Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

billrizer
0 Kudos

constant drop out issue

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I'm using Telstra Ultimate Cable currently and it constantely drops out every 0.5-3 hours since last week, and it will reconnect instantly. i checked the router configuration and it is fine (same as original settings). Also, some of my friends have experienced similar issues. 

Can anyone help me with this problem?

Thanks,

Honoured Contributor
Lathania

Re: constant drop out issue

[ Edited ]

Hi Billrizer,

Welcome to Crowd Support!

There are a few things you can do before having to call tech support on 133 933 to get a technician appointment to investigate your issue.

• Restart your modem at the power
  • Factory reset it by holding the reset pinhole in the back of the modem in for about 10 seconds (Don't worry, as long as you haven't changed any settings you won't need to reconfigure it.)
  • Take out the coaxial cable from botht he wallplate and the modem, clean out any dust and reconnect them.

Other than that, do you have Foxtel and if so are you having any issues with it? Do those steps and if it doesn't help then you'd probably be looking at getting a tech out to check your service. Hope this helps.

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

billrizer
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your help Lathania. Yes I have tried all of them before and I don't have a Foxtel. I think there could be some problems with cable line itself.

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

You'll need to call technial support to get a tech booked then 133 933 =) I'm expecting Ben to post after me with the online method =P

athania

Help recognise contributors by clicking the Kudos  button for helpful posts and marking as    allows others to benefit from useful posts.

I'm a Telstra employee posting on my own volition, my opinions and comments are my own and may not reflect Telstra's values and policies.

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F
0 Kudos

Lathania wrote:
You'll need to call technial support to get a tech booked then 133 933 =) I'm expecting Ben to post after me with the online method =P

A bit late, but online method is https://telstra-operations.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzNjU5MDAzNi9zaWQvQTk...

But Lathania, I'm sure you knew that :smileywink:. I just hate having to sit on hold to a call centre, and Prefer LiveChat :smileyhappy:

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Honoured Contributor
Lathania
0 Kudos

I honestly don't know what you can and can't report online in regards to faults >.<

athania

Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

Lathania wrote:
I honestly don't know what you can and can't report online in regards to faults >.<

All Fixed-Line (PSTN) faults for Residential customers can go via: https://service.telstra.com.au/general/home-phone-fault/?execution=e1s1

Before proceeding, please contact Telstra on 13 22 03 if:

• Anyone living at the premises has a diagnosed life-threatening medical condition with a high risk of rapid deterioration and whose life may be at risk without access to a working telephone
  • Your fault is affecting more than one phone line
  • You have reported a fault on the same service in the past 30 days

Technical Support for Bigpond can be contacted via https://telstra-operations.custhelp.com/app/chat/chat_launch/ and I believe they can escalate faults as well.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!