Customer availability expected before end-2012
HTC One S Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ update Waiting for initial vendor submission 2 TBC TBC HTC have delayed the submission of this update until early 2013.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ update Waiting for second FW submission 2 TBC TBC Testing complete on initial submission but unfortunately Samsung  has uncovered another issue that has necessitated a further test submission on 4 December. This version is currently in test.
Sony Xperia U Android 4.0 ‘Ice Cream Sandwich’ update Waiting for second FW submission 2 24/12/2012 7/01/2013 New FW submission required
Motorola RAZR HD Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ update Second round testing 2 3/12/2012 17/12/2012 Approved.
Motorola RAZR M Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ update First round testing 2 28/01/2013 8/02/2013 Test submission received and currently in test

* - Although accurate at time of publishing these dates are subject to change

Device Updates – Important Info & Terminology
Contributor
DeanM
0 Kudos

Re: Handset updates - 6 December

Sorry for my language Craig, but please stop bull**bleep**ting us on the Nexus update. You know Samsung won't get it to you.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

DeanM wrote:
Sorry for my language Craig, but please stop bull**bleep**ting us on the Nexus update. You know Samsung won't get it to you.

He isn't going to go against the advice that Samsung have provided :smileyhappy:

I hope that Samsung is forced to the back of the store after these issues..... just my 2c :smileyhappy:

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Contributor
DeanM
0 Kudos

Ben_F wrote:

DeanM wrote:

He isn't going to go against the advice that Samsung have provided :smileyhappy:

I hope that Samsung is forced to the back of the store after these issues..... just my 2c :smileyhappy:

B.

When an entities advice is consistently wrong, only a fool would expect it to be right the next time.  Would you believe someone who told you "Yes, I've given you incorrect information every week for the last 6 months, but I'm right this time! Honest!"?

Ben_F
0 Kudos

DeanM wrote:

Ben_F wrote:

DeanM wrote:

B.

When an entities advice is consistently wrong, only a fool would expect it to be right the next time.  Would you believe someone who told you "Yes, I've given you incorrect information every week for the last 6 months, but I'm right this time! Honest!"?

I agree with you, however what else is he going to say? "Samsung have told me X, however we all know they are a lying cheating bunch of scum and won't deliver"

What a great way to show professionalisim in the workplace :smileyhappy:

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

Motorola RAZR HD... Approved.. :smileyvery-happy:  11 days.. Can't wait!

Contributor
Bomples
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Disappointed! Samsung must be the most incompetent company on the planet. How is it they continue to delay the Galaxy Nexus update? The imagine has been built for months! And they just need to tweak it and deliver to Telstra. How  hard is that? I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Samsung's incompetence...

Contributor
dunners
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Bomples wrote:
Disappointed! Samsung must be the most incompetent company on the planet. How is it they continue to delay the Galaxy Nexus update? The imagine has been built for months! And they just need to tweak it and deliver to Telstra. How hard is that? Sorry for the language just increasingly frustrated with Samsung's incompetence...

My guess is Samsung wants to prioritise it's own phones. Because the Nexus is a 'Google' phone they probs deem it less important. It could also be the reason why Google decided to switch from Samsung to LG the the Nexus 4

yaoiboi
0 Kudos

Fingers crossed for a quick testing on the SGS3 jellybean.
I wonder if voda ended up releasing their version that was approved...
New Contributor
harold_257
0 Kudos

Occasional Contributor
tryanc
0 Kudos

here i was getting my mate on voda so excited for getting the update before me :smileytongue: hehe
glimmerman
0 Kudos

Hi Craig,

I've noticed that several of the last updates in relation to the Galaxy Nexus update state that submission is slipped, expected to be the very next day after you update.

Are you able to if it's expected to be tomorrow and you are posting today to say it's slipped just wait until tomorrow and then tell us.

