Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

Visitor
justjoan
0 Kudos

How do I switch off Message Service?

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I have recently switched over to Telstra, on their Budget Line home phone service.  I heard that by default the 101 Message Service is enabled.  How can I disable it, as I already have a home message recorder.

thanks

Community Leader
Drat

Re: How do I switch off Message Service?

[ Edited ]

Telstra FAQ entry: 

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-h...

Please take special note that:

• Home Messages 101® and
  • MessageBank®

are different services, and the procedure for cancelling (or disabling) each service is different.

If you've taken up the Complete Home Saver 200GB Bundle recently, the message service you would be provisioned with is MessageBank® (for which there is no self-service procedure to cancel the service) as part of the Bundle. If it's a standalone HomeLine Budget plan, then it's most likely Home Messages 101®.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
Community Founder (Retired)
Ben_F

For good measure, you can also request that Telstra add a Barring to prevent activation of the Telstra Home Messages 101.... LiveChat should be able to assist with this.

B.

----------------------------

New Users - Click Here!

Occasional Visitor
leecasey
0 Kudos

How do I switch off home phone message bank

Senior Moderators
Deanna

[ Edited ]

Hi leecasy and welcome to CrowdSupport

You'll find instructions on how to switch off MessageBank here:

https://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-h...

Hope this helps

Deanna :smileyhappy: 

If you have found the answer, don't forget to mark the post as an Accepted Solution as this will help other members find solutions faster.

Has someone been helpful? Give them a Kudos to show your appreciation
Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

leecasey wrote:

How do I switch off home phone message bank

If you aren't going to bother to read the answer already given (above, over a year ago)…

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
0g
0g
0 Kudos

brianeru
0 Kudos

How do I SWITCH OFF Message Service?

Mysticdreamer
0 Kudos

Hi brianeru,

I just put my answering machine on that is part of my handset to switch it off. I was told you can't have both so I decided that I was going to use the answering machine today after trying to access messages left and couldn't.

So if you have an answering machine just turn that on and it overrides the 101 thing, till you can get it cancelled etc. :smileyhappy:

Telecomahhhh
0 Kudos

From what I gather - the only way to switch off message bank is to phone telstra.

I'll do it one day when I feel like getting annoyed while I waste an hour or two.

Telecomahhhh
0 Kudos

Not so hard - just did it.

Takes about 10 minutes.

Phone 132200 - talk to the machine - get put on hold with some daggy elevator music for a few minutes.

Then the other end rings through a few connections and you get disconnected.

Phone 132200 again, - talk to machine again - more daggy elevator music. - but this time a human answers !

A Phillipino call centre, but a very nice woman who speaks clear English !  WoW !

You tell her you want to turn off Message Bank, she takes the phone number and verifies your name and birthdate.

Then it takes her about another 6 minutes while she waits for her computer to connect and change Message bank.

(Must be very slow connection speed at Telstra Call centres) We chatted about our day and the weather in the Phillipines.

I'd suggest it would be much simpler, faster and easier for Telstra to give the option to change settings yourself on your internet account, but my new friend in the Phillipines might  lose her job.

Safyers
0 Kudos

Telecomahhhh I think you've nailed it as I do NOT see an answer to JustJoan from 2012 in here. Following the instructions on the telstra site do not work either. AAAARRRRGGGHHH!!!
chenny
0 Kudos

How do I switch off Message Service?

How do I switch off Message Service? on my mobile and my home phone

justjoan wrote:

Hi there, I have recently switched over to Telstra, on their Budget Line home phone service.  I heard that by default the 101 Message Service is enabled.  How can I disable it, as I already have a home message recorder.

thanks

Senior Moderators
Steph
0 Kudos

Hi chenny, 

This link has the info you need: http://go.telstra.com.au/helpandsupport/-/cancel-telstra-home-messages-101-or-messagebank-on-your-ho...

Steph
Senior Moderator
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team
PM Steph - I’m a member of the Overnight Team, so I’ll reply to messages between 10:30pm – 7:00am on the days I’m working.

Live Chat with Telstra

Need help? Check out our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution
All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
Kayden
0 Kudos

Please tell me how to switch of answering machine and message back which arrived with our new phone number. Help
Ashley
0 Kudos

HI Kayden,

Were able to click on the link that Steph provided just above your post with instructions?

Ashley
24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
>