CROWDSUPPORT ®

adamm
0 Kudos

Samsung Galaxy SII

I just got a Samsung Galaxy SII yesterday, I have successfully set up twitter, facebook, linked in. All working ok. I set up my email account (bigpond) as well however emails are not coming through. Also how do I change the weather setting on the homepage. It defaults to Sydney, I want it to show Melbourne

Occasional Contributor
Akuma
0 Kudos

Re: Samsung Galaxy SII

Are you talking about the mobile or online homepage?
adamm
0 Kudos

homepage / main screen of the mobile

Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

adamm wrote:

Also how do I change the weather setting on the homepage. It defaults to Sydney, I want it to show Melbourne

Are you talking about the (TelstraOne) Weather widget, or the AccuWeather.com widget?

If it's the TelstraOne Weather widget, to change the location you need to remove the widget from your home page and then add it again, at which point you'll be asked which location you want the widget to show.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Occasional Visitor
otobas
0 Kudos

Re: Samsung Galaxy Weather Widget

Just spent 10 minutes of my life that I'll never get back forking around trying to figure out how to set the default location.  Gave up eventually and Googled several times to find the answer and arrived here.

Dear TelstraOne Weather Widget Designer - delete and re-add the widget to change location?!?!?!  I mean, yes, it works, but WTF?!?

Please return to UI school, then take the extra 30 seconds it will require to add a "Change current location" option to the left- button/settings popup and link it to the freaking screen you already have on the install to select the location.  I mean how HARD is that?

FFS.