Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Established Member
pantsless
0 Kudos

Narellan Exchange Upgrade

So ... how do we push for an upgrade.

Tired of the congestion during peak periods.

Half the download speeds and quadruple + fluctuating pings.

And no it is not on my end >.<

Contributor
BMac
0 Kudos

Re: Narellan Exchange Upgrade

You can lodge a formal complaint but if you've been told there's congestion in the area then that's your lot unfortunately, all this will do is get you a reduced price or you can leave your contract, unfortunately there are very few ADSL upgrades being done any more - Welcome to the wonderful world of the NBN! :smileysad:

If you haven't already I would suggest checking their website to see when this will roll out in your area.

Please note that I am an Telstra employee posting in my own time and on my own volition, my opinions and advice are my own and do not constitute the views, values or policies of Telstra.

If you like my answer please Kudos my post :smileyhappy:
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

[ Edited ]

Firstly, I would like to know how you think its not your issue? I hear many people say this who are proven wrong, so can I ask what steps you have taken to reach this conculsion?

Furthermore, If you are on a RIM/CMUX, you MAY be getting a Top Hat Upgrade. You would need to find out what DA you are in, Tech Support can help with this (or a Moderator in some cases if they ask you).

There is one update planned to a RIM:

NRLNCA56NRLNNarellanNSW256756NRLN-CA56-Area-Layout.pdfNRLN-CA56-Map-NRLN-DA56.pdf

Maps at http://www.telstrawholesale.com.au/download/document/NRLN-CA56-Map-NRLN-DA56.pdf

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Established Member
pantsless
0 Kudos

Isolation checks, friends modems etc etc ... and the fact that during the day I will have 25-26 ping consistently then evening pings from 80 to 250+ with absolutely nothing changing on my send
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

Hate to say it, but Telstra doesn't care about the Ping factor (unless you have purchased a product which has this requirement).

Are you in the area on the map I provided?

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Established Member
pantsless
0 Kudos

Yeah that's what sucks ..
And as soon as I get home will check .. hoping its that and not da53
Established Member
Bangatron
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm from harrington park, so we are running of the same narellan exchange.

I called telstra a few months back about this issue, and it was confirmed congestion.

The congestion is steadily getting worse and for longer periods of time as the narellan area is growing in size :/

Checking up on the NBN, 3 years is when the start date is roughly due.

We could possibly start a petition up as i know this is a common problem, also filing offical complaints against telstra to up there service or even filing a complaint with the  telecommunications ombudsman for sub standard service.

I use my internet for online gaming, and it is not possible from 4pm-11pm.

So im up for anything that can help improve our connection.

As for that map, no its not near my address.

As far as im aware every one in the:

Harington park/Grove

-Narellan

-Mt Annan areas are suffering from this.

Established Member
pantsless
0 Kudos

Good to hear its not just me : )

And yep ... gaming for me as well.

So whats our first step haha.

Established Member
Bangatron
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

All i can come up with is angry phone calls but i dont think that will help, 

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1737156

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1928527

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=822434#r8

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1439165

These are 4 seperate threads about the same issue.

One is from 2007, 2010, 2011.

Its been an ongoing issue and is a complete joke for a modern residential area to have this lack of internet connection.

I was considering contacting the local council (telstra hinted i should do this to find out about the NBN but i found my info on http://www.nbnco.com.au/rollout/rollout-map.html) and putting in a complaint about sub-standard internet access. 

If we get enough people to complain or petition to the council, they may roll out the NBN sooner, but i would be just as happy for them just to upgrade the exchange or add a new one or 2

Established Member
Bangatron
0 Kudos

Just relooked at that map (such a small area) but im like 2-3 streets away from it, 1-2 min drive, so dirty i wont be included in the upgrade.

Established Member
pantsless
0 Kudos

yeah any1 with iinet or internode?

i hear they are great at getting this kind of stuff sorted

Established Member
Bangatron
0 Kudos

Considering NRLN exchange is the only exchange in the area i dont think it matters who you go with unless you are wireless, or lucky and rich enough to live in harington grove or oran park. :/

(It is a HUGE factory between narellan road and the camden bypass and is apparently to small to hold upgrades from other isp , tpg was turned down from putting in there own equipment.)

Established Member
pantsless
0 Kudos

yeah just meant that those two isps are good at harrassing telstra.

i sent in a complaint to telstra will be interesting to what their reply will be
Established Member
Bangatron
0 Kudos

I'm currently in there live chat complaint, and then going to lodge a written complaint.

Guessing sending a complaint daily may or may not help :/ Its just a joke the amount they charge for the sub-standard product we are recieving, being a big gamer, this frustrates me to no end, playing competitive games is impossible, playing for fun is intollerable, :smileysad:

>