CROWDSUPPORT ®

joyr
0 Kudos

Caller number blocking

Is it possible to have a caller blocked? My daughter is receiving violent messages and pictures from an unstable person. Can i request Telstra to block the caller? It doesnt appear to be an option in the mobile phone/iPhone settings.

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

Re: Caller number blocking

joyr wrote:

Is it possible to have a caller blocked? My daughter is receiving violent messages and pictures from an unstable person. Can i request Telstra to block the caller? It doesnt appear to be an option in the mobile phone/iPhone settings.

Regretfully, I don't believe this is something that can be done.

Telstra has information on Unwelcome Calls at http://telstra.com.au/abouttelstra/advice/unwelcome-calls/

It is against the law to use a Telephone Service to Menace or harrass, or to make threatening phone calls. Its also an offence to threaten the life of someone using a Telephone service. If this is happening to your daughter, I would encourage you to contact the Police on 131 444 (or 000 if you feel that a life is in Danger).

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

I think Ben's advice above is the best that can be offered at this point.

Can i request Telstra to block the caller?

It's not a service option that is offered by Telstra to consumers, as far as I'm aware.

It doesnt appear to be an option in the mobile phone/iPhone settings.

I don't mean to sound flippant, but surely there's an app for that? (I don't use an iPhone, so I don't actually know, but a Google search for "iPhone call blocking app" returned a large number of links, including some that – at face value – suggest such apps are available, but of course I can't test them out myself, sorry.)

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

I don't mean to sound flippant, but surely there's an app for that? (I don't use an iPhone, so I don't actually know, but a Google search for "iPhone call blocking app" returned a large number of links, including some that – at face value – suggest such apps are available, but of course I can't test them out myself, sorry.)

Hey Drat,

Due to the way the iPhone works, there isn't an app available for (Non-Jailbroken) iPhones which allows that functionality.

Jailbreaking (as I'm sure you know, but for everyone else's reference) does void your warranty, so I recommend not trying it unless you know what you are doing :smileyhappy:

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!