Where customers answer questions and share ideas about our products and services

dastroud
0 Kudos

telstra line down, 132203 no help

Hi, yesterday the garbage truck ripped down ours and two neighbors Telstra lines. We called 132203 but of course got an out of country callcentre. No surprises there, and no problem per se, we were told within 24 hours someone would come out. Now its 36 hours later and still the cables dangle onto the sidewalk. We called the number again, the guy went thru the whole procedure again (got a dialtone, can you recieve calls etc..) before telling us someone was scheduled for the 26th to come (6 days from now!!). How is this acceptable, we have 3 cables lying across the sidewalk and no phone line/internet to speak of. Does anyone know another phone number, preferably reaching a call centre in Australia not overseas, that can escalate this a little higher? 

Lindy
0 Kudos

Re: telstra line down, 132203 no help

[ Edited ]

hi Dastroud :smileyhappy:

We called the number again, the guy went thru the whole procedure again (got a dialtone, can you recieve calls etc..) before telling us someone was scheduled for the 26th to come (6 days from now!!). How is this acceptable, we have 3 cables lying across the sidewalk and no phone line/internet to speak of. Does anyone know another phone number, preferably reaching a call centre in Australia not overseas, that can escalate this a little higher? 

I agree with you, 6 days is way too long to leave cables lying across a sidewalk, and also to be without a phone line. While I can't guarantee that I can speed things up majorly, I certainly would like to give it a try. 

If you can send me your full name, date of birth, and also your home phone number, and the address where the cables are lying, in the link below, I will see what can be done to have this sorted for you within a shorter timeframe. 

https://www.telstra.com.au/webforms/twitter-request/

Lindy, Social Media Team
Telstra Digital Sales and Service

Lindy :smileyhappy:

24x7 Digital Customer Care Team

Need help? Why not check our KnowledgeBase here || Find what you were looking for? Tag answers as Accepted Solution

All moderation actions are supported by the CrowdSupport Community Guidelines
dastroud
0 Kudos

Re: telstra line down, 132203 no help

Thanks Lindy I have sent you the details.