I'm dying to get this update or get away from this phone and buy something else that hopefully will get the updates submitted faster (or buy something from overseas which most support Optus frequencies but not Next G's - so through loyalty in sticking with Telstra I'm not buying from overseas and switching to a carrier that supports an overseas phone and this I am not getting enjoyment from my devices and missing out on some that I could buy outright and use on another network).

I keep coming on, reading the updates and thinking great tomorrow the update might be out, check back for a fornight to be told it could be tomorrow and so on.

Obviously this is not your fault at all what Samsung is doing, they are just trying to get their own in house devices to the top of the list whilst forcing this one down the list.

But the information we are getting (it's great we are getting it) is just annoying to keep reading it could be tomorrow, just wait 24 hours, and we might have good news immediately.

New Contributor
Dalez84

Can you please give us an update on the HTC one xl since tomorrow is December 7? Just so I know if you received the update or not. Thanks
yaoiboi
0 Kudos

harold_257 wrote:

nope, typical vodafone failed once again
http://blog.vodafone.com.au/blog/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-jelly-bean-update-23112012/

hahahaha Thats hilarious

Occasional Contributor
theone344

Have to say, jelly bean is awesome!
Muithe
0 Kudos

Hiya, have you heard any news on the s2 (non lte) getting JB?
New Contributor
harold_257
0 Kudos

Muithe wrote:
Hiya, have you heard any news on the s2 (non lte) getting JB?

ive just checked other providers and they are testing JB for the SGS2 (non 4G)

Contributor
Fungus101
0 Kudos

http://www.extragsm.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-gets-an...

Contributor
DeanM
0 Kudos

Re: http://www.extragsm.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s-iii-gets-an...

Turns out Vodafone got their Nexus update on Wednesday.....
glimmerman
0 Kudos

Yeah this is looking like finally Jelly Bean will come to our handsets, if one carrier has it for testing several days ago, Telstra should definitely have it very soon considering they are likely the largest carrier in Australia

Contributor
DeanM
0 Kudos

glimmerman wrote:

Yeah this is looking like finally Jelly Bean will come to our handsets, if one carrier has it for testing several days ago, Telstra should definitely have it very soon considering they are likely the largest carrier in Australia

Largest in Australia.  Vodafone gets it first because they're a multinational, the question is how many weeks delay it is until Telstra gets it.  (Full pessimist mode engaged here, it should just be days but I'm going with weeks.)

glimmerman
0 Kudos

DeanM wrote:

glimmerman wrote:

Largest in Australia.  Vodafone gets it first because they're a multinational, the question is how many weeks delay it is until Telstra gets it.  (Full pessimist mode engaged here, it should just be days but I'm going with weeks.)

Yeah that makes no sense to me, because Internationally it shouldn't matter how big a company is, since what they use in Australia is most likely specific to Australia so should take the same amount of time between Australian carriers once it's ready for release.

Contributor
DeanM
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Comeon Craig, Vodafone's expecting to have their testing of the Nexus update DONE today! And you havent even told us if you've recieved it yet.

Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

glimmerman wrote:

Yeah that makes no sense to me, because Internationally it shouldn't matter how big a company is, since what they use in Australia is most likely specific to Australia so should take the same amount of time between Australian carriers once it's ready for release.

The variant is only released in Australia, but given that Vodafone is an international company, they're more interested, seemingly, in keeping them onside, and so Vodafone get the preferential treatment..

That said.. I haven't seen it happen quite so blatantly with any other phone manufacturer..

S2 4G gets ICS in 3 days.. Motorola RAZR HD gets JB in 10..  Um... 

New Contributor
muzza
0 Kudos

Since you're currently testing the S3 Jelly Bean update n...

Since you're currently testing the S3 Jelly Bean update now, are you able to provide an estimated date of release? Will we get this before Christmas?

Any idea when you will be receiving 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 for the S3 to test?

Community Leader
DEANJA

Re: Since you're currently testing the S3 Jelly Bean update n...

Had it with all the lame excuses that Telstra and it's PR people dream up about phone releases and updates.

