Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Visitor
0 Kudos

Hi,How do I change the wifi name and password of my Telstra bigpond cable modem?Thanks

Hi, the wifi name and password came preloaded. How do I change the wifi name and password for the cable Internet modem. Thanks.
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Hi,How do I change the wifi name and password of my Telstra bigpond cable modem?Thanks

What modem do you have?
Honoured Contributor

Re: Hi,How do I change the wifi name and password of my Telstra bigpond cable modem?Thanks

Hi Congngo,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

In your internet browser navigate to 192.168.0.1, username/pass is admin/admin or admin/password - Wireless settings - Change the SSID text and enter a new password in the WPA encryption.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

i want to change password for my wifi
0 Kudos

Hi akmal007,

Have you tried following the instructions posted by Lathania above?

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

How do I  change my wifi password?

0 Kudos

Hi Sari1950,

Try following the steps posted by user Lathania in the above thread to change your password Smiley Happy If you cannot change your password via these steps, please contact our tech team on 133 933.

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Congngo wrote:
Hi, the wifi name and password came preloaded. How do I change the wifi name and password for the cable Internet modem. Thanks.

Which modem do you have? Usually the address to access the modem is 10.0.0.138.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am both a Telstra Customer and a Telstra Employee.
Some of my views may not represent Telstra and are my personal opinion only.

If I've helped you, please press the Kudos!