Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
cparnham

Credit Me2U – how it works

[ Edited ]

Registering for Credit Me2U

In order to use Credit Me2U, you need to accept the terms and conditions for using the service. We refer to this as registration. When you use Credit Me2U for the first time using either the BigPond portal icon or by dialing #100# on your personal Telstra Post-Paid mobile phone, you will be asked to ‘register’ prior to making a transfer. Registration is real-time, so once you select “Register” you’ll be able to make your credit transfer straight away.

More information and instructions for Credit Me2U credit transfers are available here.

How do I make a Credit Me2U credit transfer?

You can either make a one-off credit transfer of up to $15, or if you create a 4-digit PIN you can make a one-off transfer of up to $100 anytime using your personal Telstra Post-Paid mobile phone. You can also set up scheduled monthly transfers.

More information and instructions for Credit Me2U credit transfers are available here.

Can I make a Credit Me2U credit transfer to any Telstra Pre-Paid mobile number?

Yes, provided the Telstra Pre-Paid mobile service is active, you can make a Credit Me2U credit transfer from your personal Telstra Post-Paid mobile phone to any Telstra Pre-Paid mobile number.

Are there limits to the amount I can transfer each time and per month?

Yes, depending on the type of Credit Me2U credit transfer you choose to make from your personal Telstra Post-Paid mobile phone, different credit transfer values apply. In addition, there are maximum amounts per month for one-off credit transfers, scheduled transfers and a combination of both.

More information on the Credit Me2U credit transfer values and monthly limits are available here.

Is there a charge to make a Credit Me2U credit transfer?

Yes, there is a 25c charge for each successful credit transfer. This charge along with any Telstra Credit Me2U transfer amount will be charged to your personal Telstra mobile plan bill, in addition to your monthly plan charge. Make sure you check the mobile phone number and amount before sending, as transferred credit can’t be reversed or cancelled once confirmed.

"Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra."
Visitor
mrsldtaylor

Re: Credit Me2U – how it works

If I have the $79 Freedom plan that gives me $800 of calls and 2 Gb data, does the credit-me-to-u come off the $79 or the $800?

If I send $15 worth of data, what is the rate that the prepaid charges? Is it $2 per Mb?

Can I credit me-to-u to a number that is in a prepaid USB internet stick? What will be the cost per Mb/Gb?

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
cparnham

[ Edited ]

Hi,

If you transfer $15 credit, it gets added on top of the $79 monthly recurring charges, not deducted from your $800 worth of call credit. The $15 credit is used up at the rate of your Pre-Paid buddy's selected Pre-Paid Offer. You can see our Pre-Paid Mobile rates here - www.telstra.com.au/mobile/prepaid/prepaid-offers/

And yes, you can transfer to a Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband service number - again, the rate will be dependent on their standard Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband data charges. You can see our Pre-Paid Mobile Broadband rates here -http://www.telstra.com.au/internet/mobile-broadband-prepaid/rates/ 

Thanks, Craig

"Although I am Telstra staff, any views I express are my own and don't necessarily reflect those of Telstra."
Occasional Visitor
rhyme

Oh no! I misunderstood and thought it came from my monthly call credit. The promotional info was not very clear. :smileysurprised: I just transferred $100 to a friend. Is there any way I can reverse that?

Occasional Visitor
philD
0 Kudos

hi i have an android 3.22 running on telstra"s Pre-paid.

I can credit me2u with #100#

but if I use my telstra browser, It will not let me transfer at the "confirm" button .

post-paid have a registration before use section ,but this is absent in my pre-paid "MY Account" page

is there a way for me to implement credit me2u on my browser?

thanks philD

lace_68
0 Kudos

Re: Credit Me2U – how it doesn't work for me

Dear PhilD

I have a postpaid handset and have been unable to register via #100#, it falls over at registration (that's even if it gets that far).  The BP portal falls over at different stages too and I cannot register through that on the handset.  It didn't work on my previous handset either.  I've been trying for a little over two weeks to do this now.

Been on the phone with Telstra and nobody seems to know what the problem is, i've even been told on a couple of occasions that you cannot transfer from post paid to prepaid.

