Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Contributor
remark
0 Kudos

Spam Text

Out of the blue in the last 3 to 4 weeks I’ve been getting a few spam texts of late from US numbers.  Latest number is +1 (409) 771-2798.

Can post entire message if anyone is interested.

BTW, I’m not suggesting they’re restricted to Telstra.

Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Telstra Alumni (Retired)
Ben
0 Kudos

Re: Spam Text

Hi Remark,

------- The below is direct from the ACMA SMS Spam reporting site -------

When you receive a spam SMS message, you can now forward it to the dedicated telephone number 0429 999 888 to report it directly to the ACMA. You will be billed the standard rate for sending SMS messages by your mobile phone provider. Your report will be recorded in the ACMA's database and used to monitor SMS spam activity.

Registering to use the service is not essential, but does mean that the Anti-Spam Team can easily contact you about messages you receive.

See our Spam SMS FAQs below for more information.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,

Ben B
Telstra Digital Sales & Service

Have you checked out the Community Guidelines or the Community Knowledge Base lately?
Occasional Contributor
remark
0 Kudos

Got 'em in my contacs so I didn't have to look number up every time.

Put topic up for discussion/info.

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Its not worth reporting it, as its an Overseas Number. I'm wondering if the FCC would deal with it?

The Number is owned by ATT Mobility - Try emailing 'scam@abuse-att.net' with the details and go from there :smileyhappy:

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Occasional Contributor
remark

I must be the luckiest bloke around, I won another prize today. This one from +1 870 820 6852.
Occasional Contributor
remark
0 Kudos

>