Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

GSC
GSC
0 Kudos

Telstra Complete Home™ Saver 200GB Bundle

Hi guys,

I have a Telstra Complete Home Saver 200GB Bundle plan that came off contract on 29 December 2012 and wanted some advice as to the best and cheapest way to upgrade my data to 500Gb and keep my home phone.  At present I pay $88.00 per month for home phone and internet?  Not sure I want to contract again and pay a lot more.

Cheers

Graham  

Community Leader
Drat

Re: Telstra Complete Home™ Saver 200GB Bundle

It seems to me that your basic options are:

so if your second priority (after the first priority of upgrading the BigPond plan/component to 500GB) is to avoid having a minimum contract term going forward, then the last option upgrading the whole Bundle is best. On the other hand, if minimising your monthly spend is your second priority and you don't use the home phone much anyway, then biting the bullet and taking the first option (and a new 24-month minimum contract term) is best.

I'm sure you (and most other customers) will want both of those things at the same time to different degrees, and luckily there is a choice that can (and must0 be made between the options, because getting the best price and not being bound by a contract term don't support or reinforce each other in the telecommunications marketplace.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
GSC
GSC
0 Kudos

Thanks Drat,

You have given me plenty to think on.  I don't mind committing to a contract but an extra 2 years is just to long when the economy is so slow.  I didn't know that I could upgrade my bundle and still stay off contract so I appreciate the info.  Have a great day. Kodos to you.

Community Leader
Drat
0 Kudos

I didn't know that I could upgrade my bundle and still stay off contract so I appreciate the info.

No problem.

If anyone tells you (incorrectly) that you cannot simply switch to another currently available bundle (i.e. in the T-Bundles range), just refer them to section 4.12 of Part C – Old Home Bundles Not Available for New Sales in the Home Bundles section of Our Customer Te.... If you're not looking to add FOXTEL from Telstra to your bundle, you don't need to sign up for a new contract term just to switch bundles.

——
Departed from CrowdSupport as of 12 June 2013, when the fun factor for me had finally completely evaporated with all the recent site layout and functionality changes, and the apparent efforts to turn a community goodwill-powered vehicle into something closer to a customer service channel.

The opinions and sentiments expressed above are mine only, and do not necessarily reflect Telstra's views or position. I work at Telstra, but my participation here is strictly in a personal capacity as a fellow Australian telecommunications services consumer, and you can safely assume you are not my customer, client, patron, benefactor or friend when I post in this forum.
>