CROWDSUPPORT ®

New Contributor
wagga_ria
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Technicolor Tg587n v3: Port Forwarding for IP Camera

Hi ALL

Looked around this forum and others but could not find specific about port forwarding of ip camera on the TG587.

Bumped into port forwarding of games etc. Tried to apply to the camera but did not work.

Bought an IP camera. Open an account with DYNDNS.org.

All the setup to assigning a local IP number and the mapping that uPnP (I think that what it was) are fine.

I can view the camera locally from the home network.

The last instruction is the Port Forwarding in the ADLS/Router ........ BUT TG587 config menu do not have that.

Not sure what's next. Gave a try to asssign port range etc ...... (4 digits?) but did not work. My camera port is "82".

It has the DYNDNS option in the Technicolor config Toolbox. What I did was put in the information on my DYNDNS domain. Seems okay. But still could not view my camera video from remote.

Appreciate any form of help.

New Contributor
Jurp
0 Kudos

Re: Technicolor Tg587n v3: Port Forwarding for IP Camera

Does your router support DMZ (de-militarized zone)? It will usually be somewhere near your UPnP settings. If it does - Enable DMZ, and enter the IP address of your camera. If it doesn't - Call Telstra, they can enable port forwarding for you.
New Contributor
wagga_ria
0 Kudos

I tried to assign the port as per Bigpond website instruction for port forwarding. Port range 3074. Still not working though.

Should I disable the DYNDNS option that link directly to the DYNDNS address?
Honoured Contributor
Lathania

@Jurp

You are grossly mistaken, Telstra do not in any way for any product support port forwarding with the exception of Telstra Plus premium support.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

New Contributor
wagga_ria
0 Kudos

@Lathania

You are right ...... I will need to pay $99 for premium support.
Apparently Port Forwarding is above the regular tech support.
Not sure if I should pay for a new modem with the traditional port forwarding feature or pay $99 to get that tech support (which I would not need one if they had the "regular" ADSL modem router.
Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

I'd get either the new T-Gateway or a BYO modem. Some versions of Technicolor and older BigPond modems have issues with port forwarding.

It's not that it's beyond regular tech support (I sure as hell can do it =P ) but it's Telstra chooses not to support it as they consider it an advanced feature.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

New Contributor
wagga_ria

SOLVED it.

Just had to get the port correct. If only they had been more direct with the instruction.

Now, gonna try to get another camera..........
Occasional Visitor
bokasen
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same problem with that modem. My Linksys WAG320n just died today and replaced it with Telstra provided modem (Technicolor TG587n v3) and the port forwarding is not as good as Linksys. I have a Kogan IPCamera that work well with Linksys but with this modem i could not work it out including within my network. For remote, I also use DYNDNS with the Linksys and no problem.

Could you please share your setup in this forum if possible?

Thank you