So Vodfone are testing already the Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Note 1, not a bleep from Telstra Note owners. And before some goose steps in with the Vodfone being a big International carrier, they aren't in Australia, the basic Jelly Bean update will be the same for carrier to carrier, all they have to do is tweek the radio firmware and their Bloatware.

I know it's always Samsungs Fault, HTC's Fault etc. etc. well sorry but the line is wearing very thin.

Like the procrasted release of the Samsung Galaxy Note 11 by Telstra, the same as the release of the first, bull dust.

If I have provided an answer, or posed a question that helps or interests you, your KUDOS vote would be appreciated.
If I or anyone has provided a solution, you'll help others if you mark our answer as the Solution.
NB: I am NOT a Telstra employee, just another customer like you.

Thanks
Jeff
Established Member
Ethicwinslol
0 Kudos

Re: Since you're currently testing the S3 Jelly Bean update n...

[ Edited ]

You state that Vodafone are already at the stage of testing JB update for the Galaxy Note, then please go ahead. Cancel your contract with Telstra and join sign up to be a Vodafone customer.

To make things worst for yourself, you say that you're aware the blame does not lie within Telstra's hands, and the phone manufacturers are the ones to blame yet you still complain? 

Tears don't belong in forums.

I'm not having a go at you at all, I'm just being honest. Obviously we're all eagerly awaiting software updates for our respective devices, please bare in mind that there are very basic ways to update your device to any official firmware released to date. I'm assuming you're going to mention warranty issues, but again - it just takes a little research to find out more information about this topic :smileyhappy:

Post edited to remove inappropriate content 

Occasional Visitor
firmware_maybe

I'm so tired of the blame game happening between Telstra and Samsung.  It really is pathetic.

All I see is an organisation in disarray due to obvious failures in commercial and contractural agreements and an apathetic team that seems content to point fingers rather than address root cause.  The shocking delay in getting an update for (insert half a dozen phones here) is most likely down to one or more of the following:

1. Telstra understaffing the team that customises the updated ROMs
  2. Insufficient or non-existent Service Level Agreements with Samsung.
  3. Samsung not meeting it's obligations (although it doesn't sound like there's much of a contract in place).

Here's the thing though....the excuses have been flowing for months.  What is obviously a systemic issue surely could have been fixed during this time.  Not enough Telstra staff?  Get more.  Having problems with Samsung?  Get the lawyers in.  Telstra is a big, grown up company and has enough clout to fix these things.

Anyway, I was shocked to see that ICS *may* get relased for the S2 4G on Monday.  I'll be shocked if it happens, so I won't be holding my breath.

if it doesn't get released, I urge anyone with the Samsung S2 4G to contact the ACCC, TIO or any other consumer affairs group that might acually force Telstra to deliver on it's advertisments.  I really should have walked into a Telstra store before now and returned the phone because this is the first time I've ever had a new phone where the provider has somehow managed to maintain the software version at n-1 for the lifetime of the product, after spruiking the fact that they were going to support the new version!

Not cool for a high end phone and not good for repeat business.

So after Android 4.0 (ICS) support was advertised way back in March 2012, it's taken approximately 8 months to complete.  Who could forget JellyBean though?  Telstra shold really commit to releasing JellyBean ASAP for the S2 4G to make up for this farce.

Ben_F
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

firmware_maybe wrote:

All I see is an organisation in disarray due to obvious failures in commercial and contractural agreements and an apathetic team that seems content to point fingers rather than address root cause.  The shocking delay in getting an update for (insert half a dozen phones here) is most likely down to one or more of the following:

1. Telstra understaffing the team that customises the updated ROMs
  2. Insufficient or non-existent Service Level Agreements with Samsung.
  3. Samsung not meeting it's obligations (although it doesn't sound like there's much of a contract in place).

1 - Telstra doesn't "Customise" ROMs or Cut Code. This has been explained already at   Device Updates – Important Info & Terminology:

Telstra itself does not modify the firmware of devices at all – we have no access to it nor the necessary skill set to “cut code”.