I tried using a different browser on my phone too, but that didn't work either.  Tried clearing cache, cookies, accepting popups and whatever else I could think of.  I'm at a loss, starting to wonder if it is an account setting.

I'd be interested if you got any feedback with your problem, I can't be the only person experiencing this difficulty.  I'll keep checking back on this post.

Thanks

LindaA

Occasional Visitor
drcoggles

I have also been caught with this one. I believe this is a gross misrepresentation by Telstra. It is not a transfer of credit at all, it is simply booking ccredit to your post paid account. Shame on you Telstra!

Spacebar

Hi

This is a quote from your me2u webpage

"The Credit Me2U service is a handy option that allows you to transfer credit from your Telstra Pre-Paid or post-paid mobile service to another Telstra Pre-Paid service."

If you are saying that the transfers get added to your plan charge then you are making false and very misleading statements, as it clearly states "credit".

Andy

Occasional Visitor
sgt_schultz
0 Kudos

Andy, read closer ...

With post-paid Credit Me2U, you can perform a one-off credit transfer or set up a regular scheduled transfer to a Telstra Pre-Paid mobile.

1. Click on the BigPond portal on your Telstra post-paid 3G/Next G handset.
  2. Access My Account via the My tab.
  3. Select Pre-Paid Transfer.
  4. Choose the Mobile account (Credit Me2U) option and follow the prompts. Recurring transfers need to be set up 24 hours in advance and require you to create a PIN. There is a 25c charge for each successful credit transfer. Any amount credited will be charged to your post-paid mobile bill, in addition to the monthly access charge.

Or you can access My Pre-Paid by pressing #100# Send on your Telstra post-paid mobile. On some mobiles you may need to press OK/answer twice.

Each Telstra post-paid mobile can transfer:

• a maximum of $100 per month by one-off credit transfer
  • a maximum of $300 per month by scheduled transfer
  • a maximum of $400 per month combined one-off and scheduled transfers.
Jules032

I agree re the misleading wording of this (so called) service. I too understood it to come off my credit allowance - wont make the same mistake again.........guess that's what happens trusting Telstra would do something good!!!!!!
Occasional Visitor
PhoneDude72
0 Kudos

If I transfer credit from my contract number to my prepaid number, does that credit get charged to my next billing period, if I have already been issued with this month's phone bill?
Terri2772
0 Kudos

Good morning team, I have a customer in store who states that he has not authorised credit me to you from his account to a pre-paid mobile. The son states that he has not touched the handset to make the transfer. It comes up on the bill as a third party transfer but lists telstra. I have contacted our support team and they credited the account.
Customer would like me to confirm that the handset is the only way. please help.
customer would also like this feature barred is that possible?
Terri2772
0 Kudos

Yes
Terri2772

I understand that this could be confusing but creditting the mobile (pre-paid) from your account (bill) so that you dont have to go down the shop and obtain a voucher or such is correct wording.

Occasional Visitor
Neilhoh
0 Kudos

So, if there are only monthly limits why can't I transfer more than $10/day

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hey Terri2772,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

Terri, the CreditMe2u can only be transferred from the Telstra Mobile Post-Paid plan to the Pre-Paid account via #100# or online through m.bigpond.com from the originating mobile.

With regard to barring the feature, this is no  possible but customer can place a 4-digit PIN so others aren't able to use the mobile. Thanks Terri2772.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

Hey Neiloh,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport. Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics we have here, in our Community.

Neilhoh, you can transfer more than $10 a day if you register a regular transfer. The CREDIT ME2U® site will have more information for you on this. Thanks Neilhoh.

With kind regards,

Joe:smileyhappy:

libidae
0 Kudos

This thread began on 11-11-11; it is now 31-01-14. All these years on and this confusion has not been properly addressed by Telstra.

I read as many of the T&C documents I could find, however did not come across the section above highlighted red: it is exactly what I was looking for. When I failed to ascertain the nature of the me2u charges I asked the Call Centre. First consultant had not heard of it, second insisted it was not possible from a post paid sim. The third assured me that it operated similarly to how it would from a prepaid sim: "credit" sent to the recipient would count towards my minimum spend, not be lumped on top.

