Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Visitor
0 Kudos

How do I switch off Message Service?

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I have recently switched over to Telstra, on their Budget Line home phone service.  I heard that by default the 101 Message Service is enabled.  How can I disable it, as I already have a home message recorder.

thanks

Crowd Leader

Re: How do I switch off Message Service?

[ Edited ]

Telstra FAQ entry: 

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-h...

Please take special note that:

• Home Messages 101® and
  • MessageBank®

are different services, and the procedure for cancelling (or disabling) each service is different.

If you've taken up the Complete Home Saver 200GB Bundle recently, the message service you would be provisioned with is MessageBank® (for which there is no self-service procedure to cancel the service) as part of the Bundle. If it's a standalone HomeLine Budget plan, then it's most likely Home Messages 101®.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Community Founder (Retired)

For good measure, you can also request that Telstra add a Barring to prevent activation of the Telstra Home Messages 101.... LiveChat should be able to assist with this.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

How do I switch off home phone message bank

Senior Moderators

[ Edited ]

Hi leecasy and welcome to CrowdSupport

You'll find instructions on how to switch off MessageBank here:

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-h...

Hope this helps

Deanna Smiley Happy 

If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution as this will help other members find solutions faster.

Has someone been helpful? Give them a Kudos to show your appreciation
Crowd Leader
0 Kudos

leecasey wrote:

How do I switch off home phone message bank

If you aren't going to bother to read the answer already given (above, over a year ago)…

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
0g
0 Kudos

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

How do I SWITCH OFF Message Service?

0 Kudos

Hi brianeru,

I just put my answering machine on that is part of my handset to switch it off. I was told you can't have both so I decided that I was going to use the answering machine today after trying to access messages left and couldn't.

So if you have an answering machine just turn that on and it overrides the 101 thing, till you can get it cancelled etc. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos

From what I gather - the only way to switch off message bank is to phone telstra.

I'll do it one day when I feel like getting annoyed while I waste an hour or two.

Not so hard - just did it.

Takes about 10 minutes.

Phone 132200 - talk to the machine - get put on hold with some daggy elevator music for a few minutes.

Then the other end rings through a few connections and you get disconnected.

Phone 132200 again, - talk to machine again - more daggy elevator music. - but this time a human answers !

A Phillipino call centre, but a very nice woman who speaks clear English !  WoW !

You tell her you want to turn off Message Bank, she takes the phone number and verifies your name and birthdate.

Then it takes her about another 6 minutes while she waits for her computer to connect and change Message bank.

(Must be very slow connection speed at Telstra Call centres) We chatted about our day and the weather in the Phillipines.

I'd suggest it would be much simpler, faster and easier for Telstra to give the option to change settings yourself on your internet account, but my new friend in the Phillipines might  lose her job.

0 Kudos

Telecomahhhh I think you've nailed it as I do NOT see an answer to JustJoan from 2012 in here. Following the instructions on the telstra site do not work either. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
Frequent Visitor
0 Kudos

How do I switch off Message Service?

How do I switch off Message Service? on my mobile and my home phone

justjoan wrote:

Hi there, I have recently switched over to Telstra, on their Budget Line home phone service.  I heard that by default the 101 Message Service is enabled.  How can I disable it, as I already have a home message recorder.

thanks

Senior Moderators
0 Kudos

Hi chenny, 

This link has the info you need: http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-ho...

Steph
Senior Moderator
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines

0 Kudos

Please tell me how to switch of answering machine and message back which arrived with our new phone number. Help
0 Kudos

HI Kayden,

Were able to click on the link that Steph provided just above your post with instructions?

0 Kudos

Please turn off my 101.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Jeff-adam. 

Please see the instructions on how to do so here https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-h...

Regards - 

Tommy
24x7 Digital Customer Care

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi FureyCo,

Welcome to crowd support. Your first post appears to be blank. Please post again to let us know how we can help 

Angela 

Angela

0 Kudos

"Please see the instructions on how to do so here https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-h..."

That link redirects to

http://support.telstra.com.au/t5/support/ct-p/Support

The only entry I can find in the FAQ is to ring Telstra. Is that the answer or is there a web page that can disable it?

0 Kudos

Hi KewKewKew

This is a result of migrating our knowledge base to the new support site. To remove MessageBank completely, you need to give us a buzz, or alternatively chat to us here: http://tel.st/hsc3

Cheers!

Frequent Visitor
0 Kudos

trying to switch off 101 message bank on Telstra mobile what a joke all links lead nowhere.  I see that many people are having the ame problem but no sensible answerson Telstra website. Ring up and get a recorded woice which leads nowhere.  Best thing for me to do is to change service provider.

0 Kudos

Hey chenny,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with having the 101 service removed from your mobile service Smiley Sad The easiest way to have this removed from the mobile is at the account level. My colleagues in Live Chat can assist with this and are available 24/7 via:

http://tel.st/hsc3

Dingo
Please send Kudo's to replies you think are worthy Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Senior Moderators
0 Kudos

Hi Bouquet, 

Did you have a question at all?

Steph
Senior Moderator

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

Best answer so far.

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

That link only took me to crowd suppoprt but not to how to cancel 101. It stopped our EFTPOS machine from working. Wrong dial tone.

0 Kudos

Hi Chedrick007, 

We can arrange to have this cancelled for you. 

To cancel MessageBank®, you'll need to call us on 13 22 00.

Regards - 

Tommy

T3E
0 Kudos

justjoan wrote:

thanks

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

Wow. THANKYOU All you oracles sharing your infinite wisdom on such an obviously complex request.

To all other Long Suffering Telstra users wanting to just disable Telstra Home Messages 101, here is how to do it - without having to deal with a call Centre. *note that this is for Telstra Home Messages 101, not message bank.

Pick up your phone and dial 101
if you havent done this before here is where you will want to press * to skip the intro. You will then be read a series of options- one of them is to disable Home Messages 101. the # key will terminate this abysmally poorly supported and un-solicited service.

vw2
0 Kudos

0 Kudos

I have recently purchased a new phone which has an answer service, it is all set up hand and base but when people ring my home phone they recieve a message "sorry we cannot take your message please try again later" I would like this service turn off so we can use the answering machine. Leanne

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey Adelaide5038

I gather this is a cordless handset that you are talking about? Does it have a built in answering machine or are you using the Telstra Home Messages feature? If there is an answering machine, you may need to consult your user guide on how to turn off that part. If it's the home messages, you can chat with us here http://tel.st/hsc3 to have that feature changed or removed. 

Visitor
0 Kudos

How do I turn off my message bank?

Visitor
0 Kudos

This is of no help.

Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hey Marc2

If you are talking about Messagebank on your mobile, if you chat to us here we can get that one removed for you http://tel.st/hsc3

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

Hi fairy1, 

Was there something you were needing a hand with? 

- Tm 

Tim

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

I need to switch off message bank as we get urgent messages
0 Kudos

Hi Maxwell1929,

You can have it turned off by contacting our team on 132200 or Live chat http://tel.st/hsc3

Thanks

Esther

Occasional Visitor
0 Kudos

How do I disable message 101 from my phone as I have an answering machine set up
0 Kudos

hi Jimmies

I'm hoping these instructions are of assistance for you:- 

Cancelling the Home Messages 101® service

Kind Regards 

Lindy Smiley Happy

Need help? Why not check our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution

0 Kudos

Try #002# or ring 101 then press 3 then # to confirm then you should be advised your service will be cancelled