What Telstra does do through its testing process is identify issues such as software bugs, non compliance to industry standards, non compliance to regulatory standards, sub-optimal performance on the network, user experience issues, interworking issues with the Telstra network etc. to the device manufacturer.

2 - I don't know if there would be an SLA on Software Updates to be fair

3 - I doubt there are actual obligations placed on Samsung to release these sort of updates.

firmware_maybe wrote:

Here's the thing though....the excuses have been flowing for months.  What is obviously a systemic issue surely could have been fixed during this time.  Not enough Telstra staff?  Get more.  Having problems with Samsung?  Get the lawyers in.  Telstra is a big, grown up company and has enough clout to fix these things.

Because thats what you do to a company that you buy heaps of well liked products from.... Sue them, which means that you loose *any* preferential treatment you had. A great way to improve Supplier Relations

firmware_maybe wrote: 

if it doesn't get released, I urge anyone with the Samsung S2 4G to contact the ACCC, TIO or any other consumer affairs group that might acually force Telstra to deliver on it's advertisments. 

As has already been discussed, you are entitled to seek a refund, repair or replacement if the product does not do what Telstra says it will do. Thats your legal right. The TIO cannot compel Telstra to produce a new version, nor can the ACCC, nor can a lawsuit or any other "Fair Trading" body.

firmware_maybe wrote:

So after Android 4.0 (ICS) support was advertised way back in March 2012, it's taken approximately 8 months to complete.  Who could forget JellyBean though?  Telstra shold really commit to releasing JellyBean ASAP for the S2 4G to make up for this farce.

I think that is the most stupid idea I've heard when it comes to handset updates. Why in God's name would Telstra commit to releasing JB on a device which it has to kick and scream at Samsung to get ICS for? That is just setting the company up for a storm.

B.

New Users - Click Here!

Contributor
DeanM
0 Kudos

I have to agree with Ben here. Telstra is quite limited in what they can do, about the only thing people who aren't happy are able to do is not buy Samsung products in the future. If they lose enough repeat sales, they might listen.

What I am confused about is why Craig has not announced that they have the rom yet. If there are no Telstra specific customisations, then why don't they have the ROM that Vodafone has? I don't think even Samsung would be stupid enough to give one company a rom and withhold it from others when the rom is identical. And I'd like to think that Craig would say when the recieved it.
Occasional Contributor
Adza
0 Kudos

Gee, Telstra get slammed for not telling people about updates and what is happening, so they have someone here providing regular updates and they still get slammed?

I for one appreciate the updates, it makes you stop wondering what's happening. This update problem is not just Telstra, nor is it just Samsung or any other company. Everyone is finding it difficult to keep up with various Android versions. 

A company is not compelled, nor obliged to keep updating telephone software despite what is said. Ultimately you need to go back to Samsung or other phone manufacturers if you do wish to complain, not Telstra.

Telstra Employee
KrayzeeKev
0 Kudos

What I am confused about is why Craig has not announced that they have the rom yet. If there are no Telstra specific customisations, then why don't they have the ROM that Vodafone has? I don't think even Samsung would be stupid enough to give one company a rom and withhold it from others when the rom is identical. And I'd like to think that Craig would say when the recieved it.

If Craig hasn't said he has the ROM then he almost certainly doesn't. It is a false assumption that Telstra gets ROMs at the same time as Voda & Optus. For whatever reason. Both Voda & Optus are large multi-national companies. They use different frequencies to Telstra. All manner of differences.

One thing this subject has taught us is that many of the public assumptions are wrong. 

* Google can announce an OS is released - this means very little until the manufacturers are done with it

* Manufacturers have their own schedules, their own reasons, whatever for planning their rollouts

* Telstra does not just site on updates for no reason. They have a process with quite a determinate time frame (subject to faults being found, of course) and now, a very honest and regular disclosure of the information.

