Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Greg_Buch
Accepted Solution

PUK codes (a.k.a. ‘I’ve been locked out of my mobile – what do I do???’)

[ Edited ]

There are many ways it can happen – you’ve bought a mobile which was already set up with a PIN, you’ve had to resurrect an old phone for temporary usage, or your hilarious mates have decided to play around with your handset while you were sleeping…Whatever the reason, you’ve found yourself locked out of your phone. How can you fix this? By using the wrong PIN, of course!

In order to have the PIN reset, you need to get the mobile to request a PUK (Personal Unlock Key) code. To do this, you need to make 3 incorrect PIN attempts (P.S. Well done if you guess it within the three tries!). Once it asks for a PUK, you can get it for your phone by visiting:

Enter your mobile number, your full name, and date of birth.

As always, you can also have the PUK provided by calling us on 125 111 (you can be redirected from 13 22 00 if needed, or call +61 4 3912 5111 if overseas).

Greg, Telstra Social Media team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Telstra Employee
Sash

Short URL to get to this is telstra.com/pinpuk or Scan Co...

[ Edited ]

Short URL to get to this is telstra.com/pinpuk or Scan Code for those that prefer.

lap2011
0 Kudos

Re: PUK codes (a.k.a. ‘I’ve been locked out of my mobile – what do I do???’)

Thanks for the help can say all successful and operating.....

New Contributor
Eaglemist
0 Kudos

I'm getting Fatal Errors on this url...

Contributor
joshjones
0 Kudos

same

Occasional Visitor
rjoconnor
0 Kudos

I am currently on exchange in Germany and have purchased a sim card to use for my telstra samsung (model C5220) and I did not know my pin number so it went to the PUK number. My mother took my phone in to get it unlocked before I left and they never gave me a number to unlock it. So she has called again and I have a number. But when I put it in and then a new pin number it still says it is incorrect. If the number didnt work I was told to ring 125880 to unlock it. But the number does not work over seas, even with the +61 in front of it I tried calling the +61 4 3912 5111 the other number to unlock it and it said the number was not provided by this service. So I tried the - https://service.telstra.com.au/general/pinpuk/pukCodeRetrieval.html website to retrieve a new code but I am not the authorised owner since I am under the age of 18. So I tried it with my details and then my mothers but it still did not work. I have 2 attempts left of unlocking my phone and I'm am too scared to do anything else. I am very depserate to have my phone unlocked for its the only one i have for use in Germany. If somebody could please help me I would be very appreciative.

JasonGrace
0 Kudos

Hi, everything that you have told me to do has worked, except when it asks me to enter the last "new" pin confirmation code it says
"Unlocking...
Please wait"
umm, from there it just never unlocks, and if the screen blacks out after a minute It takes me back to the Enter the last new pin confirmation.
If i turn the phone off and on again and go back to the stage where I put the PUK code in it says that I have used up one of my tries.

Please help I only have 5 more tries and I don't want my new phone to be shut down permanantly O_O

niffette
0 Kudos

ive been trying to do what it says for my PUK code but it wont accept my number ,is there a uk site i can do this on because its saying my phone no should be 10 digits when its not theres 11

>