Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

jimbags87
0 Kudos

ICS update for S2 4G still not here due out today?

just wondering if this update will ever be released you cant advertise a phone as upgradable and then not release the update, that little bit of false advertising was one of the tipping points in me choosing this phone or i woulda waited for the S3!!!!!!!

Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

Read the latest on that sad sorry debacle here:    http:/...

Read the latest on that sad sorry debacle here: 

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Updates/Delays-with-Galaxy-S-2-4G-Galaxy-Tab-8-9-quot-I...

It's a joke, the phone is a joke... And no one's laughing..

(currently working through a complaint because the battery life of the phone is deplorable, and whilst I was almost prepared to wait to see the difference ICS made.. I'm over waiting...)

jimbags87
0 Kudos

yeah its crazy surely its false advertising or something,...

yeah its crazy surely its false advertising or something, would of just waited for the S3 4G if i knew it would take this long... im stuck with it now tho, and when i talked to a telstra rep online, they couldnt even understan the S2 4G was different to the standard S2. so frustrating... anyone know of our rights here about exchanges and such? im guess we have to pay?

Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

Re: yeah its crazy surely its false advertising or something,...

The delays in the update is not something that the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman can intervene in, however if the phone is not performing as you were advised it would, and is not fit for the purpose purchased..  That is something that they can intervene in..  First step is lodge a complaint through the Telstra website.. If you're not satisfied with their response, (geez, I sound like the **bleep** ad! :smileytongue:), you can then lodge a complaint with the TIO and see where you end up from there..

A few have already worked through the process regarding this phone, I'm currently working my way through it.. My view is that when a pattern presents like this, Telstra should actually take the initiative and be proactive in allowing those who feel like they've been misled the opportunity to upgrade without penalty as a good customer service exercise..

A man can dream, right? :smileywink:

jimbags87
0 Kudos

yeah if only it was that easy right? shouldnt advertise in store as upgradable to ICS when clearly it is not... that was one of the main reasons i didnt wait for the S3 4G :smileysad:
Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

I was upgrading from the HTC Desire that was dying, and was sold on the fact that this phone would give me bonuses of access to 4g and other goodness beyond my Desire.. But flawed as it was, at least my Desire lasted the day!!  

3 hours talk time, 250 hours standby...  I don't even get close to that.. .:s

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

Expected availability is now 3rd December..... @ Odds of 4/1, subject to change :smileywink:

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Contributor
dunners
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Ben_F wrote:

Expected availability is now 3rd December..... @ Odds of 4/1, subject to change :smileywink:

To all the guys waiting, I think you have a  better chance of winning the lotto tonight :smileywink:

Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

hehe, I'm definitely with you on that one dunners.. and I haven't even bought a ticket.. :smileywink:

Occasional Contributor
jimbo85

haydencoonan wrote:

I was upgrading from the HTC Desire that was dying, and was sold on the fact that this phone would give me bonuses of access to 4g and other goodness beyond my Desire.. But flawed as it was, at least my Desire lasted the day!!  

3 hours talk time, 250 hours standby...  I don't even get close to that.. .:s

I mentioned the 250 hours standby time to a Telstra rep and was told and I quote, " Standby time is measured when there is no sim in the phone and no data access " ...... Seems like a very useful stat to me!

Super Contributor
haydencoonan
0 Kudos

That's like measuring fuel economy based on the car not running...  idjuts..

jimbags87
0 Kudos

3rd of decmber your joking right ICS is already outdated, should just give us jellybean now! aaaaarrrgh! getting so tempted to go 3rd party but need my phone for work! :smileysad:

Contributor
Magikarp
0 Kudos

Re: ICS update for S2 4G still not here due out today?

Yep. It's been delayed again.

You know, we purchase these devices being promised by Telstra staff that the update'll come soon. 6 months later, it's still being delayed. Users miss out due to the lack of features that ICS brings; newer app support, Chrome, a superior OS, better multitasking...

It's been marketed by Telstra as a high end device. Being advertised by them for ages. All we want is to actually get software support for our hardware that we've signed up for a 2 year contract to obtain. And maybe for Telstra to stop lying to their customers.

Contributor
wdtvandsound
0 Kudos

Re: ICS update for S2 4G still not here due out today?

[ Edited ]

Yep. It's been delayed again.

You know, we purchase these devices being promised by Telstra staff that the update'll come soon. 6 months later, it's still being delayed. Users miss out due to the lack of features that ICS brings; newer app support, Chrome, a superior OS, better multitasking...

It's been marketed by Telstra as a high end device. Being advertised by them for ages. All we want is to actually get software support for our hardware that we've signed up for a 2 year contract to obtain. And maybe for Telstra to stop lying to their customers.

grumm
0 Kudos

ics download

[ Edited ]

Hi can you please send links to ics or jellybean please as i have been looking for ages if you can please send to

ty graham.

Post edited to remove email address to protect your privacy :smileyhappy: 

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Re: ics download

grumm wrote:

Hi can you please send links to ics or jellybean please as i have been looking for ages

There is no release that you *should* receive assistance in getting from here, as it hasn't been released officially yet: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Device-Updates/Handset-updates-19-January-2013/td-p/119990

There are of course ways to do these things without breaking the rules, however they do void your warranty should you not know how to do them.

Put simply, if you know what you are doing, you will know where to find what you are seeking :smileyhappy:

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

>