Whether you think that makes Samsung stupid is subjective and I shant comment :-)

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
Contributor
DeanM
0 Kudos

Well, I definitely think they're stupid, considering they still have this on their AU product page for the Galaxy Nexus - 

Pure Google

GALAXY Nexus users enjoy quick access to the latest updates and services directly from Google. First in line for software upgrades and new established Google-based features such as Gmail and Google Talk merge with newer offerings like Music Beta across a fully integrated and easily accessible user interface.

It's false advertising, but there's about a 0% chance of that actually sticking anywhere that matters.  If Telstra doesn't have the new version this week, I'm doing it myself - at least we have that option.  I find it unfortunate that Samsung's communication is so woeful that the telco's cop all the flak from the consumers since they're the only ones who provide updates.

And although it might be a false assumption that they get the ROM's at the same time, there's A - no reason they shouldn't, and B - reading back they seem to be very very close in the past with the time discrepancies mainly down to the time required to test the device.  Of course, no reason they shouldn't doesn't really appear to hold much value with Samsung.

Anyway, next phone will not be bought through a telco on a plan.  It'll be bought direct from Google.
Occasional Contributor
Corruptor
0 Kudos

My Motorola HD is currently downloading a ~289MB update which I am hoping is JB :smileyhappy:.

I love that the forum is frequently updated, however, can I suggest a link from the main Telstra web site under Device Updates to the forum, as the tablet page particularly is out of date (updated 10th July 2012) at http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-tablets/tablets/index.htm

I understand the pain of waiting for software upgrades, I myself have a Galaxy Tab 8.9 4G for which I am eagerly awaiting the ICS update, but there is no point bitterly complaining when the updates are delayed, it is clear that the Telstra team are working hard on these updates and that's all we can ask.

If you are so eager to be on the bleeding edge, then get yourself over to XDA and install a custom ROM. I myself have done this in the past (they have some fantastic HTC One XL ROMs over there for instance). Otherwise, if you can't be bothered going to that effort (which I can't any more), then just chill out and enjoy your device while you are waiting!

Although I am Telstra staff, any views express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra.
Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

Corruptor - RAZR HD?  It'd be ironic - I replaced my SGSII 4G with the RAZR HD..  The beautiful poetic symmetry would be having it upgraded to JB on the day the S2 got ICS..   Do Telstra Employees get updates early?  (I'm actually okay with that! :smileywink: ).. Just wondering if I should keep hitting refresh on my phone update.. :smileywink:

Contributor
maxwellnotsmart

"    ....it is clear that the Telstra team are working hard on these updates and that's all we can ask  "

I dont think there's anything about this that I agree

Your user tag says that youre a Telstra Employee, then your post encourages people to hack their phones , voiding their waranty and possibly bricking their phones.  Really?  So if they have any problem, they should just contact the service department and inform them how on the official Telstra Support forum, a Telstra Employee told them to head over to XDA and install a custom rom?  No warnings?  No heads-up on the implications ?

Really?   This is our hardworking Telstra Team in action?  

Well, I'm glad you're not fighting for my side then.

kanemari

Im pretty sure that any 'pure google' device you buy from a telco will have a telco version of the firmware on it, which means you have an additional round of testing getting in the way of your releases, and when you are an Australian telco with a relatively small user base comparitively to the likes of your AT&T and Verizons, you would inevitably get pushed to the back of the queue for your personalised carrier updates.

This isnt necessarily a bad thing mind you. Telstra has a rigourous testing regime that may take longer but it ensures you have stable firmware on the device. I mean, you would hate to get a rushed update then realise that your emergency services capability didnt work (i.e. you can always dial 000 even when the phone is locked) when you needed it in a crisis situation.

Personally, I have installed pure google over my Telstra device, which means i get all the updates directly from Google when they release it. This has led to a few app breakages though, since most apps arent compatible with the new OS as soon as it comes out. It all depends on your level of comfort. That being said, Ive been on Android 4.2.1 for a few weeks now. Its amazing.

You do have options, but complaining isnt going to make Samsung deliver any faster or drastically up their quality :smileyhappy: As far as buying directly from Google, thats your only choice with the Nexus 10 & 4 anyway.

