Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

New Contributor
Rosco77
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Telstra dave mobile t83 phone user manual

Dear Sir/Madam.

I am interested in buying a Telstra Dave T83 phone, but have some concerns about some of its functions and how they work or are programmed.

I would like get a user manual for this phone, but so far have not been able to find one anywhere. Are you able to tell me where I can get one or supply me with a link to one.

I would like to add that I was able to download a manual for my HTC Desire phone before I bought it, which gave me confidence in the device before I was committed to buying. I would like to do the same for this one, so I can buy with confidence.

Regards.

Ross.

DanK
0 Kudos

Re: Telstra dave mobile t83 phone user manual

You can download the manual from the manufacturers website here http://www.zte.com.au/telstra/T83.htm

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
New Contributor
Rosco77
0 Kudos

Thank you for that. It was one of the hardest manuals I have ever had to find. Not one hit during hours of searching on Google, so I tried this as a last resort. I am not greatly impressed, but I now have it at last. I should be able to Google it like every other manual I have looked for.

Regards.

Ross.

DanK
0 Kudos

I think the problem is because the model number is rather generic and as you wouldn't know the manufacturers name it can be hard to get an accurate search result.

I will pass on feedback about making it more accessible.

New Contributor
Rosco77

Dear DanK

If the site had a link marked "User Manual" or "Download User Manual" like most sites I have visited, I would have found it much easier. Not everyone is a internet Guru who would think to go to "downloads". As it was I had already looked at that site, but was looking for the words "User Manual" or Download User Manual in PDF" as I have experienced in almost every site I have visited. I am VERY dissatisfied with myself for missing it and wasting HOURS trying to find this manual. I would have expected a link to the manual from one of the Telstra sites, after all this is where most searches would be made from for a Telstra product.

As far as the manual itself is concerned, I wonder about it's accuracy and wonder if it is not just some generic manual tweaked for this phone. In this case I refer to an item on page 107 which reads "Avoid contact with liquids. Keep your phone dry." The reason I may buy this phone is because it is supposed to be ruggedised, and water proof to one metre for half an hour, which should mean I would be able to use in showery weather if necessary. I am a tradesman, and have lot of trouble with phones because I sometimes have to use them if my hands are wet or dirty, or I am working in damp situations, etc. I believed this would suit me, after all it seems to be targeted toward the tradesman type situation, amongst other things, but if the manual on page 107 is to be believed, it is just as delicate as any other smart phone. What am I to believe? Oh and incidentally I need a smartphone for my work purposes, so don't tell me to buy one of the true ruggetised phones which are on the market.

Thanks for your help so far.

Regards.

Ross.

Established Member
Paul_Greig
0 Kudos

While the user manual for the Telstra Dave is readily available it is very difficult to use..its a 100+ page PDF document and as such I am reluctant to print it yet I find it almost impossible to use in its electronic state. When looking through the pages one needs to continually return to find such things as the reference to user icons etc...is there not a printed version available?, maybe even at a small cost?

Esther
0 Kudos

Hi Paul_Greig,

The phone manual is only available as a online/PDF version, if you find it hard to read online you can adjust the zoom feature or print it out for yourself

thanks

Established Member
Paul_Greig
0 Kudos

The online user manual is not hard to use...did you even read my comment??!!....It is very difficult to use in its electronic state, users need to jump all over the place to find whats wanted, for instance I attempted to set up bluetooth... the contents page makes no reference to Bluetooth, if I search for 'bluetooth setup' I get zilch, if I search on the single word 'bluetooth' it takes me to page 9 and informs me how to turn bluetooth off!

Its also 117 pages long so printing is not something I'd like to do.

Please dont now tell me how to set up bluetooth...I'll manage.

DanK
0 Kudos

I can certainly pass on feedback, however this is the manual as provided by the manufacturer so we may not be able to influence the format.

>