While the post paid me2u may have some similarities with what I had become used to on prepaid, it is a distinct service and should be flagged as such. I would especially like to point out that the post paid credit me2u service is misnamed. Credit is not transferred, in fact quite the opposite occurs: a cash value is debited against the post paid account. Only after this debit occurs is any value transferred to the recipient as a credit (unlike the prepaid service, which requires you to have available credit to send).. A less misleading name would be "Debit me4u". You could even go for a nice blunt name like "Recharge a Telstra Prepaid Account and charge the voucher value to my post paid account."

Telstra, you need to address this. It is poor business practice to allow such confusing nomenclature to endure for so many years, especially while aware of the problem. I believe the two different Me2u services take it beyond poor business practice though. As Telstra are aware the majority of customers first encounter me2u while using a prepaid Sim. The logical assumption is that as the post paid service has the same name as found on prepaid, it should function the same. It seems very much like a trap: having known of the confusion for years Telstra has not yet addressed the issue.

I'm considering lodging a complaint with fair trade over this. I no longer put any faith in the information I get from Telstra, so fortunately transferred (sorry, that should read "charged") only $30. I had planned to check my bill to confirm what Telstra had told me, however as they have yet to issue an accurate bill for this account I could not. It's not about the money though: this is not how I expect to be treated by a company with whom I have been a faithful customer. It's really just not good enough, and I'll go so far as to say that the confusion surrounding this service culminates in a deliberately deceptive product.

Regards.
libidae
0 Kudos

BTW, don't welcome me to the community: I've been here a long time. Why is my Crowd Support login showing as a new member? Because I had to register again. Don't know why, don't care. Not my systems, but kind of my problems.
Community Manager
DanK
0 Kudos

I will certainly pass on your feedback, especially regarding the information you received from staff as this product is clearly explained on our internal knowledge-base that is available to all staff.

On the recharge page here it states 'Any amount credited will be charged to the customer's post-paid mobile bill, in addition to the monthly access charge.'

On our FAQs here it states 'Any amount credited to the Telstra Pre-Paid account will be charged to your Post-Paid mobile bill, in addition to the monthly access charge. There is a 25c charge for each successful credit transfer. Cap credit cannot be transferred via CreditMe2U'

I don't have pre-paid services myself so I am unsure if/where it may appear when processing a transfer.

Where else can we make this information available that would have helped in your circumstance? I will pass on your feedback to our product team so we can improve this for all of our customers.

Mung
0 Kudos

Why is Telstra SENDING ME YET MORE CRAP. I'm on the do not call register still they send me there crap. TRY TO GET SERVICE WITH A REAL PERSON, hopeless, Please remove me from all mailing lists. Telstra service is a disgrace.

Mung
0 Kudos

Why are you texting me this crap.

Please REMOVE me from the list for this unsolicited UNWANTED SERVICE.

Please remove from all mobiles on this account. AND PLEASE DO NOT SENT ANY 'UNWANTED SERVICE' THIS ACCOUNT

TimBartel
0 Kudos

Hi Mung,

What exactly is the "crap" you are being sent? If you can provide even just a little detail I'll be happy to help.

Thanks, Tim

Tim Bartel

Regular Visitor
mrfordfairmont
0 Kudos

pitty the #100# does not work on my samsung s4

AshleyMaree88
0 Kudos

Am I able to transfer credit using CredMe2U from my Telstra PrePaid Sim to my brother's Boost Mobile Sim, considering Boost is actually Telstra?
TommyR
0 Kudos

Hi AshleyMaree88

N
o this is not possible.

You can see the info for the Credit me to you process here: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Pre-Paid-Mobiles-KB/How-do-you-transfer-credit-between-two-Tel... and also more information here: http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Billing-Payments-KB/Transfer-credit-between-Pre-Paid-mobile-se...

Regards - Tom

Tom,

Telstra Social Media Team

Bettinajayne
0 Kudos

Why cant I Cred me2 u anymore since switching to the freedom plan?

cant #100# anymore (same iphone 5c that i was doing it on before) and cant do it on 1258888.

logged into  my telstra - no option to do it there????

Jessica_Telstra
0 Kudos

Hi Bettinajayne,

Please live chat with our pre-paid team at this link http://tel.st/hsc3 and our team will be able to advise further.