Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

AdrianW
0 Kudos

Huawei Ascend Y201

This is a very good cheap entry point to the world of smartphones but if you own a recent model Toyota it might be a good idea to shop for a different phone. I tried pairing one with a 2011 Toyota Yaris and a 2011 Toyota Aurion Touring. It paired ok but no voice could be sent or received. Two other older phones, Nokia and Telstra T100 both work fine. The same Y201 phone works ok on an aftermarket head unit in another Toyota.

Samsung had the a similar problem with voice not being heard in one direction. It seems to have been fixed with a software update.

Come on Telstra. The Huawei seems to be selling like hotcakes at the Coles price of $49 but if you can't get bluetooth to work with the world's largest car manufacturer you're going to get a lot of returns. How about a software upgrade.

Community Manager
DanK

Re: Huawei Ascend Y201

Hi AdrianW, thanks for dropping by the forum to provide feedback.

I would love to say that we are going to fix this for you but the reality is that how a Huawei phone communicates to a Holden vehicle via bluetooth is not something that we can fix.

It is likely that the manufacturer of the phone or car needs to release an update, perhaps you should send feedback to them directly.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Visitor
Fay029
0 Kudos

Not a Holden, it's a Toyota.

Community Manager
DanK
0 Kudos

Oh goodness, I didn't notice that I had written the wrong manufacturer in there :smileytongue:

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Joran
0 Kudos

Support Australian jobs and buy a new 'Holden'. :smileyhappy: