Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

chrisg72
0 Kudos

Broadband without landline

I currently have Big Pond broadband through Telstra and i'm moving house. I never use the landline and i want to keep broadband and i also want to get Foxtel. Is this possible with a Telstra package to have broadband at home with no landline and also get foxtel with no landline - can I do the latter through T-Hub? Help.... 

Community Leader
jokiin
0 Kudos

Re: Broadband without landline

are you moving to an area that has cable available?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Telstra Employee
SteveZ

It depends on where you are moving to. Some areas are serviceable by cable internet, which can also provide Foxtel through the cable, but it would depend on the area. In regards to Foxtel, I assume you are referring to the T-Box as opposed to the T-hub. If you are in a Cable area, you can get Foxtel through T-box, however the content you get included is far less than a full foxtel service.

Another point to consider is the price of a standalone internet and standalone foxtel connection may cost more than that if you were to get even a basic landline, depending on your internet allowance requirements, but our internet plans have changed recently in that you only need to have HomeLine Budget to get a $20 discount off all fixed internet plans. Also consider what Foxtel package you want. If you wanted Platinum Foxtel (all channels) it would be more economical for you to go onto a bundle (Say the $188 bundle which has basic line rental, 200gb internet and foxtel platinum) but it depends on where you live and your budget. I would suggest you call us first on 132200 and find out if Cable internet is available at your new address, and discuss what you are trying to do, and they will be able to advise you further.
Steve
-----------
Just a quick note, while I do work for Telstra, my comments here are my personal comments, and not official comments by Telstra.
Community Leader
jokiin

SteveZ wrote:
 our internet plans have changed recently in that you only need to have HomeLine Budget to get a $20 discount off all fixed internet plans.

which almost nullifies the phone line cost anyway, leaves you what, $2 a month out of pocket, might as well have it for that price

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Statistically, three out of five people are not the other two
Telstra Employee
SteveZ
0 Kudos

Pretty much. You can get call barring put on if making calls from the landline is the issue. I keep my landline for emergency calls and such.

Steve
-----------
Just a quick note, while I do work for Telstra, my comments here are my personal comments, and not official comments by Telstra.
Telstra Thought Leader
freshjc
0 Kudos

Chris

As has been noted Cable is your best option here, which are available and it opens up the option of Foxtel on T-box for you too which is great value http://www.foxtel.com.au/support/foxtel-on-t-box/what-is-foxtel-on-t-box/default.htm

cheers

john