My Account &
- DOT (Digital Office Technology)™89
- T-Suite Applications362
- General Telstra Business164
- My Account For Business163
- Business Mobile Broadband155
- Business Broadband Solutions158
- Business Mobiles352
- Business & Enterprise Connect & Discuss7
- Mobile Device Management15
- ** Business Apple iPhone 5s & 5c **13
- T Analyst™3
- Business Telstra 24x7 App1
on 21-04-2013 11:25 AM
Also, use this link for Nokia Care Suite - http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/fds_fire/1301/0
Hope that helps!
on 21-04-2013 05:44 PM
on 21-04-2013 06:29 PM
Thanks for the hint! It helped.
Gone through the Program - Recovery process, but the software still failed to detect the phone connection after I had soft reset the phone and put it into programming mode. Tried a few times and it was always the same. Very disappointed!
Guess I am stuck here now... waiting for Telstra to release the FW update!
on 21-04-2013 08:36 PM
I just picked up this new unit. So wondering if I have issues should I wait out the 30 days or just bite the bullet.
This generic firmware would be the one thats on the unlocked phones you get from Hardly Normal and the likes. I do have a client I am seeing on Wed and he got his from there. Can see how he goes.
Also Schikitar I run an App called LastBootUpTime. Yes no spaces. I got it when portico came out to check my phone wasn't actually just restarting randomly anymore. I got to 9 days before my last phone started freezing, hardware failure that led to a horrible double repair from Telstra (they sent it back broken the first time). I have since had more issues and with a TIO complaint about the first screw up I had that one cancelled and recontracted with this new one. Anyway back on topic with this app or a similar one if you dan't have you can see exactly how long it goes for. Be good to see if you get all the achievemnts up to 1 month. I only ever had the one day and one week one. (no they are not Xbox achievements just a gimick)
03-05-2013 01:28 PM - edited 03-05-2013 01:40 PM
The GDR2 update for the Lumia 920 has not been provided to Telstra for testing yet. Nokia have informed us that they are expecting to submit in mid-May and have not been able to bring that date in any further. I will include schedule details in the next status update post which I hope to have out in a weeks time.
on 04-05-2013 12:33 AM
GDR2 and the 1308 version firmware are two different updates, my wifes lumia 820 got the 1308 update a couple of days ago. It has some handy storage managment and bug fixes, also camera fixes. It has been released in many countries and Aus with other carriers but not Telstra, is this one of the updates Telstra will skip and wait for GDR2??
It would be nice to get every update for our phones as it would save us frustration and also save Telstra time and money cause the bug fixes would solve the problems we have to bring our phones back to the store to be fixed
1308 needs to be pushed...Cheers.
on 04-05-2013 01:31 PM
I'm very disappointed with Telstra. 1308 and 1314 have both been released overseas to fix all problems, yet Telstra doesn't out this on their priority to release
My 920 takes the worst blurry photos and keeps shutting off when I have WiFi enabled. So I've had to turn off WiFi for the past 4 months. Plus Telstra doesn't permit auto upload of full size photos to SkyDrive. Nokia and Telstra should feel shamed by this.
on 06-05-2013 01:42 AM
I had a friend recently go through the process of of updating their Telstra Lumia 920 and apparently it was a bit harder than expected because some resources went missing or something?
Anyway, here's the complete step by step process she went through to make it happen with update 1314 - I'm posting it here in case it helps anyone else out there:
1. Back up the phone any way you can. This process could potentially break your phone, and may mess with your warranty. Then disconnect your phone if it's connected to your PC.
2. Download and install the Nokia Care Suite 5.0: http://nds2.fds-fire.nokia.com/p/d/fds_fire/1301/0
3. From "Application Launcher" launch "Product Support Tool for Store 5.0"
4. Go to Tools >> Firmware Update and use "059Q9P4" as the product code. The colour referenced only has an effect on the initial colour of the tiles. This code is for a black phone. If you don't have a black one, no sweat.
5. Hit "Check online" and then download (with "Optional content files" selected)
6. Wait for the package to download and then close the download box. After the download completes, close the Product Support Tool and reopen it.
7. Uncheck "Automatic Product Selection"
8. Go to File >> Open and type 821 in the filter box, then select the Lumia 920 and click "Open"
9. In the bottom left, go Programming >> Recovery, then hit "Start" and wait for the program to NOT find the phone, then connect your phone and follow the on screen instructions (1, 2, 3).
10. You may recieve a message about a 'not assigned product code' - click okay.
11. The device begins to flash and the screen of your phone shows a progress bar.
12. After success, a "Recovery complete" message appears. Press OK. The phone may take a while to restart.
on 06-05-2013 08:33 AM
Apologies - I thought the main part of the question was around GDR2. The 1308 update was in the final stages of Telstra testing back in March but Nokia retracted the update. We have almost completed testing a new version (1314) - the approval for that is due today and this should see deployments commencing within 10 business days - this timeline is yet to be confirmed with Nokia though.
The status of these minor updates is not generally published as there are simply too many of them to manage. To give you an idea of the volume, we have 20 handset/tablets currently in test, and to date this financial year Telstra have tested/approved over 80 handset/tablet updates.
06-05-2013 08:36 AM - edited 06-05-2013 09:10 AM