Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Fran1805
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Having to go online to access mms.

Why do I now have to go to telstra.com/viewmms to access my mms when I used to just be able to select and view the message on my phone. Can I change it back to how it used to be?
thisnamewilldo

Re: Having to go online to access mms.

[ Edited ]

sorry to hijack, but i cannot see how to create my own post asking for help

i must be missing an obvious button somewhere, sorry for the dumb question, but would someone please tell me how i create a thread?

Thanks Ben, got it

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

Fran1805 wrote:
Why do I now have to go to telstra.com/viewmms to access my mms when I used to just be able to select and view the message on my phone. Can I change it back to how it used to be?

Can you please send a MMS to 176667 (Attach any picture). This should reset your MMS settings on the network.

If this doesn't work, please visit http://configure.telstra.com.au and follow the prompts.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

thisnamewilldo wrote:

sorry to hijack, but i cannot see how to create my own post asking for help

i must be missing an obvious button somewhere, sorry for the dumb question, but would someone please tell me how i create a thread?

Hi,

Welcome to CrowdSupport!

From the homepage, Click the topic that best suits (Grey Tab) then click a Sub-Topic. When you do this, you will see a New Message button.

Thanks!

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Senior Moderators
Joe-Telstra
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hello Fran1805,

Firstly, welcome to CrowdSupport :smileyhappy: Please stick around and offer any expertise you have in the range of topics here in our Community.

Please let us know how you go with Ben's suggestion above. If it still does not work, delete your current MMS network settings and set it up again.

Follow these instructions:

1. First, you'll need to take a take a photo or video on your mobile. If you haven't already done so, access your mobile's Camera orVideo function to take a photo or video. These are usually found on your mobile's Main Menu.
  2. On your mobile, open the Main Menu, then select Messaging (or similar), then select Write Message or New Message (or similar).
  3. If you're asked to select a type of message, select Multimedia Message or MMS.
  4. Select Options, then Insert (or similar). This allows you to add a photo or video to your message. You can also add a text message.
  5. Press Send, then enter the mobile number(s) you wish to send to.

You will be charged for each MMS message sent.

With kind regards,

-Joe:smileyhappy:
Telstra Social Media Team - Community Moderator

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Fran1805
0 Kudos

Thanks, Ben, your suggestion worked perfectly. It will save me a great deal of frustration! I thought I'd ticked the 'send me an email when someone replies' box but I didn't receive an email, so perhaps I managed to unclick it again? Thanks also for the welcome, Joe. Not sure I've got anything that could be described as expertise, but I might surprise myself :smileyhappy: Cheers
Occasional Visitor
Drive_Country
0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

I went online and have configured my N95 for combined MMS & Internet and "saved".

Now what do I have to do to see the pics that were sent previously (like 2 hours ago). 

I tried using my computer to access Telstra.com/viewmms. Only get message "session has expired" and I haven't even had a glimpse of the photograph yet.

What happened to the old system when we could view MMS on the same phone instantly FIVE YEARS ago.

Is Telstra technology going backwards???

Frequent Visitor
jordanrussell
0 Kudos

>