Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

DJC
Visitor
DJC
0 Kudos

VPN server behind Technicolor TG587n V3

Hi,

I am trying to set up a PPTP server behind the TG587n V3 and I can not get port 1723 to allow incoming connections from another machine using 3G outside of my home network. I have added the PPTP Server profile  to the server's IP address and the service is running. 

The PPTP VPN service is running OK and waiting for connections. 

Does anyone have this running or advice please

Esther
0 Kudos

Re: VPN server behind Technicolor TG587n V3

Hi DJC,

I've had a chat to our Tech's & what you're trying to set up there is outside of our normal support boundaries, I'd suggest contacting our Telstra Plus team on 1300087587 to assist you further with this one :smileyhappy:

Thanks 

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Esther
0 Kudos

Hey DJC,

This link may be helpful in answering your questions

http://crowdsupport.telstra.com.au/t5/Modems-Hardware/Technicolor-TG587n-v3-How-to-Port-Foward-Open-...

Let us know how you go :smileyhappy:

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
benhelps
0 Kudos

This may be long solved (in which case I'd love to hear about it, as I plan to do something similar soon). Otherwise, my thoughts are:

Have you tested connecting in to the VPN from outside on something other than 3G? I recall Telstra (and everyone else from memory) NATing 3G connections such that custom ports ( or maybe just all ports > 1024 ) in/out are broken (and of course non rooted android can't access ports under 1024). I also recall there being a rumoured way to get around that - something about using some Telstra exanet APN thing. It may not be allowed any more.

benhelps
0 Kudos

Also, I've definitely had no trouble at our house end doing port forwards into house servers from the internet. I use dyndns and connect in for ssh and access to house hosted streaming.
>