Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

NgariWiri
0 Kudos

Am I being hacked?

I have been getting a lot of messages sent from my Bigpond account stating the following:

"This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why each recipient was rejected.
Recipient: <hatzis.ess@gmail.com>
Reason: 5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try 5.1.1 double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or 5.1.1 unnecessary spaces. Learn more at 5.1.1 http://support.google.com/mail/bin/answer.py?answer=6596 ru9si5757024pbc.78 – gsmtp
Please reply to <Postmaster@mx.bigpond.com> if you feel this message to be in error."

The problem is that I don't know anyone with the e-mail address hatzis.ess@gmail.com and I as sure as hell haven't been sending messages to this person.
Interestingly enough, when I google hatzis.ess@gmail.com, I come to another post on Whirlpool Forums with a similar problem: /archive/2122002

Has hatzis.ess@gmail.com, hacked into my account? What should I do?

Technical Support
Brodie_Telstra
0 Kudos

Re: Am I being hacked?

Hey NgariWiri,

It does seem strange that your email is sending to that specific address. If you haven't already I would suggest resetting the email password. Also, check over the forwarding settings in the email, it can sometimes have other emails listed, on-forwarding emails.

Brodie

Telstra Bigpond Technical Support

Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution || Need Technical support? Send me a private message

You can connect to us here:
kbmci
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I have also had my Bigpond account compromised. Seems my account is sending spam. This week I started receiving a great deal of messages like this:

The following message to <huseista@sprint.net> was undeliverable.

The reason for the problem:

5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'5.1.1 <huseista@sprint.net>... User unknown'

And my password is no longer correct....

Any suggestions?

IvanS
0 Kudos

Hi kbmci,

Welcome to CrowdSupport :smileyhappy:

To assist with changing password, get onto our tech support team (24hrs) on 133933 or live chat: http://tel.st/gq6m

Can certainly help out :smileyhappy:

- Ivan

Ivan
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines