Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Occasional Contributor
be12345
0 Kudos

Use Netgear CG3100 cable modem with apple AirPort Extreme

Hey guys, I previously asked the question, how do I connect the cable modem ( Netgear CG3100) to the apple AirPort Extreme by turning the modems wifi mode off and turning bridging mode on but was unsuccessful at working, so I am gonna ask some more questions,

Do you connect the extreme router into the CG3100 via the WAN port or just any Ethernet port on the rear of the modem?

On the extreme setup menu, what settings do you click/use?

All help is much appreciated.

Thank you

Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

Re: Use Netgear CG3100 cable modem with apple AirPort Extreme

[ Edited ]

Do you connect the extreme router into the CG3100 via the WAN port or just any Ethernet port on the rear of the modem?

The CG3100 (as opposed to the CG3100D-2) does not have a RJ-45 WAN port. You connect any LAN router to any LAN port on the CG3100 unit by Ethernet cable.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
>