Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Contributor
Devilman05
Accepted Solution

how do you switch off 101 message bank?

hello,

i see other posts explaining how to extend rings before the message bank kicks in...

what i would like to know is how do you disbale it all together?

Community Leader
Drat

Re: how do you switch off 101 message bank?

[ Edited ]

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-h...

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

Devilman05 wrote:

hello,

i see other posts explaining how to extend rings before the message bank kicks in...

Devilman05 wrote:

hello,

I'm assuming your referring to your Mobile service, which the above link won't help with. You will need to contact us to get this removed.

You can contact us via Live Chat (check the homepage on CrowdSupport) or by calling us 24/7 on 125111

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

Oops, my bad… didn't actually notice this is a thread in the Mobiles section. I guess I jumped at seeing "101" (since this was something I was looking up for myself just a week ago)!
——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Heidi44
0 Kudos

Ok, but how to do this on the mobile?
Esther
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi Heidi44,

To disable 101 on your Mobile, contact us on 132200 or via chat here & it can be removed for you 

Thanks

Esther
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Community Manager
CrowdSurfer
0 Kudos

Hi all, we've also added the knowledge based article, with all the information you need.

Thanks

CrowdSurfer....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"If we've been able to answer your question, please tag the answer as an accepted solution - this will make it easier for the rest of the community to locate the answer too ."

Established Member
annynrok
0 Kudos

We are with Telstra via the NBN & I'm wondering if that makes a difference cos I have tried selecting option 3 but it is for 101 home messaging setup & doesn't mention cancelling. I have rung Telstra on 4 occasions to get this sorted & we still have a message service which we neither need nor want. We have our own answering service & the 101 cuts in when the phone is engaged, so I have had to record a message there to say Dont leave a message. When we 1st had our phone changed to Telstra we weren't getting any calls due to the 101 settings installed without our knowledge. Thought we had it sorted but apparently not. Calling 132200 takes forever to get thru & the NBN number is even worse.

Greg_Buch
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Hi annynrok, if you haven't been able to get the assistance you need on 13 22 00 I'd recommend contacting our Live Chat teams for help in cancelling the Messagebank service. (For security reasons we're not able to request account details or other personal information via posts on these forums).   

Greg
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Established Member
annynrok
0 Kudos

Thanks Greg. I did make contact thru crowd support. Still took a while for the CSO to get thru to the relevant sections, however another order was placed to remove 101. I was then put thru to NBN tech support by phone who said an order wasn't necessary & would make it happen straight away. I suggest anyone with NBN connections contact them cos they actually seem to have direct access to our account and really know their stuff. 1800 834273 option 3. Be prepared to wait tho calling in middle of day seemed to be quicker. 101 has been removed thankfully and we are just waiting for a technician to come back and change a cable so our NBN service can be finallised

Frequent Visitor
michalex
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Gday All
I just went thru the process of removing the message 101 on my new Telstra mob account. I dont have time to sit and wait on hold, and after a quick scan of this thread, I decided to try the live chat (at least I can still take & make business calls while waiting etc). 
The screen said they were experiencing high volumes, but I was surprised when a Telstra rep came up on screen straight away. We went thru the process, and after about 5 mins it was all done. My mob now rings out, with no message 101, message to text or any other service intercepting the call. The rep rang it to check for me, & I rang it to check as well, and both times it rang out .

I am very happy with the live chat service, and all done without the hassle of trying to understand someone from another country (sorry, but I am sick of overseas call centres where the person on the other end of the line is barely understandable, and they cant understand me, and it takes forever to achieve what you want to do, if it even ends up happening at all)
Live chat is definitely worth a go :smileyhappy:

Cheers

Occasional Visitor
thommo282
0 Kudos

hash, hash 61 hash send

hash, hash 62 hash send

hash, hash 67 hash send

Must send all three in this order.

Visitor
Jillianne
0 Kudos

Awesome, that easy, and it worked.Thanks