Contributor
beetle84
0 Kudos

what a joke, no update for s2 4g yet, shuld have known telstra......

Contributor
beetle84
0 Kudos

*should

Occasional Contributor
theone344
0 Kudos

Haha no update for S2 4G? LOL I'm so glad I got out of this mess long time ago. Currently enjoying Jelly Bean on my Galaxy Note 2 LTE and Galaxy S3 LTE ^^
Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

Maybe I'll get JB before the S2 4G gets ICS.. Mmmm... :smileywink:

sneakybugger
0 Kudos

well should i have expected any more from telstra, other then to stuff us around, AGAIN.

it is now 9:20 at night EDST and the thing that peevs me off the most is that they wont post anything to say why it hasnt come out when they said it would and they wont tell us when it will, the fact that the update has take this long is a joke, how about you start providing regular updates,  daily  rather then once a week !

Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

As far as I remember, Samsung were responsible for deployment.. However.. Telstra should have spoken to them and got the reason for (Shock Horror!) yet another delay.. 

Contributor
beetle84
0 Kudos

Put in complaint number two tonite, already sent phone away once, telstra says waiting on samsung to release ics, samsung says telstra will release ics, not them....
What a load of crap, pass the buck as usual. Hopefully they will swap this piece of s*&t ASAP
Contributor
dunners
0 Kudos

beetle84 wrote:
 telstra says waiting on samsung to release ics, samsung says telstra will release ics, not them....

Back at the start of this topic Craig said "the ICS update for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 4G has finally been approved the ICS update for the Samsung Galaxy S 2 4G has finally been approved"

This means that Telstra have approved the update and it's now up to Samsung to deploy it.

glimmerman
0 Kudos

So any news on Jelly Bean for the nexus? Or will next January on January the 8th will we get another status update stating its due on January 9th? I'm sick of this phone, I have no problems with us but I bought it to be at the for front of the updates, next time Telstra brings one out, I'd suggest Telstra going direct to Google to ensure that's where the updates come from. Samsung products I won't ever buy again.
Telstra Employee
KrayzeeKev
0 Kudos

maxwellnotsmart wrote:

Your user tag says that youre a Telstra Employee, then your post encourages people to hack their phones , voiding their waranty and possibly bricking their phones.  Really?  So if they have any problem, they should just contact the service department and inform them how on the official Telstra Support forum, a Telstra Employee told them to head over to XDA and install a custom rom?  No warnings?  No heads-up on the implications ?

One: This is NOT an official Telstra Support forum. It's CROWDSUPPORT. That means that customers (and others) help each other out. The 24x7 online support people do hang out here but this forum is not any official support service at all.

Two: Telstra employees are tagged as such in accordance with the Telstra 3Rs policy on social media. The relevant "R" here is "Representation" - make sure people know who you are so that no potential conflicts of interest remain hidden.

Three: I agree that anybody recommending others to install a custom ROM should warn of the consequences but nobody is under any obligation to do so. It's just a reasonable thing to do.

Really?   This is our hardworking Telstra Team in action?  

I'm pretty sure the people posting here are not the same ones that test handset updates.

--
Kevin
[ I am a Telstra Employee however my posts here are done in a personal capacity.]
New Contributor
TheGame316
0 Kudos

Two questions
1. Any update on the S2 4G ics rollout which was due yesterday.
2. Has anybody received this update yet?
New Contributor
TheGame316
0 Kudos

Krayzee Kev, you say this is not an official support forum. Well then, where is the official support forum for this type of situation.
Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

TheGame316 wrote:
Krayzee Kev, you say this is not an official support forum. Well then, where is the official support forum for this type of situation.

I actually concur - this might be a place for the crowd to offer support, but given that there is still official representation (CraigR, moderators, etc.) that are Telstra employees..  Can't have it both ways - if you're a telstra employee, on or off the clock, what you say here reflects the brand.. 

>